Idea and fun for Shaman Armor set

With all the hype surrounding the new T12 designs and following a few discussions on this site I started thinking. What would be a cool future armor set for shaman?

Naturally I thought of something that would encompass all of the elements and iconic shaman symbols. Before I explain my concept I must give fair warning that all of it is inspired by work and intellectual property produced by Blizzard. In fact there really isn't anything on here that is an original idea. Doubt they will sue me but just wanted to put it out there. Now to the armor…..
    Shaman are spiritual guides communicating and calling upon the elements to guide their people. All of these spirits trace back to the four elemental lords charged by the Old Gods to keep the world in perpetual chaos before being banished to the Elemental Plane. We have Ragnaros the Firelord, Al’Akir the Windlord, Neptulon the Tidehunter, and Therazan the Stonemother. We also have the wolf which has long been a symbol of the shaman class. All of the latter is what inspired the idea for this armor set.

Pictured below is the concept I came up with, not crazy about the colors but it was fun to draw.

Helm of the High Chieftain
    Spaulders of the Stonemother
    Scales of the Tidehunter
    Gauntlets of the Windlord
    Kilt of the Firelord
    Treads of the Spirit Wolf

Below are the pictures I used to bring it all together. I circled the parts that were used.

Seeing as we are gearing up to fight Ragnaros again and have fought Al’Akir in the Throne of Four Winds it would make sense that we could obtain gear from them. As Therazane and Neptulon have taken a more neutral stance perhaps a long rewarding quest line would be in order. For the helm and treads maybe something involving Thrall or other important shaman would be interesting. I just think it would be a fun concept to raid, gather resources, and quest for a set that be truly iconic and in my opinion Epic for the shaman class. Especially in an expansion where the class is in the spotlight and the elements are a strong part of the overall theme.
    I look forward to your feedback, encourage you to take the uncolored version and elaborate on it if you wish, or come up with your own set for a completely different class. For you lore aficionados I would be interested in what story you could come up for this set or any others that might come out of this. Hope you enjoyed the concept and have as much fun with your ideas as I did mine.
    Last edited by Zanjol; 2011-05-16 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Loved it, would be great to see this maybe in the last set of the expansion, def a +1 from me. Great idea, wish I would see this dedication to be put on in the upcoming sets.

The helm should be redone but the concept is cool.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not bad, not bad... Looks like a mix of t2 and t8 though... And the Wolf helm, well while I'm all for it, the wolf is the symbol of the Horde in general, so the Alliance might go a bit "Uhm no".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Looks quite good for a horde shaman but for alliance meh, also the moment i saw it i somehow got reminded of Digimon so great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not bad, not bad... Looks like a mix of t2 and t8 though... And the Wolf helm, well while I'm all for it, the wolf is the symbol of the Horde in general, so the Alliance might go a bit "Uhm no".
    Then why do Alliance shaman have ghost wolf form?

Shamans are also inherently a horde class that alliance has finally gained access to.

To Venzir, the shoulders came right from the shammy crest but T2 and T8 in my opinion are among the best shammy armor aesthetically. T2 is a set that's concept screams "Shaman".

To Myrlae, yeah I agree with you 100% about the alliance but then I again I'm not the biggest fan of them so go figure I make something for the Horde. At second glance it did remind me of a digimon and I got a laugh out of that.

To throw out a small defense, I never promised ground breaking work. I'll leave that to the real artist. Just wanted to introduce a concept that I thought would be lore rich and as I said earlier "Epic". I do appreciate the feedback and discussion being generated. When it boils down to it all of this was just for fun and enjoyment.
    Last edited by Zanjol; 2011-05-16 at 08:40 PM. Reason: bad sentence

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap View Post
    Then why do Alliance shaman have ghost wolf form?
    Same reason as to why a tauren paladin has a spell called Holy Light, despite not using the Light but the Sun.
    Gameplay.
    The wolf is the symbol of the Orcs, and thus the Horde, just like the lion and eagle (and obviously gryphons) are symbols of the humans and the Alliance.

---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 06:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bludsnozzle View Post
    To Venzir, the shoulders came right from the shammy crest but T2 and T8 in my opinion are among the best shammy armor aesthetically. T2 is a set that's concept screams "Shaman".

To Myrlae, yeah I agree with you 100% about the alliance but then I again I'm not the biggest fan of them so go figure I make something for the Horde. At second glance it did remind me of a digimon and I got a laugh out of that.

To throw out a small defense, I never promised ground breaking work. I'll leave that to the real artist. Just wanted to introduce a concept that I thought would be lore rich and as I said earlier "Epic". I do appreciate the feedback and discussion being generated. When it boils down to it all of this was just for fun and enjoyment.
    Hey I'm all for more wolf-head helmets, I rolled a shaman 7 years ago hoping I'd never wear anything but :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I liked the idea
    It be coool to see some tier set match your class and not that tiers raids envirnoment
    +1 from me anyway

While I am not in any way going to bash your art knowing well enough that the best I can draw is stick figures, I will say it does seem to be all too random. I mean you have a wolf head, earthy shoulders, lightning gloves etc. Now if a single color scheme was made to have the pieces actually match eachother rather than looking like you collected a bunch of pieces from different tiers and put them on, then I suppose it would look much better. I do actually like the theme of all 4 elements, but looks wise, its just a tad too random and messy.

Also the shoulders I dont think would fly all too well because they are more or less T8 all over again.

To Gharld, Yeah it is pretty random and after I colored it in I thought I was in Outlands with all their brightly colored armor again. Like I said wasnt crazy about the colors (nothing ever turns out how you want it to haha). I took the shoulders right from the shammy crest as well which are the same as T8. If I get another day when I am bored I might attempt to clean it up and perhaps go with a darker color scheme. Thank you again for posting. It is always nice to get the feedback.