Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Considering every priest who has cleared 13/13 in 10 man goes full mastery, and everyone arguing for haste has nothing but talk to back it up ..... I would chose mastery

Quote Originally Posted by powersoul View Post
    Considering every priest who has cleared 13/13 in 10 man goes full mastery, and everyone arguing for haste has nothing but talk to back it up ..... I would chose mastery
    Every priest really? I know quite a few that don't mind you.
    The haste vs. mastery deal depends a lot on your healer setup, the number of healers you run and so on. Please do ignore the people that state that one is better than the other just because they said so. If you run a slightly high number of healers you will find that high mastery will result in a lot of overhealing - similarly if your healer team is small or if other healers are slightly undergeared or simply not exceptional, you might find that high mastery really helps bring those health bars up.

Regardless of what you find works for you, the important part is that you figure out what works best in your case rather than going for numbers people that are in completely different situations and raid compositions and that have absolutely no experience "in your shoes" throw at you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by powersoul View Post
    For one, that is not true. Secondly that is not an argument. It's like saying "the top progressing X in the world all run Y, hence Y must be the best". That comparison doesn't work on the average priest most of the time, nor does it work as a general rule of thumb.

Either state some actual facts which enables us to progress this debate or stay out of it, some of us are actually trying to become better at what we do and how we perceive things.

Deleted
    You will have to find the answer for yourself. Since it really depends. 10 or 25 man. Which classes are the other healers in the team. Tank or raid healing. Do most of it goes into overheal (check the logs for that). Could even be different based on which fight you focus right now..

That being said, when I was holy, I did prefer to stack haste, both in 10 and 25 man. But that's only how i LIKED it.

I'm stacking Mastery. Much more mana efficent.Haste would be fine if the healing on ur group depends more on you then on ur role mates. That's rarely the case moreover in a XX/13 Hm progress scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    Every priest really? I know quite a few that don't mind you.
    The haste vs. mastery deal depends a lot on your healer setup, the number of healers you run and so on. Please do ignore the people that state that one is better than the other just because they said so. If you run a slightly high number of healers you will find that high mastery will result in a lot of overhealing - similarly if your healer team is small or if other healers are slightly undergeared or simply not exceptional, you might find that high mastery really helps bring those health bars up.

Regardless of what you find works for you, the important part is that you figure out what works best in your case rather than going for numbers people that are in completely different situations and raid compositions and that have absolutely no experience "in your shoes" throw at you.
    Mathematically Mastery blows haste out of the water in every aspect. More possible healing less possible mana used. Haste is more possible casts w/ less possible healing. The math is quite easy to do aswell.

p.s.

Not to be a dick but x/13 H 10m no longer applies to being good w/ every boss being nerfed to the point that any moron can clear them w/ a moderate to high success rate. 25m is still the golden standard and 13/13 players who speak on things usually have field tested many things ran the numbers and are giving actual insight.

Only spec swapping Holy/Shadow priests will ever go haste making 1/20 top priests use haste. Most MS healers who play holy often have a disc back making mastery double viable and thus EVEN better for them.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2011-05-24 at 05:19 AM.

Not to be a dick but x/13 H 10m no longer applies to being good w/ every boss being nerfed to the point that any moron can clear them w/ a moderate to high success rate. 25m is still the golden standard and 13/13 players who speak on things usually have field tested many things ran the numbers and are giving actual insight.
    WHY would you say 25m is the "golden standard" when it is pretty much agreed that most bosses are easier in 25m (pretty much any boss where space is not a problem is easier to do in 25m)?

have you seen the nerfs to 10m content its seriously been obliterated. Thus the NO LONGER applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    have you seen the nerfs to 10m content its seriously been obliterated. Thus the NO LONGER applies.
    10 man has been adjusted to be closer to the 25m, it is however in no way noticeably easier than 25man in any way, at all. How hast it been "obliterated"? There haven't been any nerfs on a grand scale, save for some boss hp adjustements and a few minor boss ability dmg fixes (and the ability cast frequency has been adjusted on Halfus and Nefarian, but only for interruptable spells, to factor in the simple fact that you never have as many interrupts in 10man as you have in 25man, but before the change you had to interrupt just as frequently, mich doesn't make any sense).

Clearly you havent seen the grand nerfs thathappen weekly. Chogall heroic 10 is now a faceroll fest Nef 10 is nowhere near as hard as 25m now. If interrupting is what you scale difficulty on then imo nothing is hard ever.

Clearly you havent seen the grand nerfs thathappen weekly. Chogall heroic 10 is now a faceroll fest Nef 10 is nowhere near as hard as 25m now. If interrupting is what you scale difficulty on then imo nothing is hard ever.
    Would you mind showing me all those severe 10 man nerfs?

...you mean the nerfs which are going to go live in 4.2 and have absolutely no effect currently? I would love a link to these weekly nerfs to 10man content which don't affect 25man content.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

HAHA are you talking about the 4.2 NERFS, the ones that are happening when FIRELANDS come out... wow.. just wow, I was thinking you might have a point somewhere in there till you came out with that one... 10 mans are a different ballgame, you have to admit that one death in a 10 man can lead to a wipe as opposed to one death in a 25 where it leads to.. "Well that nub died *pew pew*"

I may consider going Mastery heavy only b/c I'm interested in seeing what it does to my numbers with my raid setup, if it does anything at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verth Aeyta View Post
    HAHA are you talking about the 4.2 NERFS, the ones that are happening when FIRELANDS come out... wow.. just wow, I was thinking you might have a point somewhere in there till you came out with that one... 10 mans are a different ballgame, you have to admit that one death in a 10 man can lead to a wipe as opposed to one death in a 25 where it leads to.. "Well that nub died *pew pew*"

I may consider going Mastery heavy only b/c I'm interested in seeing what it does to my numbers with my raid setup, if it does anything at all.
    Same. Going to try heavy MST for H.Halfus10 raid healing tomorrow to see if I can beat my #36 WoL rank.

Halfus is probably one of the best fights for holy depending on 1 thing and thats knowing your healers in guild. Say your 1 of 2 possible raid healers in 10m u have 2 groups knowing what group your buddy goes for first and you will notice huge gains. This comes from spending time healing with ppl tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurii View Post
    Reworded my post and question in hopes of achieving a better answer.
    As a holy priest, how much mastery do you have?
    There is probably no way of giving you a direct answer that is useful for anything without going into a lot of nuances.

The optimal balance of secondary stats is going to depend on whether you are doing 10's or 25's, and what classes the other healers you are playing with are.

Well, just thought I would chime in and let you all know that I tried running heavy mst and my numbers were wasted, damn paladin is so quick! lol However, I did find out my mst was extremely low and I am now running with a balance of haste and mst, so thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Same. Going to try heavy MST for H.Halfus10 raid healing tomorrow to see if I can beat my #36 WoL rank.
    Hm... on Halfus 10 we usually release Storm, Nether and Whelps at the same time, so there is never that much raidhealing to be done (on the first few tries though I had a constant 17k hps, because we did only release Storm and Nether in the beginning).

IMO, haste for 10man, mastery for 25man, that's what I heard. Also, why do people keep trying to find a stat-stack that fits everything? Each fight has different healing needs, you can't stack a stat and be optimal for every fight. (at least, in 10man)

Also, the whole "12.5% haste raid buffed", what's the point of gearing toward an extra renew tick anyways? I only constantly use renew on omnotron and magmaw. Other fights, I really only put it on the tanks.

And yes, it depends on your healer setup as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    IMO, haste for 10man, mastery for 25man, that's what I heard. Also, why do people keep trying to find a stat-stack that fits everything? Each fight has different healing needs, you can't stack a stat and be optimal for every fight. (at least, in 10man)

Also, the whole "12.5% haste raid buffed", what's the point of gearing toward an extra renew tick anyways? I only constantly use renew on omnotron and magmaw. Other fights, I really only put it on the tanks.

And yes, it depends on your healer setup as well.
    Renew is a pretty good heal. It's great for healing any raiddamage that doesn't affect everyone equally (like V&T, Halfus, Magmaw, Omnotron), obviously on tanks to help out with healing, and it's good to have it rolling on a few ppl on Chimaeron. You can also "precast" it on Nef to make it easier to heal people up after an electrocute.

And let's not forget Renew is instant, and can be cast while walking.
    Last edited by Skyve; 2011-05-25 at 02:17 PM.