Deleted

Question FRAPS'n 25 man raids in HD computer specs.

Heya people,

I'm looking to start Fraps'n my guilds raids in HD quality at 1920 x 1080 resolution and after realizing this is never going to happen on my current PC I'm looking to upgrade.
    I'm confident in building my own PC but I'm confused on what spec I should aim for, I'm looking to maintain a constant 30fps+ in 25man raids while fraps'n though I don't want to go overkill and waste money on parts that aren't going to benefit Fraps.
    My budget sits around £700 though my real question is what kind of CPU or GPU is going to be needed to accomplish this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Saybia.

Deleted
    I believe most people here agree that recording to another HDD/SSD than your OS/wow folder to prevent a fps drop. For 700£ can you afford an SSD to place your OS and WoW folder and then use a 1 TB HDD for everything else and to record Fraps into

My specs in signature, can fraps 1920x1080 in 25-man raids at high settings with 30-40fps speed (have it set to 30fps) on dedicated Samsung Spinpoint F3.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should aim for i5 2500k, then overclock it further (with a $30 cooler) to around 4.5ghz. GPU doesn't really matter, just as long as it's decent enough to run WoW at 1080p smoothly (atleast HD5850, HD6850, GTX460, etc). If you can get DX11 going without crashes it should give you a nice FPS boost.
    Fraps is taxing on the HDD, but it's also quite brutal on the CPU especially if you're trying to record 25mans. By far the best solution is to have your Fraps recording destination on a different drive than where WoW is installed. Ideally you would have WoW on an SSD and Fraps on HDD, but another HDD will do the job fine.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I could record at 30fps on my old Phenom II X4 955 at stock, so the biggest thing you need for it is definitely a dedicated drive for it. I recorded to a 640GB Caviar Black myself (still do actually).
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Thanks for the information guys helped alot, yeah I'm definitatly going to be running with an Intel i5 2500k, after some research seems they have the nicest overclocking potential for a cheap price. I'm still still wondering about the hard drive situation looks like a SSD setup would be the easiest option but that's going to cost me slightly more as a 80gb+ SSD isn't cheap. Either way I'll sort something out thanks again for the advice.

Deleted
    You can get a 60 or 80 gig SSD for OS, wow and your lost used programs and then get a 1TB HDD to record Fraps into

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybia View Post
    Thanks for the information guys helped alot, yeah I'm definitatly going to be running with an Intel i5 2500k, after some research seems they have the nicest overclocking potential for a cheap price. I'm still still wondering about the hard drive situation looks like a SSD setup would be the easiest option but that's going to cost me slightly more as a 80gb+ SSD isn't cheap. Either way I'll sort something out thanks again for the advice.
    I've been seeing 1TB Caviar Blues on sale for around 60 bucks lately. Two of those in RAID0 would be more than enough for recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I've been seeing 1TB Caviar Blues on sale for around 60 bucks lately. Two of those in RAID0 would be more than enough for recording.
    Or you could buy Samsung Spinpoint F3's instead for $65... Those are much faster than WD Blues.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Or you could buy Samsung Spinpoint F3's instead for $65... Those are much faster than WD Blues.
    Depends where you shop.

Can't get Spinpoints on NCIX.

Deleted
    I was in the same situation as the op.
    Upgraded processor, mobo, and graphics card and am able to get 30-40FPS whilst frapsing.
    Hardware I upgraded to
    Processor - AMD phenom II 555 3.2ghz (over clocked to 3.8ghz) £70
    Graphics - XFX radeon 5770 £120
    Mobo - Gigabyte m720-us3 £50

when not frapsing I get a between 60-100fps in game (vsyn disabled) and when frapsing at 30fps about half my normal FPS but that varies depending on how intense the gameplay is, all settings set to ultra except shadows as thats the real FPS killer.