Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fairly complex system to develop:

How it works today (Just examples for illustration):

Player Queues for Random Dungeon
    -- Hi Blizzard, I'm a player and I'm queueing for a random dungeon. Please list my name on your servers.

*Blizzard server lists player*
    *Blizzard server decides a random dungeon*
    *Blizzard server makes a random group*
    var Tank = rand(tanklist)
    var Healer = rand(healerlist)
    var DPS1 = rand(dpslist)
    and so on.

How it will work:

Premium player ask for a member from his battle.net to join his group.
    -- Hey Blizzard, I'm a Premium. Please call my friend Fulanus from Random realm, I want you to make a cross server group including me and him.
    *blizzard server makes a random group*
    *blizzard server calls upon the desired player on the desired realm -- using much of the already existing "you've been called for a group" and "your dungeon is ready" system*
    *blizzard server defines the premium player as the group guide*
    *blizzard stops searching for random players and let the group guide decide on who'll join*

Looks like a pretty complex system to me.

I blame all the people who bought sparkle ponies. Speaking of which, I never see people on sparkle ponies anymore. I guess that was money well spent...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blawkbuster View Post
    Doesn't matter how complex it is, why should we have to pay extra money to play with some friends occasionally when they are on another server....

ALSO, new premium feature!

Want a bigger backpack?! Well now you can upgrade to the premium player's backpack for only $5 a month!
    Stupid comparison.
    Rather compare it to charging players for extra character slots. Because other MMOs do that. Where in WoW you get 50 player slots without any additonal payment in other MMOs you get... one (!) and any additional slot costs like 1 buck extra (every month!)
    Nobody ever mentions the good stuff about WoW.

idea is awesome!

the idea of another service kinda worry me the diraction where blizzard is going, i get it with apps and character transfer but ingame "premium" ? way start to look grim like all the asian mmo's

next is 40% more XP premium

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Stupid comparison.
    Rather compare it to charging players for extra character slots. Because other MMOs do that. Where in WoW you get 50 player slots without any additonal payment in other MMOs you get... one (!) and any additional slot costs like 1 buck extra (every month!)
    Thats because WoW players are spoiled. Blizzard didn't have to offer this service at all. It they would have never mentioned it, no one would be the wiser. But now that they have started to work on this service, all these people act like they will not ever be able to play WoW again without it.

If you don't like that Blizzard is charging for it you have two options really. 1. Quit WoW completely and put in the reason for leaving space that you are unhappy with the added pay services. or 2. Just don't pay for the service and keep on playing exactly the same as you are now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Waited a long time for this, really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Stupid comparison.
    Rift: 6 character slots per server
    LOTRO: 2 character slots per server (free to play, no monthly cost to play LOTRO)
    Aion: 8 character slots per account

What crappy MMO have you been playing that only gives you 1 character slot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erim View Post
    next is 40% more XP premium
    To be honest - why not?
    Some people already make a second account and dual box for 300% xp.
    The RaF feature should encourage playing together with a friend, but some people use it to play alone.
    People who don't want to buy a second account are at a disadvantage.
    Why not offer it as a premium service?
    Premium services can be a good thing - it all depends on what they are offering and how much it costs.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    Rift: 6 character slots per server
    LOTRO: 2 character slots per server (free to play, no monthly cost to play LOTRO)
    Aion: 8 character slots per account

What crappy MMO have you been playing that only gives you 1 character slot?
    Final Fantasy

btw 2 character slots per server or 8 character slots per account is still very little compared to 50.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2011-05-18 at 06:16 AM.

I'd rather Blizzard to focus on getting the game better, less bugs after PTR builds testing and more GM to help players iG. There are still improvment to be done in the actual game before thinking of adding a new paying feature that only a few percent of player will be happy paying additionnal charge for.

That's no the way they'll get back their 600.000 lost customers I think...

This would be a great service...... if I had friends. On other servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a part of their plan, just look at it

1 They milk everyone out
    2 Players will Q.Q and leave
    3 Blizz lost so many players
    4 Bam at some point they announce Titan, this is how they want to kill wow and trick the players to their new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post

1 They milk everyone out
    4 Bam at some point they announce Titan, this is how they want to kill wow and trick the players to their new game.
    Sherlock? Is that you?

The usual tear fest and the failwaggon is getting full with MMO posters again.
    You lived without it for so many years ,if you had friends on others realms for so long you that means you don't even care to play with them, else you or they would have transferred, but as always you have to bitch about something no matter what.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-05-18 at 06:34 AM.

Deleted
    I wonder what is more complex to develop - this new feature or x-realms BoA gear mailing?

I am willing to bet my boss' right arm that making this x-realms friends grouping work is a lot more complex that than mailing heirlooms. But Blizzard obviously have their own priorities, or they are paving the way for a premium x-realm mailing feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galeos View Post

1 They milk everyone out
    Because nothing beats return customers whom you have mistreated...
    Oh wait, you could be right, I mean, most people here will still pay for D3 and/or SC2 expansions.

Premium service.. no thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyzon View Post
    Oh you've been queuing with your friends via RealID for the past year and a half?! REALLY?! It's a bit different to throw a 1000 of fish into a pool and pull any 5 out that match certain qualifications, than it is to pull 2 specific fish out of said pool. If you really need an analogy to understand. Regardless, Blizzard never had to implement DF at all.
    Alrighty then fanboy, my bad for making a comparison to the current LFD and this new "premium" 5 man dungeon bullshit. I just always thought it was a little wack that my only two choices to play with my friends have been either:

1. Re-roll on their server (time is money man)
    or
    2. Realm transfer (expensive and gay)

I just want to play with my friends! I DON'T WANT TO PAY ANYMORE MONEY!

ps. you can shove you analogy up your ass. Also your wrong, apparently they did have to implement it to fatten their salary.

Also, don't get me wrong I love the idea of playing cross server with friends, and am very happy with how its going to work and all, but why make it totally fucking useless? I mean seriously, people would rather have end game content (right?... unless your a heroics scrub)

Seriously? They need more money? This should have been in the game from the beginning! I'm fine with the mobile AH and stuff costing, but this is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    Sure. I could just leave this thread and let you guys whine and cry over pointless things, or I can knock some sense into you so that you stop crying and don't ruin a good thing for those who are looking forward to this feature because a few kiddies with ENTITLEMENT issues couldn't get their way.
    I happen to know for a fact that capitalists pull out the entitlement word the moment they refuse to deliver on promises made.

God forbid you actually get what you pay for and not let the company tear you a new asshole in the process. That's communism!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm if you are a pro tank you can totally sell your services via realID lol. Put adverts on each realm forum - 'Add me to your friends list and your queues go away 200g per run.'

I can see blizzard charging me about the cost of a happy meal for this, bastards!

Lmao you cheap gits.

Aren't your friends worth you having one less cheeseburger a month? =D

I guess people fail to forget this is why LFD was needed in the first place because people established clicks and noone ran with people on their own server. Now they are just doing it x-realm making the LFD tool pointless.

This is going to shoot up queue times pretty bad as you remove players from the pool. Like it or not, but to continue to use the LFD tool you will be forced into a premium account.

Quote Originally Posted by A J Rimmer View Post
    Mmm if you are a pro tank you can totally sell your services via realID lol. Put adverts on each realm forum - 'Add me to your friends list and your queues go away 200g per run.'

I can see blizzard charging me about the cost of a happy meal for this, bastards! lmao you cheap gits.

Aren't your friends worth you having one less cheeseburger a month? =D
    Blizzard lost that department called the "unintended consequence department". I'll put money on it right now guilds will start selling runs.