Thread: Omnotron heroic

Omnotron heroic

We killed it tonight on our third try after 4 hours of wipes on Sunday, but to be honest I don't think it's very clear from a shadow priest point of view what will break the shields and what won't. I'm pretty sure that DOTs already applied won't be a problem, but I've been Mind Spiking at about 55 energy just to be certain that any Shadow Apparitions don't cause issues. Can anyone say for certain if the following will cause Converted Power stacks on Arcanotron and/or Static Shock from Electron?

Shadowy Apparitions? Mind Sear intended for the adds that hits the shielded mob as well? Mind Sear intended for the adds but actually targeted on the shielded mob? DOTs applied before 50 energy reached but that continue to tick afterwards?

Deleted
    only controllable adds will trigger shield effects. Uncontrollable pets like your shadow dudes/dudettes, whatever your char's gener is, won't trigger it. Neither will already applied dots.

How about Mind Sear?

The only dots that have to be cleared are the dots when Magmatron's shield is coming up

Magmatron's shield is a "bubble" and when that bubble breaks from 150k damage (I think 500k on 25man) it sets off the explosion. As for the rest of the shields, it has to be castable direct damage. Dots won't trigger it, but pet attacks and direct hits/cast will.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...m/jin/advanced
    You've fallen into a Sarchasm.
    It's the gap between someone being sarcastic, and you picking up on that sarcasm.

Guardian pets (pets with no pet bar) cannot trigger the negative effects from shields, and neither can DoTs applied b4 the shield goes up, with the exception of magmatron. Breaking his bubble thru any means triggers his AE.

Seed of corruption explosions hitting trons whilst theyre shielded will not trigger the effects of that shield, as long as the seeds arent cast on the tron itself. Id put money on mind sear working the same way as long as its targetted on the adds.

Whether u can mind sear the shielded tron tho, im not sure, it does no damage to the target so logically shouldnt trigger the effect, but logic tends to go on many leaves of absence with encounter designers at times so its anybody's guess.

Deleted
    Re-casting dots can trigger it. Your volcano trinket proccing off a dot on that target can trigger it. Mind sear can trigger it.(Although, with mindsear it's an easily dispellable buff on the player.)

Deleted
    Is this 25m? Or why do you use mind sear?

25 man yes. Toxitron is the only one that we tank away to give space between the group and the adds. When he's active I can Mind Sear on him to deal with the adds. When he's not active, but still spawning adds, I'm wondering if Mind Sear is still the best idea. If I did use Mind Sear in this case, whether or not I use Toxitron as the Mind Sear target, it is going to receive some ticks of that (Mind Sear now also damages the target for those who hadn't realised).

I do use Volcano so to be absolutely certain of leaving the shields alone, I'd either need to use a different trinket or otherwise use Mind Spike to cancel DOTs before switching target?

So quick summary for Arcanotron and Electron:

- Shadowy Apparitions: No
    - Mind Sear: ? (*)
    - Direct Damage: Yes
    - DOTs: No
    - Recast DOTs: Yes
    - Volcano proc: Yes

* wouldn't really be an issue except perhaps for the odd time when Toxitron is close due to Shadow Conductor, so would be good to know either way.