Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"state of mind" ?

is this needed ?

since I don't see myself swithing that much between my chakra states in raids or dungeons that much, aren't those 2 talent points better spent elsewhere now that you stay in your current state untill cancelled ?

Deleted
    It's a waste and should be spent elsewhere.

Quickest way to tell if you are looking at a baddie holy priest, is to see if there are points in a completely uneeded for every heroic boss fight in the current content. Including sinestra, talent.

Definitively a talent not worth it if you ask me. While it could technically be used to change stance faster, I really can't say there is any situation where it is actually useful to do so. I personally usually end up in one stance or another based on my current healing role, and usually stick to that throughout the fight. Or at least throughout the fight phase.

Debatable and definitely optional points, but to say someone is a bad priest based on taking those points is nonsense. I know for a fact that some of the theorycrafters behind the class on EJ prefer taking State of Mind.

Having said that, I don't have it but I have found myself in situations I wished I did, more than once but then again, not enough to respec into it.

I think it's highly personal and dependent on playstyle. I'd say try it without and if you find yourself longing to switch faster than 30 seconds, you can always respec.

umm.. u gotta be retarded to take state of mind. since chakra is always on now being in a state for 30 seconds vs being able to change in 24 secnods is such a tiny difference you wont notice it. sure it worked well when chakra wasnt infinite. but now its a waste. u could get more haste or veiled shadows for all anyone cares. just not state of mind.

It's a worthless talent. There are very few fights on which it's worth switching stances at all, and on the fights it _IS_ useful to switch chakra's, you don't switch more than once every 30s anyway.

To the fanboy above me who claims it's not stupid to take since some posters on EJ take it as well, get your head out of their asses. Just because they post on a well known forum, doesn't make them good players. The same can be said for some of the players posting Tankspot guides, which sometimes even contain BAD advice (along with bad playstyles). (Random examples being the video that claims 25m guilds should go heroic conclave among their first few heroic bosses, or the atramedes strategy which is plain suboptimal)

And no, I don't consider myself an elite player either. I just hate it when people start assuming everything someone says makes sense, just because some of it does. Think for yourself.

fanboy ... retarded .. head in ass ... think for myself. Do you people even think about what you're saying? Before you hit send maybe consider what you wrote and whether or not you would you speak to me like that face to face.

I'm not a fan of EJ either and actually I loathe their community. Just because they come up with a formula doesn't mean they are good players. Don't you think I know that?

I think just fine by myself thank you very much, I explained I didn't take the talent. I simply reckognise the fact that some people play differently than you or me, and do like the talent. You don't seem to understand that so really, who got his head in his ass here?
    Last edited by healsdude; 2011-05-18 at 11:34 AM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to agree with the above posters. The points are better spent elsewhere. You rarely switch stances and if you do you usually don't do it every 30 seconds or less. I can't think of a single fight where I would switch sooner or put another way: Since it was changed to a stance I never even once thought "Oh damn, Chakra is on cooldown, I can't switch".
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    I'd have to agree with the above posters. The points are better spent elsewhere. You rarely switch stances and if you do you usually don't do it every 30 seconds or less. I can't think of a single fight where I would switch sooner or put another way: Since it was changed to a stance I never even once thought "Oh damn, Chakra is on cooldown, I can't switch".
    The only fight I actually utilize stance switching like this is Chimaeron, I use single target for P1 for the instant cast and renew refresh on tanks while I use AOE for feud phases. But other than that it's never, ever a problem.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I'm doing the whole fight in the AoE Chakra Personal preference I guess. I agree that that would be a fight where switching is an option though
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Ah, I'm doing the whole fight in the AoE Chakra Personal preference I guess. I agree that that would be a fight where switching is an option though
    Not worth spending two points in State of Mind nontheless. Since my output is enough for feud even in single target (if chakra is on CD) it's not an issue. I was actually specced into State of Mind during our Chim HC progress, this was before the permanent chakra change though.

Deleted
    obsolete talent /agree

Even if we need to switch, the cd is not that long.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dropped it long before the first change, never found much use for it even when Chakra had a 30s length. Theres nothing happening in 6s that switching Chakra's will help people survive through that the other one can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I avoid the issue altogether and go disc. :'D

But seriously, I would skip them. Unless you're speccing for a "I CAN CHANGE CHAKRA FASTER THAN YOU" race, in which case, best investment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    The only fight I actually utilize stance switching like this is Chimaeron, I use single target for P1 for the instant cast and renew refresh on tanks while I use AOE for feud phases. But other than that it's never, ever a problem.
    I stick to aoe Chakra for that, you really don't need to rely on a crit since 10K is the requirement. Past that is pointless. And for that, its just easier to use flash heal. Guaranteed over 10K heal. There usually isn't a lot of slime damage to heal in P1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Considering in the worst case of RNG, the feuds are still 30s apart, how could it have been a problem on Chim anyway? (I used to do the same until I got lazy and just sticked to AoE mode the entire fight, but can't remember ever having trouble with chakra being on cd)

@Healsdude: Your first post (part of it anyway) sums up to " You can't call someone a bad player for speccing this, I know some people on EJ spec it too". It's really simple: If some of the people on EJ spec this, they are playing an suboptimal spec which makes them bad players. You even sortof contradict yourself since you seem to agree that it's not a good talent. There's plenty of other options that ARE worthwhile speccing over this and far less debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    @Healsdude: Your first post (part of it anyway) sums up to " You can't call someone a bad player for speccing this, I know some people on EJ spec it too".
    I agree that statement by itself was wrong, especially qouted like that and taken out of context. Nevertheless even after I explained myself you still seem to find it a good argument. It seems to me that you don't want to understand what I'm trying to say.

It's really simple: If some of the people on EJ spec this, they are playing an suboptimal spec which makes them bad players. You even sortof contradict yourself since you seem to agree that it's not a good talent. There's plenty of other options that ARE worthwhile speccing over this and far less debatable.
    It is not that simple. You're being very short sighted and even disrespectful of other players' choices and playstyle. This is not about the NEED to switch, it's about WANTING to switch to optimize your healing done based on the situation at hand.

Picking an optional talent over another optional talent is NOT suboptimal. No other optional choice has a proven substancial benefit over any other optional point (hence why they are called OPTIONAL in the first place). No one NEEDS Veiled Shadows. Those points are optional. Its NICE to have a few secs off of Fade but no fight lasts long enough to pop your Shadow Fiend twice. If they do, the rest of the raid is suboptimal. So what if someone wants a few seconds off of chakra cooldown if he doesn't NEED a lower cooldown on either Fade nor Shadow Fiend? How is that is suboptimal or even debatable? It is purely down to a personal preference, depending on what you LIKE.

Depending on the gear you have and whether you're going for a haste heavy spec or not, its even debatable if you need all three points in Darkness.

As I explained before, I think calling someone a bad player or even retarded based on picking those OPTIONAL talents is shortsighted to say the least. That is my opinion. If someone has a playstyle that lends itself to quick switching between chakra's, more power to them. As long as they can do their job properly I don't see the problem but you seem to have a problem with them even before you know how well they play. I start complaining when people start dying for no obvious reason and trust me, that is more often the case with priests that don't spec into State of Mind than it is with those that do.

You all claim you never had the need to switch or at least never that often, that's all fine. I think that says more about you than anything else. Many priests even say they just sit in Sanctuary all the time and never switch <-- You're a big slacker in my world! Someone switching on every opportunity they get to maximize their throughput and mana efficiency based on the healing they are doing is worthy of praise and I would take that person over you on my raids any day.

Basically, that talent provide the means to switch ~3 maybe 4 times more during a fight. If you manage to actually use those and therefore maximize all the healing you do, how is that a bad player? How many successive single target heals are you chucking out in Sanctuary? Mind you during the cooldown you can chuck out at least 8 Greater Heals for 10% extra crit and a chance to refresh renew. Do you even realize how much healing you are missing out on if you don't switch? Now doesn't it stand to reason that IF someone manages to use the lower cooldown to its potential he is actually a far better healer than all the slackers that don't switch at all?

But I'm sure you'll find more arguments to dismiss my points of view you probably want to put more effort into arguing I'm wrong than to actually understand what I'm saying and realize you're wrong. Again I think it says more about you than anyone else.

Either way, I'm done with this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I stick to aoe Chakra for that, you really don't need to rely on a crit since 10K is the requirement. Past that is pointless. And for that, its just easier to use flash heal. Guaranteed over 10K heal. There usually isn't a lot of slime damage to heal in P1.
    I use it for the instant, esp. when healing both slime targets. I try to not use FH unless needed because of the major overheal and extra mana cost.

Considering in the worst case of RNG, the feuds are still 30s apart, how could it have been a problem on Chim anyway? (I used to do the same until I got lazy and just sticked to AoE mode the entire fight, but can't remember ever having trouble with chakra being on cd)
    It's less than 30s from the end of feud to the first massacre which leads chakra to have 6-10s CD worst case. It's not a problem, he is one-shotted each week but this is the only time I actually notice the CD on chakra when doing it like this.

State of mind is a totally optional talent, and doesn't really have any great applications. I do hc chim swapping serenity & sanc without it, and haven't had a problem. I will suggest that binding is a better choice than flash for chim, either way its over 10k, but you have some eol rolling to help out next slime volley