Deleted

Disc Arena Questions

After playing like 100 Arenas with the Specc suggested on Arenajunkies, some questions came to my mind:
    1. Should I prefer the 4 piece bonus for more mobility or get the 2nd 400 resilience and 70 int? If so, which pieces should I get of which set?
    2. Why not Reflective Shield? I mostly play 2v2 and 3v3, in many situations it can be a loss because vs a 2 dd team, we may lack demage and vs a team with one healer I will run oom first since I'm a priest.. (Note that I use to play with a Hunter or Enh. Shaman, both have a hard time chasing healers around pillars and quite often the healer gets far away and has a chance to drink)
    2.1 If we take Reflective Shield, where to get the 2 Talentpoints from?

Thanks for any constructive answers!

Deleted
    1. 4 piece. No question really.
    2. The amount of damage you get is tiny. Assuming someone hits your shield (rather than dispelling it), you get ~10k damage per person every 15s max. Is a few hundred dps really worth it?
    2.1 That's the problem - if there wasn't anything much to spend points on it would be useful, as is, better things to get.

Also if you're ooming fast try to get more mana burns off - really evens things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhothai View Post
    both have a hard time chasing healers around pillars and quite often the healer gets far away and has a chance to drink)
    1. 4 piece mooncloth is a definite yes. Gives you freedom for 4 seconds. If you are being trained by a dps you can pop shield and run free, letting your partner peel the dps off of you while you heal back up. (peel means cc off of you by any means available)
    2. reflective shield, no. If you want to deal dps as a discipline or play offensive you don't need this talent to do so. You have a lot of spells you can use like penance, sw:P, devouring plague, mind spike, mind blast, and holy fire or smite. Best to pop power infusion and spam mindspikes with mind blast if you want to go offensive and dps with your partner. Also, shadowfiend is great to use if you want to line up your dps for bursting someone down.
    3. from the quote i tagged above, your hunter friend has a pet and there's no reason why an enhance shaman can't catch up to a healer (ghostwolf?). You should also be mana burning whenever the healer is unaware or out in the open.

Hope this helped some

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses!

About 4pc: I will get it.

About Reflective Shield: I often find myself in a situation running around pillars with one dd chasing me while my dd chases the enemy healer around another pillar. In this situation I believe some extra dmg on the enemy dd among with my DOTs can force the healer to leave his pillar to aid his dd, which gives my dd a chance to burn him on the open field. Actually there have been several arenas where it could have been a win if the dd took just a little more dmg. Note that it can be like one shield every 5sec if I can get some heals off which reduce the weakened soul debuff duration. When a dd is attacking me, there is barely time to get a cast trouch, there are just too many interrupts around, so Mind Spike is rarely used when I get attacked.

About Mana Burn: Most enemy healers I recently met were smart enough to interrupt me (Shaman, Paladin) or just LOSed the Mana Burn. The cast time is quite long and there are just too many ways to avoid it. The only way for me to get some burns off is when I fear the healer, sadly some like to run around corners while feared aswell!

About the healers getting away: My DDs might not be the most skilled, but even if they were it would be very hard to follow someone while permanently snared by frost DKs and Rogues. I mostly have a hard time following the healer cause of aoe snares and my dd taking too much dmg, even with good res. Druids just hibernate the hunters pet and get some ticks of water through before it comes back.

What about taking 2pt from imp inner fire/focus for reflective shield?

Not sure why you are so keen on Reflective Shield. It's garbage, and I can say that it won't make a different, but if you really want it, then taking points out of IF is probably the least painful way to do it. Get better dps teammates instead.

Mana burn is really only possible after a fear bomb when your team doesn't need healing. Without that, it's going to be next to impossible when 1) you are playing 3s or 2) when you are playing someone above like 1600. Cast time is way too long and it's too easy to avoid.

I'm still learning disc, but that's my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhothai View Post
    About Reflective Shield: I often find myself in a situation running around pillars with one dd chasing me while my dd chases the enemy healer around another pillar. In this situation I believe some extra dmg on the enemy dd among with my DOTs can force the healer to leave his pillar to aid his dd, which gives my dd a chance to burn him on the open field. Actually there have been several arenas where it could have been a win if the dd took just a little more dmg. Note that it can be like one shield every 5sec if I can get some heals off which reduce the weakened soul debuff duration. When a dd is attacking me, there is barely time to get a cast trouch, there are just too many interrupts around, so Mind Spike is rarely used when I get attacked.
    your best dmg spell (provided you have to do some dps, which is indeed sometimes needed in 2s) remains MS, if you feel you may take someone down in a few casts, that's the way to go. if the opposing players chose to interrupt your MS casts, that usually means they won't be able to interrupt you again for a few sec (with a few exceptions such as DKs who may have their strang up).
    sw: d is also something to use as soon as they're low enough on health to trigger the bonus dmg, and if you glyphed it, the better.

reflective shields are currently too weak to make a difference (that could change if at least that applied to all absorb effects and worked on others rather than only yourself).

Deleted
    Meh.. I'm afraid you guys are right.. I would have really liked seeing DDs die on my shields, but thats probably not possible.

couple things, one dont bother wasting mana on dots as disc unless its a rogue or feral. they do squat for dmg and most classes have enough self healing to completely negate them. And putting them on a war just gives him more rage to kill you.

secondly, for mana burns, as someone pointed out mana burn during bombs is an option. if you are paired up with a dps that is getting los'ed / kited by healer (specially a hunter) have them sit on the enemy dps. this helps a disc priest in several ways, dps gets slowed/peeled and even forced to go defensive which means you have to heal less. it also forces the other healer to heal rather than kite which drains his mana. when hunter is bursting it allows for better cc, ice trap on a dps gets dispelled but a trap on healer can = kill if no trinket is available. with hunter on dps and other healer is forced to spam heals allows you to mana burn or MC. if you time it well, an ice trap followed by MC followed by fear should equal in a kill on dps. if not the other healer has to use ALOT of mana to play catch up on his partner, affording more time to mana burn =). and last when you know you have a good chance to mana burn pop power infusion to get more off.