Page 1 of 2
LastLast

stockpile truegold for 4.2?

im thinking of this since there are many new receipts that require truegold. anyone doing this?

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Can't hurt, I have been forgetting my xmute the past few weeks. I need to remind myself a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    im thinking of this since there are many new receipts that require truegold. anyone doing this?
    yes, i have 160 plus 65 orbs..cant wait for the new patch. shame the world will end before it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehgypsy View Post
    yes, i have 160 plus 65 orbs..cant wait for the new patch. shame the world will end before it arrives.
    Come one, how likely is it that we will get 365 weapons for Chaos Orbs? The recipes will probably be changed to living ember before they go live.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Come one, how likely is it that we will get 365 weapons for Chaos Orbs? The recipes will probably be changed to living ember before they go live.
    the epics crafted with living embers are 378 ilvl
    Emberforged Elementium Boots

so i can definitely see the 365 stuff being chaos orbs
    Masterwork Elementium Spellblade

Quote Originally Posted by Tehgypsy View Post
    Is this a joke at the thing on the 21st, or a joke about how long it'll take the patch to come out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Truegold and even Pyrite are going to be good to have after Patch 4.2, but don't get discouraged if they don't increase in price right away. A lot of the new recipes are going to need to be discovered and made available to the general public before their mats start to go up in demand. You can go to ptr.wowhead.com and view a profession and then filter those results by 'Added in Patch > 4.1' to see the new recipes. There's more than just truegold that will be needed, dreamcloth, chaos orbs (soon to be BoE), hardened elementium ore, etc. These are all good opportunities to make gold after the patch

Deleted
    Cool, had no idea time to stockpile xD

Although the price will not raise immediately, it will go up...assuming there is any sort of raid progression on your server :P

the question is when does 4.2 goes live? gonna stockpile those for 3-4 months and there are changes on the way? thats a quite big loss in that case.

i'm willing to risk about 1 month production so i'd like to 'time' it somehow =)

i get the feeling that many ppl are stockpling like everything now. the supply for all volatiles, some ores have decreased quite much at my server. maybe its a big bot ban?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    i get the feeling that many ppl are stockpling like everything now. the supply for all volatiles, some ores have decreased quite much at my server. maybe its a big bot ban?
    I noticed I find a lot more herbs/ore veins recently, maybe they got some bots banned or figured out a better detection way, it could also be that most phasing got fixed so there is a bigger area to farm since 4.1.

the question is when does 4.2 goes live? gonna stockpile those for 3-4 months and there are changes on the way? thats a quite big loss in that case.

i'm willing to risk about 1 month production so i'd like to 'time' it somehow =)
    If you were to actually make a months worth now, then im pretty sure you'd have it done by the time patch comes out, atleast you know, that this way it is already done then you dont have to run around doing it at the last minute.

imho most of the people that will be ready to craft the gear when 4.2 drops will have already stockpiled their own little supplies of truegold. That way when the cost skyrockets on patch day they will not be affected. at least that's what i've done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aenimalus View Post
    imho most of the people that will be ready to craft the gear when 4.2 drops will have already stockpiled their own little supplies of truegold. That way when the cost skyrockets on patch day they will not be affected. at least that's what i've done.
    Yes and no. Even if you're right that crafters stockpile truegold as well, the reason why prices increase is due to a change in supply and demand.

Right now there is high supply and low demand for truegold, prices are low. (But because of this, many Alchemists hold their truegolds instead of selling)
    After 4.2, there is a medium/high supply for truegold, and a very high demand, so prices are high. It's as simple as that. The fact that some people stockpile will not change this process too much.

It is the market that will dictate the price. Right now truegold goes for around 500g (cheap) to 600g (expensive) on my server. In the weeks before the patch (like now), price will go up to 800g, and when the patch is live, we might reach 1000g again. I'm not sure yet, but I'll probably sell half what I have before the patch, and the rest during the patch.

Well, theres 8 truegold for each craft.. Lots of people also have alt's to gear up.
    As of right now, there are no more than 15 truegold up on my server's AH. (which would supply a whopping 2x crafts)

I have no doubt what so ever that the price will skyrocket
    There's no chane in "¤"%#¤"¤"#¤#%!¤" that crafters will have stocked up enough truegold to meet the initial demand.

I have since just yesterday managed to buy ~70 crafts just spamming /Trade, in other words, there's a lot of crafters having no idea what's coming
    So fun to see them say "ty ty" after a craft, knowing that they just probably gave away 10-20x the profit from what I payed for the craft, he he he

Problem is ppl is starting to catch up, prime time, lets say 18:00-23:00, there's at least 10-15 ppl constantly spamming trade asking for CD's and the fee just grows higher and higher....

Btw, are the new crafts confirmed? HE HE HE :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the market in 4.2 will be very patchy streaks between high demand and high supply. There are a lot of people holding back truegolds and the people wanting truegold will be wanting to buy in bulk, more than anyone without an initial stash can supply.

In otherwords the market will be run for a while by a very small number of people who may at times be saturating the market with their supply but without a steady stream of re-suppliers that stock could dry up very quickly. Its probably worth keeping an eye on the market during the first week or two of 4.2, it could be very very volatile and inconsistent.

40 Truegold and counting lmao
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

10+ Year Old Account
    The deal about truegolds is that you can't craft as many as you want. You only get one transmute a day and seeing as some weapons require 8 truegolds that means about a week of transmuting. Supply and demand!

What recipes will use Truegold in 4.2? Is it only the BS weapons? Because to unlock those vendors you will have to do the dailies for quite a while. So there will be no immediate demand for Truegold.