Thread: Feral kitty!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Feral kitty!

With the upcoming patch 4.2 with druid kitty damage boosts currently with it, who's excited even more for being a feral kitty?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only look in sadness when I think of all the QQ and the cries for nerfing that will follow.

that's true, tons of QQ of "they're to strong...NERF NERF..." but it always happens once a class gets a boost T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing kitty is a heart thing. No matter how our spec is balanced, I'll always be happy cat
    English is not my mainspec!

i love being feral, i'm dual feral DPS/tank, healing never really called to me with a druid, and boomkin just seemed boring as well. Feral DPS actually requires a bit of paying attention instead of just faceroll to win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very excited towards 4.2 PvP.

Doubt it's gonna help a lot PvE-wise though.

it'll probably just be a minor boost, nothing to great but still a bit of added damage. now if it were to increase bleeds...then we'd be in business. but that'd really stir up the NERF rage.

Looking at notes posted today, did they revert the mangle/shred buff? All I see listed is ravage buff...anyone know?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kewidogg View Post
    Looking at notes posted today, did they revert the mangle/shred buff? All I see listed is ravage buff...anyone know?
    It's still there. It's seems it's just that they buffed Ravage but forgot to buff Ravage! (proc after Feral Charge Cat). They're actually 2 different spells.

A much needed buff, our single target damage was about ~10% behind most classes at the heroic level, hopefully this brings us closer in line with the majority of them.

hopefully the extra few percentages here and there will help, shred especially since it's what i use after the whole beginning sequence of attacks.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

The Ferocious Bite actually makes a HUGE difference in an execute phase.
    Last edited by DrPancake; 2011-05-19 at 09:58 PM.

requiring less energy will be a huge help for FB
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    requiring less energy will be a huge help for FB
    ... and the added heal is a great bonus.

On a slightly unrelated note, I play a Troll Druid, and why is my Cat form shows a tiger wearing a belt?

Well, we also lose Ap from strength conversion.

Bleeds do not get buffed, nor does our white damage. In fact, I'd say this hardly deals with our scaling problem, and once in full T12 gear and heroic stuff I'd not be surprised to see the gap widen again.

So, not too excited myself.

Im sorry to be the one to ruin all the kitty hopes out there, but the buff is not that great :/

First of, for PvE its around a 4% increase when you also consider that we are loosing around 1000 ap when raidbuffed from the stregth nerf.. And considering we where around 10% behind the majority of melee dps (dont even get me started on ranged), we are still falling behind on meters!
    In PvP the buff is a little better since the strength nerf isnt as big as in a PvE setting.. Se yeah its a good buff.. And feral pvp is in a pretty decent spot if you have the right comp.. But then again, any class is in a good spot if you team up with a rshammy/fDK

Now for the really big problem.. We still scale like shit and this does not seem to be a fix.. Just like this tier we where doing allright in normal mode when we had a decent weapon (because most of our dmg comes from abilities that use weapon dmg), and again at the start of heroics we could compete since we got our BiS weapon very early in the first hc encounter.. But then when everyone else got there gear on pair, they passed us.. Unless they do a buff like this every patch, we will still be bad in heroic modes

It is a buff, but its not big enough, but worst of all, it will only fix us for 1 month of 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Rambear View Post
    Well, we also lose Ap from strength conversion.

Bleeds do not get buffed, nor does our white damage. In fact, I'd say this hardly deals with our scaling problem, and once in full T12 gear and heroic stuff I'd not be surprised to see the gap widen again.

So, not too excited myself.
    My main gripe about Scaling regarding 4.2 is that Casters are getting a Legendary, and Plate DPS is getting Sulfuras. The 4.2 cat buffs are very nice for bloodlust and/or execute phases, and I'm fairly excited for being able to contribute relatively proportionally to those instead of dropping three places in the meter as soon as bloodlust hits. I do really wish they'd make autoattack more then 8% of our dps, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    The new Fb does not seem to comsume extra energy so it wont make such huge crits.

We also get a strength nerf.

so overall yes its an upgrade but nothnig major
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by druidicitus View Post
    Playing kitty is a heart thing. No matter how our spec is balanced, I'll always be happy cat
    I am an unhappy cat because i was gently forced into being a bear

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balbo View Post
    I am an unhappy cat because i was gently forced into being a bear
    No real Cat will ever be forced to play as a Bear!