Theralion's Mirror and opening rotation

I am a holy priest that's increasingly asked to DPS, and I have a question regarding Theralion's Mirror and the opening rotation that I haven't been able to answer myself.

Since the Mirror will proc most likely within seconds after the start of a boss fight, would it be a DPS boost if you open with Mindflay (or 2) instead of VP/DP/SW:P to ensure you have a Shadow Orb available as soon as the mirror procs?

When testing on dummies, I found that when I open with my DoTs, I usually miss seconds of the initial Mirror proc just fishing for that orb to get ES started. I guess a VT can go off if you pre-cast before the tank pulls, but what about the rest? Are the GCD of DP and SW:P worth it?

So, does Theralion's Mirror make you change your openers or do you stick to: VT, DP, SW:P, MF till Orb, MB, recast VT, recast DP, MF to refresh SW:P and get a new orb, MB for ES when TM is about to end, recast VT&DP before ES ends? This is all assuming the mirror will proc almost straight away at the start of a boss fight.

Since Theralion's Mirror power is purely depending on recasting ES after it procs, I feel with the standard opening rotation you miss a lot of the potential of the trinket. Is this correct?

Deleted
    I just go normal rotation and hope to god it procs after I get my first orb.
    Only reason for that is otherwise I find myself in the trap of mindflaying till i get an orb and waiting sometimes a whole phase before the first orb.

It may be worth casting 2xMF since that way you get the evangelism too, tough call.
    Ofc recasting dots early isn't a problem, it's a rather small DPS loss to recast VT early even without procs (and a gain to recast DP early as often as possible assuming you don't lose buffs).

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Ofc recasting dots early isn't a problem, it's a rather small DPS loss to recast VT early even without procs (and a gain to recast DP early as often as possible assuming you don't lose buffs).
    I am not sure what you meant by this, but it isn't a dps loss to recast DP and VT after you get es up. Also, sort of obvious but you would want to recast VT & DP and then use AA... not the other way around because that would cheat your dots out of some of their damage boost

Deleted
    Read what he says. He says that even if you had 0 procs, refreshing VT early is not a big dps loss => it doesn't take a huge number of procs to be worth refreshing.

Deleted
    this twinket is a pain actually for shadows because the proc not directly increases the dmg output but relays on the fact that we:
    1. need a orb
    2. need to cast MB to refresh the buff

i really like the "use" twinket to be able to choose when to profit from them instate of this rng shit.

Deleted
    Twinket, rofl xD

And, in fact, it's quite nice for shadow because of the ES mechanic. You get a longer duration of the proc than if our mastery was a passive increase to dots, for example. Yes, it may well be very annoying if you get bad RNG - but honestly, that doesn't happen that often. It evens out to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlyone View Post
    Read what he says. He says that even if you had 0 procs, refreshing VT early is not a big dps loss => it doesn't take a huge number of procs to be worth refreshing.
    Ah.. it was rather late last night and I was pretty tired so my brain probably didn't put things together quite right. I read through what Red said twice and was still slightly confused if he was saying it was a bad idea or not

Deleted
    Ah, I too was posting whilst tired so not as clear as maybe I could have been.

Basically refreshing dots whenever they'll benefit from anything is good.

Is ok... I should have known better than to go posting on the forums when I was exhausted lol. When I reread this morning it made total sense, so you did much better than me posting sleepy