Deleted

[AFFLICTION] first glyphs to get at 25 while leveling in instances?

basically, i level in instances by multidotting as affliction. i like how it plays, even more than i used to like my shadowpriest. now, my lock has passed the first glyph stage (25) and i'm wondering what glyphs i should get specifically for leveling.

this is my warlock: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...qweffor/simple and my rotation is basically BoA -> corr -> UA -> repeat on next target for trash/soulburn searing pain on bosses if the tank can take it, then shadowbolt spam. refresh corr and UA below 3 seconds and let BoA fall off.

also, any other suggestions are always welcome.

Deleted
    Glyph of Corruption comes to mind, those instant SBs would be great when you kill quest mobs by the [DotDotRun]-technique and in dungeons, an instant sb can't hurt either, even if you don't have shadow embrace yet.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2011-05-22 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Corruption would be the best for that level as a Prime Glyph, along with maybe Haunt. Once you unlock Majors, I'd unlock Soul Swap, but you gotta have the talent by that time (don't know exact leveling stage of cata), if it doesnt work out go with glyph of healthstone. You'd sure love that. Then take Glyph of Drain Soul as a Minor, works cool aswell.

Deleted
    i unlock 1 each of prime-major-minor at 25, another triplet at 50 and another at 75.

i don't get haunt till 69, soul swap till 39 and i actually rarely use healthstones, even though i should.

You shouldn't refresh a dot under 3 seconds.. let it tick out

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FredMaHead View Post
    After 4.0.1 DoT's can't clip, meaning you shouldn't let them fall off (except Bane of Agony).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

corruption and UA mainly. glyph of haunt wont be necessary till u get the actual haunt at 69. obviously.

mainly aim for glyph of soulswap for majors.

I went with Corruption->left the slot open till 69 then Haunt->UA.That was mainly because I was too bored to go get some dusts (yeah,I know it's pathetic),ideally you should go corruption->UA,replace with Haunt at 69->UA.Do take Drain Soul immediately,it will help you tap less in instances and healers tend to like that.Its by far the most influential minor anyways.As for majors,start with Life tap and replace it with SoulSwap at 39.Reglyph Life Tap at 50 and at 75 either SB,Fear(5-man glyph,rarelly used while levelling at least in my case) or Soulstone (raiding glyph mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by FredMaHead View Post
    Oh wow, were you serious?

Couple of things here -- Because mobs will beat on you while soloing and cause pushback, you want to cast UA first before its even hitting you -- it also should be your hardest hitting dot? correct me if wrong.

UA->Corr->CoA

The UA glyph is almost entirely useless. This is because, altho the cast time is reduced .2 sec, the GCD portion trigger when you hit the button, is NOT reduced. Meaning your next spell isnt even .2 seconds faster. This is generally considered a pvp glyph.. but is one of the few good ones for affliction at max level raiding because theoretically it gets that dot up faster. While leveling.. there is NO point to it.

regarding the OP, Im not sure Searing pain spam is actually worth it? but perhaps ... thas just a little iffy.

Because you mention dungeons, a word on that; generally dont bother with CoA on any trash that wont live the full duration -- the exception to this is when you get soul swap, its then generally worth casting once so you can duplicate it.. but if your multidotting 4 targets, its not worth putting up on the other 2 unless they are going to live that long. Better to spend that GCD as part of a shadowbolt cast or drain life spam.

Good luck.