Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why wouldnt you?...dont even need to use it for sex, if it cooks and cleans i would probably buy one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Not if Sony makes them ;0
    They'd still have your credit card info and break down for three weeks.

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Why wouldnt you?...dont even need to use it for sex, if it cooks and cleans i would probably buy one.
    You know what.

This didn't even cross my mind. Clearly it wasn't the full intention of the post, but I wouldn't mind one that cooks and cleans.

There is always the question of how well could an android cook though, because cooking is part intuition, part knowledge, and part experience, part of the experience is tasting the items, and learning what works and doesn't work, and nothing is more valuable than first hand experience.

I wouldn't go with a "Supermodel" version however, too weird.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I'd live to see 2072 tbh.

But no :P Real woman > Android

Specially when I have to choose from the 3 models you linked ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Sure, I'd buy one to cook and clean, but to have a relationship with? You must be deluded if you think you can have a relationship with a robot. And some people will say they don't need a real relationship, but in the end nothing else matters but human connection, and no one wants to be lonely.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. But more for the purposes of acting as a mechanical underling to help me cheat and steal at everything I do. Also if it possesses some fire power or strength I would use it as a body guard. I would make it carry me on its shoulders while I shoot children with a paintball gun, laughing all the way. If it has an advanced computer intelligence it would be an even greater ally. And should it ever decide to rebel against me then I would feign servitude until a time when I can trash it and scrap its remains for parts.

No I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where I am always right. I like to argue.

Reading the first post actually made me feel ill. :\

Deleted
    2072 I am gonna be 82 so... yea... Don't think I will fuck anything in that age.

Anyway I like the idea... At least at my age (21) I really don't seek relationships for much else than sex and to have someone to eat with (for some reason I don't like eating alone outside, many people do that but I feel so fucking wrong )...

Also I recall Jeff from Rules of Engagement saying that in the future, if his wife divorces him, he will be dating a bunch of sexy robots!
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2011-05-19 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7998

Pretty good anime, watch! (Actually pertains to this, sorta)

15+ Year Old Account

"But society couldn't deal with it"

I'm sorry I had to.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-05-19 at 08:48 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Maybe if they had actual thoughts and personality.

But a slave who always agrees with me? God that would be boring.

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

There are some amazing woman on this planet and if i had the chance to have a relationship with one of them I would happily choose one of them over an android . However I am one of those guys who has very few and far between chances for love and so if i had the chance to find love with an android right now I would choose an a beautiful android ...since there are so many wonderful children to adopt in this world .

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then I sure hope that humanity creates the companion cube!

Anyway, none of these women represent my dream image of a woman, they're FLAT compared to what I'd consider perfect :P
    Plus, theses women have more plastic and chemicals in them then a robot would >_>
    Needs more curves!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O_rXZ381vo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Graviton View Post
    There are some amazing woman on this planet and if i had the chance to have a relationship with one of them I would happily choose one of them over an android . However I am one of those guys who has very few and far between chances for love and so if i had the chance to find love with an android right now I would choose an a beautiful android ...since there are so many wonderful children to adopt in this world .
    When you put it like that, I respect and admire that notion, and I have nothing against other people doing it, it's all a matter of personal preference. All the more power to you, and as luck may have it 2072 is an overshot I'd think. 2025 I'm sure we'll have this.

Just don't end up like one of those guys on Guys and Dolls. They make me sad.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-05-19 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Can you have a real human woman BESIDES the Kim Kardashian robot?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

HAHAHAH, so much win in that video!

Deleted
    All I know is that those machines would put prostitutes out of business pretty quick.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7998

Pretty good anime, watch! (Actually pertains to this, sorta)
    If you like that sort of thing, Ghost in the Shell certainly touches that subject thoroughly in several episodes.

Personally, I would not choose an android... but there are those that definately would considering there are guys out there that actually ' date ' lifeless dolls...

http://rlstv.com/2011/02/04/my-stran...n-1-episode-9/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    If you like that sort of thing, Ghost in the Shell certainly touches that subject thoroughly in several episodes.
    Watched it, >.>

There are a lot of anime that I watched. So yeah.........................................