Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    LOL "Fire Raven God" Mount.

Blizzard is running out of ideas. Whats next? ICEY warhorse mount dropping in the revamped Kara?

Paladin tier is definitely the greatest of tier 12 imo anyway. Its a shame i cant get into paladins :/. As for Nozdormu; he looks pretty awesome, I really wish they would update all the race textures to look good like that, some of them really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superguy View Post
    I'm a guy and all, but I want to fuck that Nozdormu model. Really one of the best models in the game now, imo.
    are people stupid or something? ITS A NIGHT ELF MODEL WITH BLOOD ELF SKIN....

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    By the time you're raiding heroic content, you've already raided normal, which is a pretty decent baseline tutorial. I'm sorry if you don't have the luxury of raiding with a guild that actually likes learning about fights and encounters by actually doing them, but it can be a lot of fun.

I don't the journal should have any strategy whatsoever, and I think the boss info should be gated by what you've experienced at least once. That way, you can use it as a tool to confirm what you're seeing by playing the game, and then counter the fight bit-by-bit.

Hell, it would be a GREAT way to incorporate Archeology into the game- have archy spots in the raid dungeons that give you access to some knowledge about the boss, that can be shared with your guild through some sort of low-level guild 'Library' perk.

The idea that Blizz will just dump wowhead into a pane in the game from day one just feels lazy from a players' perspective.
    And I feel sorry for anyone raiding with an entire group of members, lets say 25 people as that is what my raids consist of, that don't know a single damn mechanic in the entire fight. You'd probably make a raid group, get everyone organised, and find you needed an extra tank or more heals or less heals so I can just imagine the swapping in and out. And probably about 20 wipes as you discover every mechanic, what spacing you needed, when the tanks should have swapped, whats that debuff doing again?

I can't seriously believe that any guild highly focused on progression (i.e. top 10 on server) does this. I pug a lot of very good groups on my alt as well, groups which clear all content, and if THEY were just discovering the fight without wanting to know mechanics I think I would break my computer.

TBH I dont think serious raiding guilds will use the journal anyway. As far as I'm aware it doesnt contain strats at all and its always interesting to test your own strat or look up what other guilds are doing.

I think it WILL be useful in 5man heroics (THANK GOD when I'm running my alt through them I can just tell people to look at the journal for the mechanic I'm talking about). And I think it will be useful if just before the fight you've forgotten something, lets say the range you have to be at, and you can look it up in seconds besides minutes.

Clearly if you want to go into an encounter with every player completely ignorant you are welcome to do so. I don't believe the journal just pops open before the boss without you clicking on it first.

I believe the only people with any reason to complain is the VERY, VERY high progression guilds. World first guilds. That, as I have discovered, do have a right to be unhappy if they are forced to read the journal if only to stay ahead of everyone else. And maybe a lot of their world firsts relied on being the guild that discovered and adapted to mechanics instantly, rather than taking those 20 wipes to do so. Considering I'm from an Australian guild with everyone on about 400-600 ping it'd probably be more like 40 wipes considering the game lag and vent lag combined.
    Last edited by Estral; 2011-05-23 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond142 View Post
    What is the music in the fire god mount video? I must have it O_O!!!
    Me toooooooooooo :< Name of song in the Raven video please!?
    Last edited by CaptainBadger; 2011-05-23 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A NEW Raven God mount?
    Wait what?
    That implies there is already a Raven GOD in the game, which there is not..
    There is a raven LORD, but not a raven GOD..
    Blizzard and their vast knowledge of their own game, gotta love it.

Journals are for first-timers who have no idea of what analyzing a fight means, or even doing dry runs just to see the bosses mechanics.
    Journal.. I seriously lol'd irl, remember when we did MC WITH A JOURNAL?!
    Oh ... wait a minute..
    We managed all the way into Cata without a damn guide to help us, why is Cata so much harder to understand?
    It's not.
    Last edited by Puro; 2011-05-23 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puro View Post
    A NEW Raven God mount?
    Wait what?
    That implies there is already a Raven GOD in the game, which there is not..
    There is a raven LORD, but not a raven GOD..
    Blizzard and their vast knowledge of their own game, gotta love it.

Journals are for first-timers who have no idea of what analyzing a fight means, or even doing dry runs just to see the bosses mechanics.
    Journal.. I seriously lol'd irl, remember when we did MC WITH A JOURNAL?!
    Oh ... wait a minute..
    We managed all the way into Cata without a damn guide to help us, why is Cata so much harder to understand?
    It's not.

I know you're busy herping and derping trying to find things to rage on Blizzard for, but you could at least try and troll with something Blizzard actually even remotely said. But hey, if you can find me somewhere where Blizzard have referred to this as a raven god mount, it might help your credibility a little.

And as for the journal, if you managed till cata without it, guess what! You still can! But fancy there being no guides whatsoever existing already. Remarkable really. No one ever looked at a guide till now. Nope. Never. This changes everything. Now, you go into a raid, and its like Blizzard injects the strat into your brain and there's nothing you can do about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Deleted
    Oh cool. I dont need to 'hire a druid' to get a raven lord now.

Winning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatto View Post
    Oh cool. I dont need to 'hire a druid' to get a raven lord now.

Winning
    You don't need a Druid since 4.0. or something like that.