Poll: Would you be willing to make a stand against "premium" services in WoW?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iHEARTRogues View Post
    Making a stand for something you believe is wrong is immature? Since when?
    How can you believe it's wrong when you have no idea what it is?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    And if you would like to play with them you/they would have rolled on the same realm in first place
    It really isn't that simple. I have quite a few RL friends on different realms. At one time, the majority of us were together, but we certainly have different skill levels in terms of raid progression. That has ended up splitting us to different realms.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Does anyone know what it will cost?

That's not the point. The problem is that when adding content for a premium becomes the norm, that's not OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Personally, I'm worried because "premium accounts" are a slippery slope that can start with basic optional commodities like this cross-realm party tool, but then turn into a game where those without premium accounts are so limited with what they can do that they might as well stop playing all together (e.g. Runescape - where premium members have access to more than twice the content normal members do, including an ENTIRE continent).
    Yep. Just look at DDO, or Champions, both of which STARTED as a subscription-based game like WoW and slid into microtransaction hell before becoming F2P because no one was subscribing anymore. That's where this kind of thing leads, and I for one am not going to support that with my money.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Crowe do you have any infos about the fee?
    I mean the price?
    The "what" is going to be premium?
    Or how it's gonna work?
    No one knows, the only thing any one knows is that Blizzard announced they was making this feature.

And to answer the topic question, I wont be taking a stand against it, as long as the game is good and I enjoy it I wont be wasting my time being angry at features I wont use and that wont affect my gameplay AT ALL.

If I was to take a stand against game companies everytime they did something "bad" I wouldn't be playing games, all the big distributors are money grabbing no caring suits. If you think Activision is the worst I shall point you towards EA and remind you they are just as bad or even actually worse, so no as long as the games are good I will be playing them.

Actually this goes for about anything, food, movies, music you name it, if I was to take a stand against every company that did something I did not like or agree with I would be living in the woods in a hut built of branches wearing noting but clothes made out of what I found in nature and eating what i could kill/gather myself.
    Last edited by Exera; 2011-05-19 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    I do not support it, so I will not subscribe to it. I will not cancel my gamesubscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Yep. Just look at DDO, or Champions, both of which STARTED as a subscription-based game like WoW and slid into microtransaction hell before becoming F2P because no one was subscribing anymore. That's where this kind of thing leads, and I for one am not going to support that with my money.
    WoW doesn't have that problem. And probably never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about this feature. If i have friends on a different realm, i just make a character on that realm. You can level 1-85 in under a month easily now, even casually. I dont see the big deal here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    this is the beginning of the end. they are losing subs and need to find a way to make up for it so they are going to start milking the remaining players by adding micro-transactions to the monthly sub.

before you say they didnt lose that many subs you should think about it for a second, they lost subs right as wrath hits the shelves in china (which would probably increase the sub number by A LOT considering china has a lot of wow players), cata goes live and they still lose people, that means that A LOT of people left to cause the number to actually go down

no, they want to make it easier for players to play with their friends other then paying 25 dollars to move to a new server.. this is just an ez fix for those who can't afford or just don't want to leave their server.

only 1 person needs the "premium service" to use it. so i really have no why idea people are complaining over something they may, or may not want to use

Deleted
    Their job is to make money, yours is to play. Dont buy it if you dont want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayure View Post
    It really isn't that simple. I have quite a few RL friends on different realms. At one time, the majority of us were together, but we certainly have different skill levels in terms of raid progression. That has ended up splitting us to different realms.
    So that means you split up in some point and from this point and beyond you play on different realms for long time (or less doesn't matter), the spitting didn't affect your gameplay at all since you continue playing/raiding, neither this feature would now, you lived without it you can still live with it as a premium.

If you were so desperate to play with some of your friends, you or they, would have made a transfer, judging by the fact that this didn't happened neither of you care enough to do it so neither of you would really care about this new feature.

Doesnt really bother me any, all my rl friends and online friends alike quit playing for the most part, I just play now when I have nothing better to do.

To me this looks like people want this service but don't want to pay for it. I don't remember this kind of reaction with the pets, mounts and mobile AH and Gchat.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Not until I know more about it.
    This seems like the only reasonable opinion.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, maybe not depends time if pathc is coming no if no then yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdLady68 View Post
    To me this looks like people want this service but don't want to pay for it. I don't remember this kind of reaction with the pets, mounts and mobile AH and Gchat.
    None of those are related to gameplay directly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    None of those are related to gameplay directly.
    Neither this is

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither this is
    Ehm.. yes it is?

I invite friends to a party in-game and play with them. How is that NOT directly related to gameplay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Ehm.. yes it is?

I invite friends to a party in-game and play with them. How is that NOT directly related to gameplay?
    The same way that you having the Lil'Ragnaros and i don't affect my gameplay