MMO's Home Page advertising

Dear MMO; I'm all for advertising; I understand it's how you keep a webpage like this running. The current use of it though is ridiculously annoying. I often enjoy reading the 'recent blue post' section at the top of the Home Page, but you have some bs covering it up and making it impossible to browse; and I honestly can't figure out a way to get rid of it so I can enjoy reading your posts. Please consider removing these adverts. Ty.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a form of money making and I'm pretty sure most people don't mind (I may be wrong) because guess what! Who doesn't like mmo-champion.com
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    All else fails - download something that cuts em out. Running firefox with no-script, I've never had the issue you mentioned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Either update and use a decent browser, sounds like your using an old one that is displaying ads wrong.

Else get a browser with a script blocker / ad blocker / flash blocked or get Firefox + the extensions (NoScript is one, ABP another) then just right click > disable image from source. Or if its flash its a blank box with an ondemand click to view icon.

Edit: Typo.

Adblock Plus is your friend

While you -could- use an ad-blocker, that hurt's MMO-Champ in the long run.

Bad advertisements should be reported, I can't remember if there is an actual thread to report these things or you may have to PM a mod. MMO-Champ certainly needs the ads to keep the site running, however, they do NOT need ads that block the lovely posts they make up.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

15+ Year Old Account
    I use an adblocker because I don't care about this site's revenue. Actually I don't give a fuck about any site's revenue.

Firefox + AdBlock, period.
    And remember - you want something for free, be ready to see some advertising.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

There's a sticky thread in this very forum for reporting bad ads, right here. It more or less describes everything you can do to make sure the bad ones doesn't show up again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to add that if there's something actually *covering up* an ad, it's likely a browser issue.

There are a few known issues: If you're using IE7, it's time to upgrade. If you're using IE8 or above, make sure Compatibility Mode is off.

If you're not using either of those, it would help us to know which browser you're using and which version of that browser (usually under Help->About), plus send us a screenshot of the offending ad. We'll figure out whether it's on our side or your side and get it resolved.