The best herb gathering addon

Whats the best addon for herb gathering? something that shows a route you should take for fastest results?

Also If I was to save every herb from 1-max how much do you think I could sell all of them for?

Gatherer and auctioneer. You can always go to curse or wowinterface and see whats the most popular for what you want to do.

Each realm has different prices, so asking us how much x item sells for is not going to help much.
    As for the addons, Gatherer or Gathermate2 will show potential nodes on the map/minimap showing where something might be found, at least giving an idea where say the nodes are close together.
    Routes can be used to produce a route round those nodes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qbanb8582 View Post
    Gatherer and auctioneer. You can always go to curse or wowinterface and see whats the most popular for what you want to do.
    Auctioneer is definately NOT a required addon in any case what so ever. Ive been running ah for years and never used that addon. Quite frankly it also makes people undercut by a lot since its not always accurate in terms of the price of the items youre posting.

When i want to sell something, i simply search for that item instead on ah to see what the prices are currently.

Gathering is the ONLY addon u need for herbalising.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried out Gatherer once, but I was like "WTF happened to my map!?" and then i deleted it again.
    Seriously, it totally screws up your map : \

I suggest Gatherer for where the nodes are.

Then get the WoWHead Gatherer database (from wowinterface.com). In the comments are updated import files that are "non-official" but actually work.

Finally, get Routes (if it's still maintained). I used to use it to generate routes for particular ores/herbs. Be sure to look at the optimization options, or it will just make a zigzag across the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Etdrit View Post
    I tried out Gatherer once, but I was like "WTF happened to my map!?" and then i deleted it again.
    Seriously, it totally screws up your map : \
    Considering you can alt+click on tab to take the nodes off the map.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I use:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/gathermate2/
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/gathermate2_data/
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/routes/

Optional:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/gather-hud/

How to:

How to install the data:

1.) install GatherMate2_Data
    2.) Once in game, open gathermate (/gathermate)
    3.) Select the Import section
    4.) select the data you want and click import.
    5.) Profit

Importing into GatherMate2:

type: /gathermate2

Go to 'Import Data' and then to 'GatherMate2Data' (left side)
    If you already have herbs/mines of yourself, select 'Merge' from the 'Import Style' dropdown, otherwise 'Overwrite' is ok.
    Select which sources you want to import (ea: Mining/Herbalism) and tick their respective boxes.
    Hit the 'Import GatherMate2Data' button on the bottom.

Creating your first route:

type: /routes

Go to 'Add' (left side)
    Type the name of your route (and press 'Okay' or enter)
    Now select the zone you want to create a route in from the 'Select Zone' dropdown.
    Make sure the 'GatherMate2' source has it's checkbox ticked.
    Select which nodes (ea: what type of herbs/mines/fish) should be used to create your route.
    Hit the 'Create Route' button.
    Done! you can now go to the zone and follow the generated 'route' on your minimap.

Optimize :

Go to 'Routes' and then the zone you made your route in and finally to the route you created. This has taken you to the 'Information'-tab of this route.
    Click on the 'Optimize Route' tab.
    Hit the 'Cluster' button, this is usually advisable as most zones contain large amounts of nodes. Clustering will group 'nearby' nodes onto 1 point and the default distance is easily viewable on the minimap.
    Hit the 'Foreground' button, this will try an optimization of the length of your route

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one everyone should have is DBM, everything else is optional.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Deleted
    Omen and DBM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyraxon View Post
    Omen and DBM!
    What? This is totally off-topic. Did you even read what the OP said or did you just look at the title?

What? This is totally off-topic. Did you even read what the OP said or did you just look at the title?
    Obviously they need DBM to know when the flower is going to use its very deadly pollen-spew attack. And Omen to make sure its not at them.

Edit: OT, I prefer Gathermate, I used gatherer back in the day but now it just feels cluttered with tons of unwanted features.
    Last edited by DesolatedMaggot; 2011-05-20 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its mmo champ, most people look at the title and hit reply.

I just run with Gatherer and Auctioneer.

power auras, thread closed Nothing comes even cloooooose

GatherMate2. Im using it for herbing and archaeology.

Changing thread title to avoid confusion from "The addon everyone should have?"

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator