Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You know our other lock Moro right Geo? He said he tried summoning dg before Calen gives the buff and it still didn't benefit.

Also I got my shammy mate to help me test the dg once and for all yday at the training dummies.
    DI and wrath of air was used as well.

Summoned before hero:

Summoned after hero:

So there's no benefit from hero at all it's safe to say.
    Doom bolt base casting time is 3 sec tho. I'm guessing it only benefits from our haste rating and not buffs.
    Any math wizards wanna calculate what amount of haste reduces a 3 sec cast to 2.6?

I can't give any proof but it was back in March I tested it and was certain I seen the DG's cast time drop when it got the buff. Will have to check next week if we don't do Cho'gall achievement as I already killed Sinestra this week

Interesting nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    You know our other lock Moro right Geo? He said he tried summoning dg before Calen gives the buff and it still didn't benefit.

Also I got my shammy mate to help me test the dg once and for all yday at the training dummies.
    DI and wrath of air was used as well.

Summoned before hero:

Summoned after hero:

So there's no benefit from hero at all it's safe to say.
    Doom bolt base casting time is 3 sec tho. I'm guessing it only benefits from our haste rating and not buffs.
    Any math wizards wanna calculate what amount of haste reduces a 3 sec cast to 2.6?
    Are you sure that your cast bar is affected by haste?
    Looking at my logs I see that there is a significant difference in DG DPS depending if it was cast after BL and without BL

Same boss (V&T heroic) from the same raid two different attempts:

Without BL:
    Doomguard 129285 0.50% 3685.2

With BL:
    Doomguard 196088 0.92% 4966.3

Not every cast bar is correctly affected by haste.

Seeing as how the base cast time is still 3 sec yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hrensgory View Post
    Are you sure that your cast bar is affected by haste?
    Looking at my logs I see that there is a significant difference in DG DPS depending if it was cast after BL and without BL

Same boss (V&T heroic) from the same raid two different attempts:

Without BL:
    Doomguard 129285 0.50% 3685.2

With BL:
    Doomguard 196088 0.92% 4966.3

Not every cast bar is correctly affected by haste.
    That could be variant on anything like what buffs you had active at the time. In order to test purely on haste you would have to have had the exact same buffs at each DG summon along with bloodlust or w/o bloodlust. I doubt very much it was the case for you.

Anyway current gear and haste levels I had a 2.5s cast time on doomguard dbolt.
    With no gear on at all I had a 3s cast time on doomguards dbolt.

This shows that the cast timer is working correctly and showing the variation in cast time based on haste level.

With Eradiction procced and all gear, summoned doomguard under eradiction cast time is 2.5s. Doomguard isn't benefiting from my eradiction proc.

Summoning doomguard after bloodlust is popped and my stats are updated yields the same results as Talimar. I knew this already but still had to test again. Would like to know about the essence of the red buff though as I had done checks on it ages ago and seen my pet with the buff casting sub 2s casts. As I said it could be up to 2 weeks before I get to see it again so would be nice if someone else could show me definitively if it works or doesnt.

Dark Intent does not lower it's cast time either.

Potentially it could be your "Haste Rating" that the cast time is affected by and not percentage. Therefore the guardian will only scale with haste solely on your gear and nothing outside of that.
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2011-05-28 at 01:46 PM.