Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    The best WoW Player is my 6year old daughter - I have never seen anyone enjoy the game so much like her :-P
    +1, atleast10characters

Don't post spam, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-07-31 at 04:05 PM.

Impossible to answer and all this does is bring up PVE vs PVP.

To be in the top tier of both, you have to be a very good player.

Usually, someone who is very good at one, will also be good at the other.

But pointless topic is pointless, it's impossible to answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me. "If you disagree you're just jelly!"

Deleted
    Angwe.......

Deleted
    Khuna>Reckful, amen. And comparing Reckful with Hydra, its like comparing Roger Federer with Messi.

No one, as there's no way to determine the best WoW player.

10+ Year Old Account
    vurtune or get the fuck out

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonewarrior View Post
    Athene is obviously the best since he got World First 85 in around 5 hours. Take that!

I do not disagree that Athene is in the top 10. However, Not a he.

Athene is not only an Amazing WOW player but a cute woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I do not disagree that Athene is in the top 10. However, Not a he.

Athene is not only an Amazing WOW player but a cute woman.
    Obvious trolling attempts aren't funny
    Free-To-Play is the future.

.....uhhh, does Kungen still count?

Whoever has won the most arena tournaments over the years would be the best player.

Athene!! best gamer in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread devolved into a pvp vs pve flamebait fest fast There will never be a single best player. It's a game, everyone has equal shots at being good. It's all about who can press a keyboard/click a mouse faster really. The truly "best" players are those that help out others with no expectations of any form of reciprocation. Thoughtless actions and advice outweigh a persons singular "achievements".

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    This thread devolved into a pvp vs pve flamebait fest fast There will never be a single best player. It's a game, everyone has equal shots at being good. It's all about who can press a keyboard/click a mouse faster really. The truly "best" players are those that help out others with no expectations of any form of reciprocation. Thoughtless actions and advice outweigh a persons singular "achievements".
    Fast!?!?! Did you see the date this thread was started in? It's going on 2 years old... how the hell does it keep surviving?

Hard to say, the skill roof of WoW is fairly low, there is only so high you can go till gear, computer, connection and mechanics enter the fray.

So i dont think there is a "best player", maybe a "guy/girl who spends the most time playing"

Deleted
    While I do agree PvP takes a bit more skill, PvPers saying loleasymode PvE are unlikely to ever be capable of figuring out and killing heroic bosses without committing most of their time to it. In fact, place a bunch of hardcore PvPers in MSV who haven't killed any bosses yet but know the tactics wouldn't be able to get the first boss kill within the first hour. They might actually be incapable of beating the first boss.

PvP is a different concept to PvE.
    - PvP is more about counters, spec, gear, quick reflex and outplaying your opponent in order to win.
    - PvE is more about learning, experimenting, patience, maximising your potential in a raid environment and execution of the tactics to an excellent or adequate level.

OT: There is never a real definition of "best" player in the world. A player like Reckful would be incapable of dealing with top tier heroic progression raiding just as a top heroic player would be incapable of rank 1 status.

In terms of PvP:
    - TBC and Vanilla I didn't follow the scene much
    - Wrath = Hydra
    - Cata = Reckful
    - MoP = Nobody

Honestly, compared to a game like Starcraft 2 or even Brood War, this game has a very low skill ceiling relatively speaking. The skill and dedication required to play at the highest level of StarCraft dwarfs even MOBA games or FPS. It's like computer chess.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2013-02-05 at 02:27 AM.

Deleted
    The best player is obviously the one who is best at both pve and pvp (or best at one and close to best at the other too). I have played with a lot of gladiators and even two rank 1 players and only one of all these gladiators would classify as a top raider. A lot of pvp players are stuck in a certian way of playing and dont adapt on a boss to boss basis (yes ironic I know). The two rank one gladiators that I have played with are both very good players in pve dont get me wrong but they were not even in the top 5 best raiders in the guild im in.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gs-blade/Sejta

Guild master and main tank of the best PvE guild in the world, has obtained nine (9) different gladiator mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necro'd from last summer, originally started almost two years ago. The responses in the thread are no longer relevant to now so to stop people from replying to two year old posts I'm closing this. :P