Thread: Atramedes HC

Deleted

Atramedes HC

All of you know this encounter on heroic is one of the easiest after Chimaeron, but we only killed him in 3rd try

youtube.com/watch?v=A-55sFuSDgo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

We one shotted it in my guild actually. We thought it was on normal mode until we actually noticed the ads on our backs.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when he had triple the health in heroic; My that was a horrible time

Yeah, its rather simple.. grats on the quick kill though.

Deleted
    Thanks, Maloriak, Schimaeron and Omnotron Defense System will come soon.

You doing need the Atra Shield Clicker addon anymore. As long as you don't click too early you will always get one tick (Unless you are on a slow connection).

We went and did him the other day after not killing it in about a month. It seems they finally got around to fixing/adjusting this fight. The earlier versions had a lot of what I refer to as "fuck you mechanics".

15+ Year Old Account
    These "recent" (4.1?) nerfs seemed to have helped a lot of people. I have a couple of friends who recently just started their hard-moding and both finished the week with 4/13 down after being at 12/12 for so long.

No idea why they didn't start sooner, probably thought they were hard

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sad that the hardmode is easier than the normal mode. And I only say that because it's only a 5 million hp increase and we had a ton of heroic gear by then.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Pretty sad that the hardmode is easier than the normal mode. And I only say that because it's only a 5 million hp increase and we had a ton of heroic gear by then.
    Yeah it's pretty dumb. Only 2 mill jump on 10 man.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Well lets be fair, if they put it back to it's original health. Hell I don't even remember his health pre-nerfed pretty sure it was ridiculous though, then it would actually be a hard mode

Can anyone outline which strategy they're using which makes this "easy"? We went in there last night (first hc atra pulls) after downing HC Chimaeron and our normal mode strategy wasn't working out for us.

We called it after 5 wipes to consider alternate strategies...

Any suggestions?

---------- Post added 2011-05-20 at 06:23 AM ----------

Just watched the OP's post video. I think we just need raiders who stop failing so hard at missing discs basically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sewid View Post
    Can anyone outline which strategy they're using which makes this "easy"? We went in there last night (first hc atra pulls) after downing HC Chimaeron and our normal mode strategy wasn't working out for us.

Any suggestions?

Just watched the OP's post video. I think we just need raiders who stop failing so hard at missing discs basically.
    We just move between 2 spots afters discs go out.

Deleted

Any suggestions?

You need to make a ration for flying phase, the ground phase is like normal mode except of the add which has to be kicked and killed fast. You need a little bit more heal in Heroic mode. all of your 10 guys arent allow to get hidden by anything.

He's an easy HM if people can stop avoiding taking unneeded sound.

10man:

In P1 we all spread out, and people who get targeted by the breath, run towards the tail. Kill the adds and interrupt them as much as possible, their low should get them down fast.

In P2 the 1st person kites the beam as long as possible along the side of the room. When he can't go longer, our prot warrior hits the gong and he kites the beam for the rest of the phase while using heroic leap and intervene.

And then it's P1 again.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted

Any suggestions?

Just don't stand in bad stuff, really. Nothing special. It's entirely a personal avoidance fight. Some guilds keep their ranged camp grouped, some spread out or make a few camps, there isn't that much difference. Either way 99% of the progress is learning not to get hit by stuff.

Any suggestions?

For my guild, we just spread out in a semi circle around the boss. Breath always gets kited to the right (counter clockwise) and everyone is on their own to pay attention and stay away from breath/rings.

Air phases are handled every time by our rogue. He hits it right off the bat, runs, pops cds as necessary to get ahead, gets body & soul and life gripped, then cloaks out the last few seconds before the boss drops down.

Just remember that with every sound you get, the next modulation is gonna hit you for more - If multiple people have high sound but aren't on 100 sound it doesn't mean that it's no problem like it does on normal. With too many people on high sound the healers are gonna fall back on healing inbetween modulations - or even worse - prioritize the raid over the tank because the raid dipped low even tho they shouldn't be taking any damage for the next 10 seconds at least.

But yes, it's a piss easy fight.

My guild killed Atramedes heroic March 23rd. After 96 attempts. -_-
    Last week we went with a 10man group and one-shot him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.