Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.
    --Rob Pardo, Blizzard's Senior Vice President of Game Design (2/20/2008)
    I'm feeling betrayed about every other month these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eerokhi View Post
    Wow Silver account
    Wow Gold account
    Wow Platinum account
    You know, that wouldn't be a bad idea at this point, and I mean that seriously.

"premium-based"
    Disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    You do realize no one was talking about comparing it with transfering or rerolling? People need to realize that some people might have a guild or other friends on the server they already play on which makes it difficult for them to transfer. For people like this, it would be a nice feature to be able to play with friends who originally rolled on another realm. Playing with friends should not be something you have to pay for.

And its not.
    You can play with friends for the monthly fee you pay, you just have to reroll to do so.
    Now, most that people do anyway is doing instances and bg's (Im guessing that will be added in the future) correct?
    So being able to do that, with 1 guy paying a few bucks more on his sub doesnt sound all that bad.
    Sure, if you want to play with friends, besides instances rerolling or a transfer is still the best way to go.
    But using instances as a paid service to provide that isnt the end of the world.

Dont compare it as 'playing with friends' , its playing with friends that are in another world (of warcraft) realm and environment.
    They could just as easy say well, reroll or transfer if you want to play with em, and then people demand a feature like this..

Quote Originally Posted by Eerokhi View Post
    Wow Silver account
    Wow Gold account
    Wow Platinum account
    So true... It's rather pathetic.

Deleted
    the 600k sub loss means they won't get bonuses this year...now they try to make sure they get their extra ca$h.

Quote Originally Posted by Bblubbs View Post
    COMING SOON:
    Queueing in RDF as dps is a Premium service.
    --we feel this will lower queue times for DPS.

HHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

im sorry u got nailed LOL

Now THIS is the beginning of the end of wow, not trolling but really premium services up to this point have been useless, now they want you to pay extra to play with people...

Deleted
    nice, i can pay to play the game, and then pay again to play with friends!!!

Really awesome idea but.. premium?! Hell no.

So they fucking waste their time doing THIS useless crap instead of making BoAs cross realm? Interesting....

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    You are all right, Blizzard should just increase its monthly access fee to $20.00 per month. It's been the same fee for 5+ whatever years now, it's about time they increased the access fee.

That's what you are all saying right? You don't want to pay piece-meal for some extra low-appeal bonus features. Would you prefer they just raised the cost to everyone?

Look, you pay 15 bucks a month. I lose 15 bucks in my couch cushions every month. I drink 15 bucks worth of Monster in a weekend. I eat 15 bucks worth of popcorn when I take my girlfriend to the movies once. Stop bitching about price; don't pay it if you can't afford it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    -10 points to people with entitlement issues.
    You two most feel lonely in 6+ pages full of other people and their entitlement issues... rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidified View Post
    "Paragon now selling Amani Warbear"

After you send the 100$, we will add you on real-ID, then we will run you through ZA.
    LOL! So true!

Deleted
    13 euro a fucking month is my premium.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I have a question for all those who are jumping ship and saying that this is the end of Blizzard and all that.

1) How is this being a paid service in any way going to effect your day to day gameplay from how it was before?

2) "So I can play with my real life friends.... But I have to pay....." This is not a new concept, it's a concept which has been around for years now, it's called a Paid Character Transfer. If you want to play with your friends free of ALL costs, reroll.

3) This is not a primary service (It's not the normal LFD tool which they are charging for, nor is it the Auction House, or Guild Chat as a "Premium service", but secondary features, which do not effect the course of your day to day gameplay, only enhance it. They are not butchering the game removing services that were there before, and inhibit normal gameplay to add a "premium" service to it, no, these are features you would not otherwise notice were there if you didn't know about them, and or purely cosmetic (like pets, and mounts).
    Obviously trying too hard, should've made Real-ID a premium service aswell then.
    Want to talk with your friends? Make a char on their realm.
    See what I did there?

Want to play with your friends? Too bad, we implemented x-realm LFD finder, use it.
    Want to play with your friends that are on your realm? You can make use of our Premium service, only €5 for 10 invites.
    Last edited by mmoc6e3239934b; 2011-05-17 at 08:15 PM.

This pisses me off, but i'm still laughing at all the people who "quit" saying WoW is going to lose more subs this way.
    If you quit, why are you here? Oh yeah you either didn't quit or you still have WoW on your mind. which is almost the same as playing it.
    This website was the very reason I quit WoW. It was this website that allowed me to find "World of Tanks" during its beta phase, a month after playing the beta, I quit WoW. So I come here to hopefully find another gem in the MMO world to play... and I do not have to pay to play... and then pay to pay to play. Also, I love the Warcraft world... I just do not like the game anymore. I still come here to see the story spoilers. I've played Warcraft since it was first released... way back during the dawn of the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
    "Premium based" WHAT!? I don't give you ENOUGH of my money to empower you to allow me to play with my friends yet?!

The way I see it; As I pay-to-play now, I don't believe I should have to pay to Xfer one of my toons (so I don't, simple as that) And now you come out with this idea to "help us have more fun" but we have to pay you even more for that! I do not understand, when will you stop bleeding us dry of both our time & money, to further your success?

I understand the entire concept of; you create something, I should in-turn have to pay (what is believed) compensation of equal value. But this just takes it to far. It's like going to hospital with no insurance, You pay for them to say they'll help you. But then you have to pay for the medicine too.

excited, Excited, EXCITED! "premium service" lol wut? Am I not already paying you enough? Nah thanks, funny joke Blizz.

Thats funny, I thought the $15 a month I have been paying for the last 5-6 years was for "premium service".....