Captain Planet and DoT up-times

How are you guys, Affliction locks, managing with DoT uptimes on this encounter? Between moving to get the right buffs and switching for Aegis I have found myself suffering from low DoT up-times.

I am using BoA for SS reasons, however I can't get them above 95% between all the moving. Anyone else having the same problem?

Since we have this boss on farm status this is more for personal improvement than progression, just want to up my output.

Captain Planet = Twilight Council
    Last edited by Calabera; 2011-05-16 at 04:51 PM.

My numbers are usually good for affy on this fight.

The trick for 1st set is your portal. If Igancious decides to charge you and blow you across the room you can portal back to the center quickly. When aegis pops up just switch your filler to him. If Haunt comes off CD recast on Ignacious until aegis is over and maintain dots on feludius. As long as your dps is strong you should have to worry about paying strict attention to Ignacious during aegis. Also we rarely move to deal with the buffs. Maybe this is something more viable for 25man, but in 10 man the phase ends so quickly that we just ignore them and focus on boss.

2nd set is a little more tricky. I like to be assigned to terrestra if available and swap to arion. Make sure to swap when in range and pay attention to when arion is going to be casting disperse. Before arion casts disperse you want to make sure your dots are up until he materialized elsewhere. Portal use can also be utilized for this phase but i find there is so much movement it's hard to predict where you will need to stand.. also make sure when you are moving that you are alternating fel flame and casting gcd dots.

Anyway, hope some of this helps. Go rock them meters!
    FR

I just go destro for that fight because it's just as good as affliction, way easier too.

Sorry to be picky, but how does captain planet correspond to thw twilight council?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Earth (terrestra) + Wind (arion) + Fire (feludius) + Water (feludius) + Heart (monstrosity)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    Sorry to be picky, but how does captain planet correspond to thw twilight council?
    the four guys join together for the final phase.....

Or monstrosity could be captain planet himself and you just ignore heart, I could also see that being more reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I just go destro for that fight because it's just as good as affliction, way easier too.
    Almost as good :P

Drain soul final phase will separate you from the destros in my experience. And i don't really see how it's that much easier. Since cata the cd juggling routine for destro requires a little more skill than I remember for wrath. Not overly complex or anything, but it require enough timing to make sure your cds come up a little staggered. Affy is about the same as wrath except for soul swap (and fel flame) which only makes us better.

Nah it's just as good, the fight's just less forgiving of Destruction in the second phase.

Trying to maintain the Affliction rotation on two targets with either 100% extra cast times or almost constant movement is rough. Doable but rough

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Nah it's just as good, the fight's just less forgiving of Destruction in the second phase.

Trying to maintain the Affliction rotation on two targets with either 100% extra cast times or almost constant movement is rough. Doable but rough
    It's not that hard imo. Fel flame on move refreshes ua.. everything else is on the gcd but haunt.. I can't think of a fight where i can't keep up double dots through a entire fight including lots of movement. VT especially. I think most locks may not includes separate dot timers for their focus target and maybe have trouble keeping track of the dots, but even with the nerf to the cd on soul swap it's very manageable. I would say 2 targets with movement can be done with relative ease.. When you move to 3 targets you lose the ability to move. I think that destro suffers from movement much more than affy.

FR

I have no qualms maintaining the Affliction rotation on V&T, but it sucks so hard on Council.

I'll check on some logs and see what my dot up times have been here. Id say the most challenging part is watching for Arions port and making sure you have refreshed dots up before you shoots to the other side of the room. I also agree with execute phase. So many fights I've considered "I wonder if I'd rather be destro for this..." But then I go back to thinking 25%-0% is my specialty. O.T. I have no problem staying a few k dps above others on this fight, abuse your Demonic Teleport to keep everything rolling, and work on fluid preemptive movement.
    "Thus in our darkest hour we shall turn to the ones known as The Deceivers, for they are the ones with absurd power most cannot comprehend. When the end has come, they will be our only chance for survival, and for eternity they shall be remembered as Warlock: Those with immense power who are not afraid to wield it."

phase 1 and phase 2 are nowhere near a DPS race so I don't really care about the dot uptime. On our last kill I've spent most of the time being out of the bosses range in phase 2 and casting mostly fel flames.. and it wasn't any problem. those two phases are about managing your raid's dps output and getting bosses to 25% equally.
    And in phase 3 when Captain Planet appears the affli execute is pure win.

"by your powers/health combined, I am.. elemental monstrosity.." .. get it?
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Deleted
    the problem i have with soul swap on the twin dragons, sometimes the dragon that's flying around is out of range, is there an add on that would help?
    Last edited by mmocd591725053; 2011-05-18 at 10:39 AM.

I was actually quite relieved to know that somewhere in the world, someone else called the monstruosity Captain Planet.
    My guild didn't understand when I mentioned it...

I use a macro that allows me to SS just by mousing over the targets to save me time on clicking.

#showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] [mod:shift,target=focus] Soul Swap;Soul Swap

Since you don't need the "soul" to actually reach you before you can exhale, just mouse over your current target, press the macro button, mouse over the other target right away, press the macro again, all the while still focused on your original target to keep draining/SBing.

This macro is also extremely useful in PVP as well.