Deleted

Help with UI mod packs and WTF's

Hi -

I tried getting some UI packs from Curse and I noticed that in order to get it configured to how it looks on the web-site a lot of people get hold of the author's WTF directory which would get copied into my own.

My problem is that I don't really know what needs to get copied over into my own directory because I'm a bit useless. Any help on how to actually get these configured nicely from people who have either downloaded said UI packs before or have compiled their own would be great.

Thanks,

EDIT: Posting on Mage forums since that's the class I re-rolled as and would like a UI that Mage players actually use properly.
    Last edited by mmoca0ac7856f5; 2011-05-22 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navssurtani View Post
    Hi -

I tried getting some UI packs from Curse and I noticed that in order to get it configured to how it looks on the web-site a lot of people get hold of the author's WTF directory which would get copied into my own.

My problem is that I don't really know what needs to get copied over into my own directory because I'm a bit useless. Any help on how to actually get these configured nicely from people who have either downloaded said UI packs before or have compiled their own would be great.

Thanks,

EDIT: Posting on Mage forums since that's the class I re-rolled as and would like a UI that Mage players actually use properly.
    Copying Data from someone elses WTF will only work on very few Addons. So either you get some sort of "complete" UI package
    or you configure it yourselves.

As to for having rerolled as a mage, I highly recommend to you the Addons

Mage Nuggets
    LivingBombTracker (if you play as Firemage)
    Gnosis
    SexyCooldowns
    ShadowedUnitFrames
    BigWigs+LittleWigs
    Skada
    Dominos

MageNuggets especially is the one I recommend the most for new mages.

How could you forget CombustionHelper?

Even if you hardly ever use Fire - it's worth having for those times that you do.

The author is also working on an Arcane add-on for easier mana management tools.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

15+ Year Old Account
    To reply more on the wtf foledr etc. You will get all teh addons in your "interface" however most authors dont want you to see all there toons names servers etc. THus when you DL the WTF if it is attached you will need to go in and rename some of the sub folders. Many authors will rename the folders to easy things like "Your realm name here" then inside that subfolder " your toons name here" etc.

You need to make sure that the folders are all named correctly tot he server and toon you want them to rflect. If you go to your

Programs/worldofwarcraft/ wtf folder go in and look around at what you have and you can see a clear indication of what it shoudl look like.

Learn from my fail however and make a copy of both your interfcae folder and wtf etc. Pklace them in a folder somewhere easy to get them back. Sometimes we dl packs dont liek them and want to go back...if you overwrite your orig with a pack one it can be a pain in the as starting from scratch and hte backup folders will help allot

Hope this helps!