Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am probably a minority here but I actually look forward to this service. The whole "premium" thing doesn't bother me. Just remember that Blizzard doesn't have to offer this to us, they could just say if you want to play with your real life friends you can re-roll on their server or pay the realm transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    No reason that you can't just pay to tack this onto the RealID feature, or unlock it. You people and your assumptions and doomsday theories.
    You're still trolling this thread? when do you hop off?

10+ Year Old Account
    If there starting a premium service , Don't be surprised the Cross Server BOA items you will have to have a premium service to use it.. mark my words it will $$$$$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isendims View Post
    You're still trolling this thread? when do you hop off?
    I don't agree with him, but you can't just call every person who disagrees with you a troll.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    Premium=money. Good job blizzard.
    exactly....so really we could just transfer to the server(s) of our friends ~.~

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to play with your friends on another realm, just reroll jesus h christ it aint hard to lvl in this game
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Many View Post
    ONE QUESTION...

If I want play with friends from diferent real. All of my friends have to pay it too?? Or Only I???
    premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service.

10+ Year Old Account

Angry

Paying for :

Pets = okay
    Mounts = okay
    Mobile = okay
    In game feature =

Blizzard simply crossed the line.

Replace "you" with "cross realm dungeon feature"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ekz_CSBVg

Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    You're trying to justify Blizzard/Activision's greed by calling us greedy? I don't have much excess money to spend on little things like this which should be free in the first place. I'm not greedy, I'm just not wealthy.
    In what way are you at all entitled to this service. Several hours ago before it was announced NO ONE was talking about wanting or even needing this. Now they offer it as something cool and extra and it immediately becomes an entitlement.

There is nothing in this offering that was promised, paid for, or expected before they announced it. So tell me why you think this should be free and available for all now?

Because 10 million account subscriptions wasn't enough to buy solid diamond underwear for Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by RokFenris View Post
    Two things:
    - I will not use it if it's a premium service. Ever.
    - I treat the very fact something like that is regarded by Blizzard as meriting an extra fee as a clear signal WoW is not for me anymore, at least while the management showing such greed.
    Pretty much this. Throwing around words like "premium" really has me worried. Charging for something like this? I think I am done. It doesn't directly affect my gameplay, I'm fine with mounts and pets and apps and things being offered, but this is just a step in the wrong direction to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufter View Post
    I am probably a minority here but I actually look forward to this service. The whole "premium" thing doesn't bother me. Just remember that Blizzard doesn't have to offer this to us, they could just say if you want to play with your real life friends you can re-roll on their server or pay the realm transfer fee.
    The great thing about this situation, though, is that I'm sure most people happily accepted the status quo of not being able to do this, because Blizzard said it would be "really really hard to do". Now, however, that Blizzard is showing that they can in fact accomplish this "monumental task in programming" (), but will only provide such functionality to people who are willing to pay extra... yeah. People are kinda miffed, to put it lightly... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    So let me understand: WoW is losing subscribers and one of the possible ways to retain players could be to implement cross realm groups.
    But they make that a paid service, with a good chance to piss off more players that could possibly quit?!?
    And they wonder why they're bleeding subscriptions?
    Where does it say they are bleeding subs again? Look at the historical numbers there is always a post-expansion dip...why would you expect this one to be different? They lost 5% of their subs...hardly detrimental to the health of the game considering 5% was pretty much what the #2 game has active in the US if they are lucky.

Just can't wait to see in trade "WTS Cross Realm Heroic!"

Paid = Fail Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    In what way are you at all entitled to this service. Several hours ago before it was announced NO ONE was talking about wanting or even needing this. Now they offer it as something cool and extra and it immediately becomes an entitlement.

There is nothing in this offering that was promised, paid for, or expected before they announced it. So tell me why you think this should be free and available for all now?
    There hasn't been any discussion of it lately because it's an old suggestion, and Blizzard has probably said "In the future" they would implement it.
    Most people have still wanted it, just like Cross-realm BOAs.
    This is the first time that a gameplay feature has cost a premium fee, and it's not like it's something nobody has suggested or a luxury.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

This marks the beginning of the end of WoW.

Wow, it'll cost money? Color me surprised ; /

The way I justified the $15 a month when I started playing was I had access to the whole game and all it's features and content. Now it's $15 plus...

We can x-fer a toon, but it involves this ultra complicated and expensive process of... moving data! So we're going to pretend it costs $25.
    We can also just do a faction change, but that's even harder than moving from server to server, so we're gonna ask for $30
    A name change isn't nearly as complicated, but to change those couple of characters worth of data, we're going to need $10
    We hear you, we know you like pets! We even removed the difficulty of having to get them in game, and made it as simple as using a credit card!
    I bet you'd like to see your AH items while not in game... no problem, just add $3 onto that bill.

Obviously this is a feature we've never had, and it's certainly not important enough to me to warrant whatever the heck Blizz wants to charge for it, but this is a fast growing trend. Can't wait until they start selling dungeons and gear. Don't think it will happen? Maybe not, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. They're a business first and foremost, making games is just what they do. When it reaches the point where they can't entice people with new expansions and find it hard to hold onto the subscribers they have, they'll just pull out all the stops and try to milk as much from the remaining players as possible. The only reason they don't do it now is not because of some philosophy on game design, they just think it might cost them subscribers and more overall money. The second they think they could make more money overall by selling gear, or access to "premium" dungeons, it will happen.

blizzard releases rehashes just to stall time to think about how to compel players to spend more money

gr8 work blizzard ur da best !

Deleted
    I can already see Tb's rage over this

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium service to send invites cross realm?
    I thought the pet store was okay, for pet collectors.
    The auction house app and guild chat was okay, I guess.
    But this... is the most retarded idea that Blizzard has had.