Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest = a Druids wet dream?

I can't even imagine the amount of extra exponential dps this staff is going to offer. Everyone else is like "yay an extra cast of damage," but the difference is we scale exponentially from haste because we need to get lunar and solar enegy faster to proc our mastery. So, gaining extra spells is the same deal. With our new 4 piece and the staff plus the haste on it. we'll be in a 65-70% extra damage mastery pretty much every few casts. It will be ridiculous. Not only are we the highest scaling spec and class for haste but the proc does even more.

Unlike other classes that actually have abilities that they would say something like "damn I wish it didn't proc on that" balance druids benefit from any extra spell cast. Example say it proced on a shamans flame shock I would be ok and a small damage increase like for everyone else. But if it procced a druids dot we would get more starsurge procs, basically doing the same thing as the staff. Or if it procced on a wrath starfire or starsurge itself it would just make us doing more % damage on top of the extra damage.

This would happen EVERY proc, not just someone hoping it would happen on a chance of a chance to proc like some other classes talking about perfect scenarios.

Deleted
    Thats if the extra spells cause u to gain energy though?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    I can't even imagine the amount of extra exponential dps this staff is going to offer. Everyone else is like "yay an extra cast of damage," but the difference is we scale exponentially from haste because we need to get lunar and solar enegy faster to proc our mastery. So, gaining extra spells is the same deal. With our new 4 piece and the staff plus the haste on it. we'll be in a 65-70% extra damage mastery pretty much every few casts. It will be ridiculous. Not only are we the highest scaling spec and class for haste but the proc does even more.

Unlike other classes that actually have abilities that they would say something like "damn I wish it didn't proc on that" balance druids benefit from any extra spell cast. Example say it proced on a shamans flame shock I would be ok and a small damage increase like for everyone else. But if it procced a druids dot we would get more starsurge procs, basically doing the same thing as the staff. Or if it procced on a wrath starfire or starsurge itself it would just make us doing more % damage on top of the extra damage.

This would happen EVERY proc, not just someone hoping it would happen on a chance of a chance to proc like some other classes talking about perfect scenarios.
    You are making an assumption that the copied spell will generate Lunar/Solar energy. Nothing yet says it does.

It would be the same as asking if when it copies a Destro/Demo Lock's Immolate, does it apply the dot, or just do the instant damage (Same for Moonfire/Sunfire)?

Does it give extra stacks of Arcane Blast's debuff for Arcane Mages (which would be CRAZY mana-efficiency for them. Cast once, get 2 stacks for the cost of 1)?

As well, you are assuming that if it does clone DoTs (keyword: IF), that it's ticks will proc your talents. Again, nothing confirms this, until it is tested.

I just making the same assumptions everyone else is about if the procs with actually work with talents and if they do it would ultimately be ridiculous. Except I'm not making up how good the outcome actually is lol because thats the way the spells actually work.

Imagine if this proc copied DoTs. Imagine then if you could get 2 Haunts on a target with good RNG.

I can easily see this being a bigger upgrade for Affliction locks if it duplicates the entire dot off a tick (because I can assume things too!) and haunt.

---------- Post added 2011-05-19 at 01:41 PM ----------

yeah what he said ^

Im going to guess, its going to be just as good for every caster, as seeing that every caster has haste as their best secondary stat. GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great, are we going to see a thread pop up on every single class who wants the staff? We get it - its going to be good for druids. Thanks for that startling revelation.

Until we know more about exactly how the proc will work and interact with our classes and spells it seems pretty silly to make blanket statements about it being the best for a particular class.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    When you deal damage, you have a chance to gain the Wrath of Tarecgosa, duplicating the harmful spell.

It may create a duplicate of the spell, but it may also simply cast an entirely different spell effect but with the same DMG. (In other words, it casts the spell 'Wrath of Tarecgosa", counts as Arcane/Fire magic.)
    That would make sense, if it copies a casted spell just have the same spell graphic always go off and if it's a dot then it's just called WoT and ticks down.

Deleted
    two pyroblasts and bam the next one if it crits

Im tired of every class making these threads like " OMGHU!@@!!!111, Im a Hunter and it will make me have etxra Trapz ! "

Seriously this staff will do things for every class individually I can already see soo many people raging and /gquit when there GM decides to give it to the Caster your not.

I play a 368 Arcane Mage and a 364 hpally(main) and im not even raging over this staff like everyone else is.

But if I had to say what class it would go to in my guild,and it is already. It is going to a fire mage.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you realize more haste also makes you spend your lunar and solar energy faster. Your whole arguement is invalid.

shaman flame shock ticks reset the cd of lava burst.

Under the old eclipse system this staff would be about as good as described.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    I don't think you realize more haste also makes you spend your lunar and solar energy faster. Your whole arguement is invalid.
    No it's not. Moving through eclipse faster means less dot casting, higher ng uptime etc, not to mention the same number of eclipsed casts. Don't comment on a class if you're clueless please.

Op: unfortunately i doubt it'll work like that

What the proc states is that it will trigger on damage.
    So since it is not applying on the cast of a spell, it is more likely to duplicate periodic damage or the ticks of a dot and not the whole damage.
    It will be an extra damage source, and therefore I doubt will have any impact on class mechanics.

Example say it proced on a shamans flame shock I would be ok and a small damage increase like for everyone else. But if it procced a druids dot we would get more starsurge procs, basically doing the same thing as the staff.
    Lava Surge? Durrr?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its for feral amg, though tbf its dmg/dps are insanely high
    Last edited by scvd; 2011-05-20 at 02:17 AM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    When you deal damage, you have a chance to gain the Wrath of Tarecgosa, duplicating the harmful spell.

It may create a duplicate of the spell, but it may also simply cast an entirely different spell effect but with the same DMG. (In other words, it casts the spell 'Wrath of Tarecgosa", counts as Arcane/Fire magic.)
    I'm pretty certain it will work like this

i.e.

Arcane Blast - a bolt of "Wrath of Tarecgosa" comes from you dealing the same damage or within your damage range for the spell.

Shadow Word: Pain - Puts a dot on the target in the form of "Wrath of Tarecgosa" it will tick as usual or the damage will come up front.

Flame Shock - works the same way, damage up front then the dot portion after. Or the damage will completely come up front.

Mind Flay - It will probably be channeled along with your spell. Or up front damage.

I assume the staff will be considered another player in terms of channeled effects. Wrath of Tarecgosa will not be considered a part of your talents or spec bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

just gotta say Heroic halfus 2 combustion when you get on halfus to kill whelps, impact. that is all

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of trying to convince people on mmo-champion, try convincing your GM and officers to give it to a boomkin over an arcane mage or a lock that does way more dmg than you

your boomkin must be pretty bad.

User was Infracted for this post. Play nice
    Last edited by nemex; 2011-05-20 at 06:40 AM.