Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You make good points and I will concede on those, but I also still think logs should be posted whenever possible if a raid is asking for help. The OP is putting up a list of important things to put in a "help me" post in order to get the best responses, and on that criteria, logs belong on the list.

If they don't know how to read the guides --and they can be very confusing at first -- I don't think the right solution is to avoid encouraging them lest they just rely on getting their hand held. There's no reason we can't help people by aiding with their raid issues AND teaching them how to make use of the tool themselves. The people who like helping out could post links to the WoL tutorials or at the least say "I noticed from the logs that the reason you're wiping is that your curses aren't getting dispelled. Here is how I figured that out using the log so you will know for next time."

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You make good points and I will concede on those, but I also still think logs should be posted whenever possible if a raid is asking for help. The OP is putting up a list of important things to put in a "help me" post in order to get the best responses, and on that criteria, logs belong on the list.
    And it has been added. I'll add an additional disclaimer that leaving out key things like a log can reduce our ability to help.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

posted it wrong thread somehow T.T

Deleted
    I personally run our WoL reports, and initially when i first started doing it i had a limited knowlege of where to find the fails etc... and how to analyze the data properly.

During the learning curve i came across raidbots.com/comparebot/

In short, this is not WoL - you simply run the WoL url through comparebot. It will give you a breakdown of cd's, class skills, consumable usage, possible fails etc. Without the headache of trying to run a query within WoL.

That'd be nice, seeing as this thread is only useful while it's on the first page.

i think dragon soul is way easyer then fire land

Deleted
    raidbots.com/comparebot/ is awesome - pretty basic information but still useful - healthstones, mana/dps/tank pots, CDs used, earth shield uptime etc. - and it's much faster to use then WoL parser unless you have good/proper parses defined and/or can do it fast

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank u for a suggestion...

I recently to chase Naruto, you like Sasuke or Naruto?

Deleted
    Bump for da sticky

how to read WoL if anything.

Deleted
    hy play wowo freakz?

why bump an old ass thread? -_-

Deleted
    Bumping for sticky. This is a great idea

agree, vote for sticky!

Hey Everyone,

My guild and I have been trying to get through 10 man EN and we are behind to the point that I feel i need to ask for help. We get to Il'gynoth <The Heart of Corruption> and get stuck every time. We get through the first phase just fine but once we come back out, thats when things start to fall apart. We are not sure what the kill order should be so any advice would help. I cant post logs because i'm a new user.

Deleted
    hi,

given that we usually make a fresh run every week, so having a fixed time scheduled we dont' give so much tries to them, we keep wiping at coven
    here's the log

warcraftlog id: qcmMnJk2H91ABCbP

ty

Great idea! I appreciate you

100% sticky