pets on magmaw bug

I play unholy dk and was asked to do the spike last week and i noticed that whenever i went on top of magmaw to throw the chain on the spike my pet would despawn
    Is this intentionality made like that or is this a bug i gotta post on the official forums

Think it's a bug, I recall locks having the same problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play any pet classes that raided, but does the pet come back when you're off, or do you have to resummon it?

If it comes back, then it's just their standard functionality with vehicles and mounts, the pet despawns and respawns when you're off it.

If it disappears entirely, then that's something to look into.

i would say iys as intended because when you go up on his head your esentially getting into a vehicle and your pet goes away. Its is bugged if he doesnt come back after you get off his head. No proof here, just my thoughts on it.

>< beat me to it

Nope pet does not come back i have to resummon it and since there is a 3 min cd i wont have a pet for half the battle

It got "changed" in the last patch, probably unintended.

And I agree this hurts alot for unholy death knights since we have a long-ish cd on our raise dead ability.
    Quickly notify an administrator to delete this post because the truth upsets you!

let someone else jump up?
    N

Just wanted to confirm this for you, the pet de-spawn is also the case for warlocks as well. Yes, I play a warlock and I'm asked to jump on Magmaw for our 10man. I assume this would happen for a hunter as well, if they ever got close enough to Magmaw. The hit to my dps is ... harsh, but sadly I am one of the four in our group that can jump and is able to get the chains right. The other 2 are a healer and a tank who get to experience the joy of jumping on our alt runs instead.
    The Affliction warlock laughs while they are dead.
    The Destruction warlock laughs while they are on fire.
    The Demonology warlock laughs while they are stunned.