4.2 Goodbye Drain spec

Not a QQ thread.

I for 1 enjoy drain spec, i think it makes warlocks one of the most fun toons to play in the game, so many timers to watch and not clipping certain dots, also maintaining the haunt debuff (3 stacks) makes this spec so interesting. I would love to see it around in patch 4.2 but from the looks of thing with the 4set bonus they are doing there best to remove it, would love to see other locks opinions.

wanna know what other warlocks think about it?

use the search function. or your eye's

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-for-DL-filler.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...fe-damage-nerf

plss stop making new topics just join the others

You like Drain spec? Go play a Shadow Priest, only difference there is that instead of the damage modifiers being debuffs (Haunt, Shadow Embrace), they are buffs on the caster instead. (Evangelism, Empowred Shadow through Shadow Orbs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priests are the most fun dps toon I have played. I have like 7, 60+ toons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    You like Drain spec? Go play a Shadow Priest, only difference there is that instead of the damage modifiers being debuffs (Haunt, Shadow Embrace), they are buffs on the caster instead. (Evangelism, Empowred Shadow through Shadow Orbs)
    And the complete lack of dot protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyred View Post
    And the complete lack of dot protection.
    Who cares about DoT protection in a PvE game? :P Didn't realise this was a PvP thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    DoT clipping is gone, it's just a damage increase when you can get your application to line up 0.1-0.2 seconds before it falls off. Just saying.
    Temple of Light-ShadowsongUS
    Get Along Gang-ShadowsongUS (Disbanded)
    ~Alanaria~:::Cyclønite:::Thelek

Quote Originally Posted by Theleklol View Post
    DoT clipping is gone, it's just a damage increase when you can get your application to line up 0.1-0.2 seconds before it falls off. Just saying.
    To be exact it's a dps increase as long as you refresh the dot between the last two ticks, which depending on your haste values and the dot will be something between 2 and 3 seconds (yeah I know, not exact numbers but still on the right level). Also, you still shouldn't clip bane of agony.

And about the topic itself, I don't really like the way drain spec works and in my opinion it's a bit overpowered in PvE when played properly because of the self healing it offers. After the patch you are at least sacificing a little bit dps if you decide to go for the utility.

I love my Drain Spec I really will miss it, casting 2second Shadow Bolts is a snore fest tbh