Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I just sang "the moment I wake up" and my neighbours (two girls) are laughing :(

Okay, so... *cough* yeah... I'm sitting here feeling all happy, finally got some time of from work so I'm logged in, chatting with my mates and all that, all is well.
    Then, suddenly, I get this thought in my head... when the three cheerleaders auditions for Mr Schuester for a spot in the glee club, they did this little dance/song thing with Aretha Franklin's "I say a little prayer for you" right. Um... well, all right, so as I'm sitting here, I suddenly start humming this song while trying to remember the lyrics, long story short, I google it and find the lyrics, and newly awakened as I am (bad judgement calls incoming) I start singing this song of the top of my lungs...

The moment I wake up
    Before I put on my makeup
    I say a little pray for you
    While combing my hair now,
    And wondering what dress to wear now,
    I say a little prayer for you

Forever, and ever, you'll stay in my heart
    and I will love you
    Forever, and ever, we never will part
    Oh, how I love you....

Then I suddenly stop as I can hear laughter from the balcony outside my open window..... I peek out, two girls are sitting there in the sunshine eating breakfast...
    So, yeah, I'm a manly man, 190cm and 105kg and I work within security so they've seen me in my uniform when I come home from work etc. And now, I've just about ruined all of that with this stupid song.. I feel sort of terrible right now, but at the same time I feel that I have to stand up for myself, I'm in a good mood, what harm can a little song do?!

Haha, I'm proper embarrassed though, I could feel my cheeks burn as I realized they'd heard it all, awesome start of the day!
    Good morning to you all =)
    - S
    Last edited by Saphirox; 2011-05-16 at 08:08 AM.
    <Clampy> "I remeber when i first started my character and i was leveling as protection wearing spirit gear and it took me about a year to go from 1-30. but i didnt care! because everything was new and exciting and I WAS A WARRIOR!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Play it off, they'll love it. Most girls eat that stuff up. Glad that you're having an awesome start to the day! Always a good way to start the day. And a lot better than how I started mine, and it's only 4 am.

Just keep singing, and keep them laughing. Ask them for requests.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I don't see why. You're tough, and just happen to sing happy songs while happy

Keep being tough and singing imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know the song and too lazy to google it!

You'll probably get over it, I don't know. Not like its traumatizing or anything, just a bit embarrassing, and yes, its an awesome start of the day.

Get some weights and break into their apartment, then continue singing while lifting weights right in front of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd of walked out onto the balcony and given them a bow, but that's just me ^.^

Grab your baseball bat and kick their door down. Chase them into a corner and tell them to stop laughing. People shouldn't laugh at anyone, it's terribly rude.

Any girl that I know would love it. Don't be too embarrassed, but if you are, don't let it stop you from singing. Take it as a good embarrassment and push against it.

yea i had a similar experience but i was singing the much more manly "fucker her gently" by tenacious D at the top of my lungs whilst in the car, i had the window open which wasn't a problem until the traffic suddenly stopped, i then realise there is a car with the top down stuck in traffic in the opposite direction, with 4 fairly hot girls laughing their asses off

i just gave them a smile and a wink and carried right on singing until the traffic started moving again a few seconds later

smudge those chicks if yeh feel like singing, just 'effin sing man not that you are harming anyone ^^ and don't go about being embarrassed just play it cool to 'em

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphirox View Post
    So, yeah, I'm a manly man, 190cm and 105kg
    But, you watch Glee...?

Anyway, if you like Glee, I'd say you have nothing to be ashamed about. I saw the first episode of the show, and apparently (also according to High School Musical and the likes) it's normal for people to spontaneously start dancing and singing in the middle of the hall way or some other place.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Don't worry, now they just think you're a big beautiful Queen!=X

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    But, you watch Glee...?

Anyway, if you like Glee, I'd say you have nothing to be ashamed about. I saw the first episode of the show, and apparently (also according to High School Musical and the likes) it's normal for people to spontaneously start dancing and singing in the middle of the hall way or some other place.
    Tried that several times, it never works and people look oddly at you, oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Get some weights and break into their apartment,
    I got this far a thought you where going to suggest putting them in some bags with the weights and throwing them in the river to hide your embarrassment.

Anyway, OP Play on it some more, Give them a little bit of a show and they will be putty in your hands

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was it "bad" laughter or "good" laughter?

They could have laughed just beacause it was amusing... Doesnt mean that they think you're lame/girly/whatever.

You were in a good mood and probably managed to lighten up their day a bit as well... nothing wrong with that!

A real man can laugh at himself and with others!

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Just keep singing, and keep them laughing. Ask them for requests.
    I would pretty much do what this guy said.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha dude who cares, if you felt like you felt like it. Never care what other people think of you.

Deleted
    You're definitely in there though.

Who cares mate, if you feel like it go for it!
    Girls dig that stuff, and if you can make them laugh you're on the right track, they're not laughing at you, they're giggeling of how cute they think it is..