Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do gamer girls often hide it?

Edit: So I just wanted to know why alot of gamer girls IRL hide that they like gaming ?

Don't think too much about this, it's just my curiosity!
    Last edited by mmoce0df3ef311; 2011-05-17 at 09:56 PM.

Its just not a huge fuss, whats the big deal? Its rather annoying when a girl shoves in your face the fact that shes a girl who plays video games, truth is, so what? Welcome to this century where girls can do what guys can, too.

Deleted
    For the same reasons many male gamers hide that they're gaming? People in general still have pretty bad preconceptions of gamers and gaming culture in general, not to mention gaming isn't something you really can discuss with non-gamers anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because they think it's nerdy or a guy thing which aint true at all
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Part of it is some girls flaunt it, creating a bad rep for those who don't rely on their tits, so they become more reserved
    There are creepers online as well, which have actually stalked friends for years cross server

The vast majority just doesn't seem to care however

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Its just not a huge fuss, whats the big deal? Its rather annoying when a girl shoves in your face the fact that shes a girl who plays video games, truth is, so what? Welcome to this century where girls can do what guys can, too.
    I know it's not a big deal, I was just interested so I thought I'd make a thread cause gamer girls are cool and imo they shouldn't hide it:P but that's just my take on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually because of the bad reception that gamers in general get, and the fact that anything men are looked down upon for, women are looked down upon twice as hard.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    FL ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡
    Because they are ashamed what people will think of them (Fat, nerdy, ugly girl), and its vice versa with alot of men too, personally i don't care what people think when i tell them i play WoW.
    Last edited by Cloux; 2011-05-17 at 09:46 PM.

Yeah I don't think most girls consider it a big deal that they have to announce to the world. Just the opposite, most girls I know in game roll their eyes and talk smack when there's someone in trade or a pug who does make a big deal out of being a girl. They don't want special treatment for being a girl, and it bothers them when other girls do -- because inevitably some people start acting and talking differently when they know or think a girl is present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play CSS, I guarantee you,You will find girls.

I think the appropriate question is:

"Why do the GOOD gamer girls hide the fact that they're female? And why do the horrible gamer girls promote the fact that they're female in any situation regardless of how off topic or relevant it is?"
    Eyedeeya (Shaman) of Bleeding Hollow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    For the same reasons many male gamers hide that they're gaming? People in general still have pretty bad preconceptions of gamers and gaming culture in general, not to mention gaming isn't something you really can discuss with non-gamers anyway.
    Tbh I haven't met a single male gamer who hid the fact that they were gamers... must be just a coincidence:P

10+ Year Old Account
    because they don't want asshole guys to stalk them.
    This games filled up with people of the mentality of a 12 year old.
    Honestly, I have no interests in girls on WoW nor do I see why anyone else does...

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    This, out of my group of mates only 2 others game and when us 3 talk about it the others faces are just like LOLWTF can we go back to CoD.

Yes thats right CoD isnt a real game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuujin View Post
    I know it's not a big deal, I was just interested so I thought I'd make a thread cause gamer girls are cool and imo they shouldn't hide it:P but that's just my take on it
    Thats just how I view the situation, I wouldn't say girl gamers are ashamed, some are, but not all.

And yes, creepy guys are creepy. Do not want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Likely so they can avoid having 7.3 bajillion horny teenagers hitting on them all the time.

why does it matter what gender a gamer is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedi View Post
    I think the appropriate question is:

"Why do the GOOD gamer girls hide the fact that they're female? And why do the horrible gamer girls promote the fact that they're female in any situation regardless of how off topic or relevant it is?"
    So the terrible ones can be attention whores and get free loots. They thrive on the attention... they're mentally unstable.

Because creepy guys hit on them...
    "More pewpew less QQ"

This post was merely a setback!