Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Decent games that dont require internet access

I am going to be in the desert for 12 mos. and was wondering if you guys could recommend a few decent action rpg games that dont require internet access to play. Thanks

Deleted
    Fable 1 but not 2 and 3.

Knights of the old republics are a lot of fun.

Dragon age, Mass effect, Oblivion, Fallout 3

Heres a list from gamestop of action rpg for all platforms

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?c...c&official=all

Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 are both great games. I'll also recommend The Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2011-05-22 at 03:01 PM.

Baldur's Gate 2 is a great action rpg and has a really long storyline.

Baldur's Gate 2 is pretty old. It was a super awesome game back when it was released, but isn't very good by todays standards.

The Mass Effect Series

The Assassin's Creed Series.

You'll thank me when you get back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    Baldur's Gate 2 is pretty old. It was a super awesome game back when it was released, but isn't very good by todays standards.
    By todays standards you mean, graphics, and might be too hard for current minds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassin's Creed is horrible. Gameplay sucks, being able to run around and ninja shit and NOT kill whoever you want sucks, I could go on.

Find something semi-mindless. Castlevania stuff is fun and pretty linear.
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RageasaurusRex View Post
    Assassin's Creed is horrible. Gameplay sucks, being able to run around and ninja shit and NOT kill whoever you want sucks, I could go on.

So... Your definition of fun in a game is to what extent you can kill innocent civilians?

To OP:
    If you have a good computer, i'd very much reccomend The Witcher 2 that was just released. Great game.

Deleted
    Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas

And

Age of Empires 3

MINECRAFT! Best 15 euro you can spend, bro! You can play single player as much as you want offline, and there are endless possibilities so you can build something awesome while you're away!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mass Effect series.

The Assassin's Creed series.

The Dragon Age series.

They should keep you occupied for quite a while.

Edit: I'd recommend not getting Oblivion because you won't have access to mods.
    Last edited by suttie; 2011-05-22 at 05:02 PM.

Little Big Adventure 2 is a pretty fun game as well. A couple of total wars(such as Rome and Medieval) should keep you occupied for a lot of time if you like that kind of games and most of the games mentioned above should give you infinite time of entertainment ^^

Start off with Bioware's best: Baldurs Gate - Baldurs Gate 2; Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2; Knights of the Old Republic and The Sith Lords; Mass Effect 1 and 2 (with all the DLC); Dragon Age 1 and 2;

Moving on to Blizzard's Diablo 1 and 2...

Oh, you can also check out Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption and Bloodlines (awesome games with unique universes)...

There are also the Fable games...

But I bet any of these games will get you hooked for months

edit: Keep in mind: some of these games might seem a bit old (they are in fact, erm, old) but they are some of the best in the genre and also represent timeless classics. Graphics won't matter once you get hooked on grinding items in Diablo!
    Last edited by Dragonshardz; 2011-05-22 at 05:08 PM.

Divinity 2 - The Dragon Knight Saga, Gothic 1 and 2, Risen, Two Worlds 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    lolwut

If you want to play the Baldur's Gate series, i'd recommend getting tons of mods for BG1, I started with BG2 and decided I wanted to know the whole story, so I played BG1 and I missed tons of stuffs they added with BG2. I still enjoyed the game, but its ALOT better when properly modded.

BG1+BG2+ Throne of Bhaal expansion should keep you busy, not to mention BG2 has (IMO) the BEST villain in a game, ever.

Google spellhold studios/ pocket plane group, they got tons of good mods there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RageasaurusRex View Post

You OBVIOUSLY never played more than 15mins of the series