No point in Fel Synergy with SB filler?

Why is this? Are you supposed to not use soul link at all while using this spec?

Take one out of Pandemic

I did when I switched over from the drain life filler. I was just wondering the reasoning behind it.

Because technically there's no way to grab Fel Synergy without sacrificing dps, but it's well worth it so whatever

The reasoning is that Fel Synergy doesn't provide a theoretical dps increase over 2/2 Pandemic.In reality,making sure your pet doesnt die from the various mechanics that do not exist for theoretical purposes, is a much higher dps increase than the second point in Pandemic;your GCD will be at 1 sec either way for your Banes and Curses if you itemize correctly and Drain Soul will realistically never fail to refresh UA at execute range even with a 50% chance.

The DL spec could "afford" Fel Synergy eitherway cause of less investment in Destruction.In reality Fel synergy at 1 point is pretty much required for anything remotely challenging and the potential dps loss from 2/2 Pandemic is negligible.

Moral of the story; optimization in vacuum is useless/stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    if you itemize correctly and Drain Soul will realistically never fail to refresh UA at execute range even with a 50% chance.
    Unfortunately this isn't true at all

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    The reasoning is that Fel Synergy doesn't provide a theoretical dps increase over 2/2 Pandemic.In reality,making sure your pet doesnt die from the various mechanics that do not exist for theoretical purposes, is a much higher dps increase than the second point in Pandemic;your GCD will be at 1 sec either way for your Banes and Curses if you itemize correctly and Drain Soul will realistically never fail to refresh UA at execute range even with a 50% chance.

The DL spec could "afford" Fel Synergy eitherway cause of less investment in Destruction.In reality Fel synergy at 1 point is pretty much required for anything remotely challenging and the potential dps loss from 2/2 Pandemic is negligible.

Moral of the story; optimization in vacuum is useless/stupid.
    I wish hunters didn't have to sacrifice 1,000 dps worth of pet talent points to achieve the same concept.

Same reason as the Simcraft spec using the Glyph of Unstable Affliction. It's entirely optimized for single target DPS*. Fel Synergy is worth picking up as it'll ensure your pet survives, and will allow you to freely use Soul Link too.

*As for the Glyph comment, the Glyph of Unstable Affliction is a very miniscule DPS increase once you gain above a certain amount of haste. The Glyph of Bane of Agony easily outdoes it on targets you are using Bane of Agony on; hence single target focused.

I can't remember if the glyph of BoA delays the harder hitting ticks or adds another set, but if its the former than it's probably a dps loss if you're soul swapping targets

I dont use fel sinergy at all, if it dies I just soulburn one, so far just saw felhunter dieing at Sinestra and rarely happens at magmaw. At nef I just Soulburn one to the pillar

You can use the move to command on the pillars as well

IMO Its not worth it. Your pet should never die accept you're accidentally doing something wrong like the lava in Nef, fire in Magmaw. That 50% chance of 15% heal from the talent is not going to help it in the mentioned cases anyway. The pet will also get atleast the aoe heal from the healers and VE from shadowpriest, so in normal case, the pet doesnt need our heal from Fel Synergy to survive. But if you're not sure about watching things out for your pet, you should take the talent for your own comfort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I can't remember if the glyph of BoA delays the harder hitting ticks or adds another set, but if its the former than it's probably a dps loss if you're soul swapping targets
    If not changed recently, GoBoA adds two medium ticks for the duration. So I agree, GoBoA is a dps loss when Soul Swaping.

Yes you use soul link you warlock k

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdoom View Post
    IMO Its not worth it. Your pet should never die accept you're accidentally doing something wrong like the lava in Nef, fire in Magmaw. That 50% chance of 15% heal from the talent is not going to help it in the mentioned cases anyway. The pet will also get atleast the aoe heal from the healers and VE from shadowpriest, so in normal case, the pet doesnt need our heal from Fel Synergy to survive.
    I have a number of Al'Akir attempts that beg to differ.

Mine and the other lock' pet never died on H Alakir, Nef, and Im talking about the week that we both have no Fel synergy(2weeks ago) before trying DL spec. You can browse from these links. Look at the healing by spell, player, death to see the details.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11463&e=11915

This one is another lock's pet, no shadowpriest in his party on alakir:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11463&e=11915

This is from Nef, no Fel Synergy, the pet was fine : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7705&e=8233
    Last edited by Shadowdoom; 2011-05-21 at 11:48 PM.