Thread: Feral kitty!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm really excited for feral buffs, plus (imo ofcourse) our new tier looks great :3!
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Actually, I was talking from a PvP perspective.

Feral remained at least equal as good as it was before 4.0.6. The damage nerfs (more then) made up for the mobility loss. The most Feral Druids who already had a decent to good rating, stayed on that rating or even went up, and a lot of people that rerolled Feral because they thought it was FOTM just rerolled something else again.
    We're still talking about different things, though, it seems.

Ratings mean little to me, I don't care much for the pissing contest known as Arena. I have no reason to do well in a system that allows opponents less apt at their own class than I am to win against me on a constant basis. I'm a skirmisher. I'm the guy who joins Battlegrounds or travels around the world, taking on whomever I happen to come across, inviting to a dance those that are capable enough and destroying those that aren't. Alas, the quality of available opponents has been steadily declining (not to mention their courage) and so has the number of people who understand what constitutes good PvP. Apparently the main reason why I didn't quit until 4.0.6 was that Feral was so much fun, despite being despised so much both by a large portion of the player base and the devs (remember all that QQ born out of ignorance and incompetence at the beginning of BC and Cata? Both of which lead to massive and unjustified nerfs?).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so excited to keep leveling my feral kitty through pvp (71 at the moment). I'm gonna be dishing out damage like no other!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    We're still talking about different things, though, it seems.

Ratings mean little to me, I don't care much for the pissing contest known as Arena. I have no reason to do well in a system that allows opponents less apt at their own class than I am to win against me on a constant basis. I'm a skirmisher. I'm the guy who joins Battlegrounds or travels around the world, taking on whomever I happen to come across, inviting to a dance those that are capable enough and destroying those that aren't. Alas, the quality of available opponents has been steadily declining (not to mention their courage) and so has the number of people who understand what constitutes good PvP. Apparently the main reason why I didn't quit until 4.0.6 was that Feral was so much fun, despite being despised so much both by a large portion of the player base and the devs (remember all that QQ born out of ignorance and incompetence at the beginning of BC and Cata? Both of which lead to massive and unjustified nerfs?).
    Arena is the only part in WoW PvP that actually measures playerskill though (up to a certain point, where gear/setup/class takes over).

But well seems I misunderstood your problem with the nerfs. So, as much as the shapeshift nerf and damage buff affected Feral in a somewhat postive way towards arena, you have problems with the fact that Feral doesn't really feel like Feral anymore? (If I'm reading it right). I have to agree if that's the problem. Feels more like a Warrior in a cat suit nowadays (still really enjoyable imo though).

Quote Originally Posted by Hadard View Post
    I'm really excited for feral buffs, plus (imo ofcourse) our new tier looks great :3!
    Yay looks great. Till you shapeshift and look like a lvl 8 :S
    Nelf Druid. Tank/Melee/Feral PVP. Dreadmaul

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking very much forward to it!
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

So, I take a ~700 ap nerf on rip/rake has you going: " RAWRAWR NERF AGAIN NERF AGAIN WE GOT HIT HARD!!! " Whereas the powerfull bleeds thing design, which was proven lackluster and broken, due to the little uptime we needed to actually do decent damage (we were able to be played like melee affliction locks, with physical dots, and this was obviously insanely powerfull). So a fix took place, we took a somewhat small hit on bleeds, and gained alot on actuall attacks-> promoting uptime, and bringing us in line with the other melee.
    Only problem?
    It took us too far behind before the sprint buffs. So now when blizzard gave us actually allright uptime, they've realised our damage isn't enough to kill dk's who spam deathstrike, and decided to make us be able to, without hitting bleeds too hard, ~700 ap/15800ap is less than 1% of our ap apparently even less than 0.5%. Oh and towards the argument where bleeds we're powerfull in the start of cata, did you know that back then, when bleeds topped everything else in damage, you could run with claw instead of shred and take a minimal hit in dps? Now it actually promotes paying attention and a rather skillfull playstyle instead of the "now popular" we put bleeds and spam a button till bleeds are off then refresh bleeds and that's good game, I might add this is a very easy playstyle, requires no energy management as opposed to wrath where you had to have SR up for every dot refresh, where the more FB's you squeezed in the better you were. Now? SR buffs only melee attacks, FB is a hindrance and I bet none of you wanted it being in the optimal rotation because that keeps you from secretly playing 1handed and wanking at the same time while doing decent.
    Sorry for abit of a lashout, but I have issues with people who like it easy, and FoTM rerollers, so I thought I'd break some facts down to you.
    Last edited by Wolfdragon; 2011-05-23 at 07:09 PM.

Lookin pretty forward to it, I do wanna be a firey kitty too though