Elixir or Potion Mastery

Well I was xmute spec but I find I have a lot of time to farm herbs so I could potentially make a lot more money with these 2 specs rather then my current one(no cd to number of flasks or pots I make-higher proc rates I hear than xmute). Another reason why I want to switch is the gem transmutes(which are not on cd) don't even make profit unless it procs, and even then its minimal.

I'm looking to switch to elixir or potion master but not sure which one is more profitable. My only question is which is better for profit/more high in demand?

Potions sell for cheap(because the mats are minimal) but I wouldn't imagine raiders buying flasks anymore because of guild cauldrons. What do you guys think?

Deleted
    I prefer potion master, since u use em a lot often...as raid wise, for example Potion of tolvir...might spend 20-30 at night, depends on fight we doing etc.

I did elixir. It sold for slightly more in my opinion. And people still buy flasks. Not everyone can be in a great guild. I use flasks for just running around since I make them myself and they are nice for pvp.

I have a transmute master and a Elixir master. I regret ever taking Elixir. The cost of flasks on my realm are terrible. I could almost sell the mats and make more money (in some cases I could make more depending on procs).

Transmute blows any other mastery out of the water. I am pretty sure that I am going to drop my Shaman's Alchemy and relevel it and take Xmute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I have a transmute master and a Elixir master. I regret ever taking Elixir. The cost of flasks on my realm are terrible. I could almost sell the mats and make more money (in some cases I could make more depending on procs).

Transmute blows any other mastery out of the water. I am pretty sure that I am going to drop my Shaman's Alchemy and relevel it and take Xmute.
    you do know you can switch masteries right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greywaffles View Post
    you do know you can switch masteries right?
    at 150g per switch
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

If you can make up that money after you switch, then it was a good switch. Plus 150g is just a day's worth dailies anymore (half a day, actually).

10+ Year Old Account
    xmute bro then poition

Sorry for the late reply guys was on vacation. Its the exact opposite on my server. I don't know about pot or elixir mastery. But the only xmutes that make a profit is living elements(wayy more than truegold) and truegold. And they're once a day, and don't proc that much imo. I could make endless flasks/pots but since i make more they will proc more often. Plus I have the time to farm for mats.

Do you guys think potions or flasks are more in demand?

Since most of the guilds on my realm (at least horde side) are up to using the cauldrons for the perks I've found the flask market is much lower in Cata vs. previous expansions. As a result I went potion spec with my alchemist. The nicest part with it is the mat cost for individual potions is much lower compared to flasks so that the profit margin can be much higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.