Best Priest PVE Race

Hey there, simple question what would be the best race for a priest Pve atm since patch 4.1 came out?

Goblin for horde. Unsure about alliance.

I'd go with gnome for the mana buff, maybe human for the spirit.

Healing Goblin/Blood Elf
    Dps Troll
    Last edited by Volitar; 2011-05-19 at 02:15 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc priests are the best!

Goblin priest isn't necessarily true.... better to be blood elf for the extra mana

For holy blood elf is better when there is less gear, but when you're geared out goblin is technically better until you get a shard of woe (if you're going to kill Sinestra any time soon) then blood elf is better again

15+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf Horde
    Gnome or Human for Alliance.

For healing anyway.

Going over racial abilities and passives i would have to say:

Horde: Goblin, Troll, Bloodelf, Undead, Tauren.
    Alliance: Human, Gnome, Draenei, Dwarf, Nightelf.
    Both: Human, Goblin, Gnome, Troll, Draenei, Bloodelf, Undead, Dwarf, Tauren, Nightelf.

(In order from best to worst.)
    Kazeshini - Senna - Hextech - Nozomi - Homura - Riruka - Fearitself - Amyrose - Hatespike - Broku

Deleted
    Alliance PvE:

Dps: Worgen
    Healing: Human

Quote Originally Posted by Hextech View Post
    Going over racial abilities and passives i would have to say:

Horde: Goblin, Troll, Bloodelf, Undead, Tauren.
    Alliance: Human, Gnome, Draenei, Dwarf, Nightelf.
    Both: Human, Goblin, Gnome, Troll, Draenei, Bloodelf, Undead, Dwarf, Tauren, Nightelf.

(In order from best to worst.)
    Haste will never be best in slot and i frankly hate that WOTLK ruined the idea of healers competing against each other to heal first instead of heal damage that's coming. Point being there's almost never any use of stacking haste because those extra .1 seconds that it will take will not result in someone dying, however what it will result in is you and 2 other healers racing to heal the same target to top meters. Truth be told the only thing that will ever matter when healing is being able to heal a fight and not going OOM at the end, and just because you beat someone else on the meters because you stack haste and essentially cockblocked their heals a second heal sure as hell makes you look better on the meters but doesn't a whole lot beyond that. I absolutely HATE the WOTLK mentality. having that extra even .2 seconds of healing time cut off will result in saving a life 1/100 times and more often than not can be even lessened by good reactive and proactive times.

That being said, human, gnome, bloodelf would all be considered better. Human being far above all others for holy and gnome being slightly closer for disc because of the passive intel boost both from racial and base stats. But it's hard to beat every man for himself which will save lives and the spirit increase.

Spriest would be either goblin or troll for horde (not entirely sure whether the buff or the passive haste increase is better i assume goblin is unless you have on use trinkets) not sure about alliance at the moment too maybe worgen despite the fact that crit isn't exactly amazing for spriest
    Last edited by xile; 2011-05-19 at 06:35 AM.