Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cowboys..

At age 5 I watched my first football game.. Cowboys were dominating and I became a fan ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xblrecurrent View Post
    reapemd, honestly i see detroit and atlanta having legit shots at the SB next year. If you look at it, detroit now has a NASTY pair of dlinemen in Suh and now Fairley, couple that with van bosch and avril and you have a scary defensive front. I dont know alot about the secondary for the lions but ive heard they are decent enough. I feel is matthew stafford stays healthy he can be an elite quarterback especially with Calvin Johnson at the WR position and pettigrew at TE, they also have a above average RB in Jahvid Best who i think give him a season or 2 will really be a star. The Falcons obviously have a loaded offense with Matt Ryan, Tony Gonzales, Roddy White, Michael Turner, and now Julio Jones....i know almost nothing about the Falcons D besides John Abraham being a BEAST.
    Atlanta is kinda shaky, but you never know with football. I see them as contenders in the NFC, sure, but if they don't get there this year, they are boned next season after dumping all of those picks for Julio Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    I admire yours and Reapermds fan loyaly and optimism. But in 3 years Lions have(might be wrong) won 15 games, 1 road win and no division road games. I think just a 2011 winning season and maybe a contending for a wildcard spot would go far for the future of that team and fans. Dont think they are legit SB contenders. But it seems alot of those losses were not bad losses if there is such a thing.

But, the Lions are always my favorite underdog team and I am always cheering for them for some reason. Would love to see them do well. It would be the 'feel good' story of the NFL 2011 season. Never know, they might catch lightning in a bottle. Hope so.
    The Lions lost I believe it was 10 games last season, and six of those losses were by a TD or less. Two of said losses were to GB and Chicago with road games. If it weren't for the 'catch rule' they would've beaten Chicago in the first game. I see the Lions at the very least scrapping for a wild card spot next season. The Bears likely will falter to the Lions in the NFCN (Cutler cannot handle himself). The Lions are a legit team for possibly making runs like the Jets have as of late.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Lions fo' life. Grew up going to almost every home game at the Pontiac Silverdome...

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    I admire yours and Reapermds fan loyaly and optimism. But in 3 years Lions have(might be wrong) won 15 games, 1 road win and no division road games. I think just a 2011 winning season and maybe contending for a wildcard spot would go far for the future of that team and fans. Dont think they are legit SB contenders. But it seems alot of those losses were not bad losses if there is such a thing.

But, the Lions are always my favorite underdog team and I am always cheering for them for some reason. Would love to see them do well. It would be the 'feel good' story of the NFL 2011 season. Never know, they might catch lightning in a bottle. Hope so.
    Lol thanks for cheering for us. But yea as already said we went 6-10 last year. The lions also ended their losing streak in the division in week 14 against Green Bay they didn't have Aaron Rodgers though. And we beat Minnesota week 17. That and once this season finally gets started can't wait to watch that D-line.

Packers... I was born in Wisconsin so my family are Packers fans, growing up that was the only team I was allowed to cheer for. Now that I'm 24, living alone, and making my own decisions... I still love watching the Pack =)

I'd also like to add that even though they are division rivals, I love the Lion's also...

The Colts. Grew up in Indy so it was a fairly natural choice. And yes I started following them closely before Manning.

Yeah, i feel they have the talent to be a SB team in there but itll take a few years to get the chemistry and "game vision" required to win the big one.

---------- Post added 2011-05-26 at 07:40 AM ----------

seems like everyone loves the lions also lol! maybe its their colors? or maybe people want to see them rebuild after Millian left lmao...orrr they just get really close to upsetting alot? idk

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xblrecurrent View Post
    Yeah, i feel they have the talent to be a SB team in there but itll take a few years to get the chemistry and "game vision" required to win the big one.

---------- Post added 2011-05-26 at 07:40 AM ----------

seems like everyone loves the lions also lol! maybe its their colors? or maybe people want to see them rebuild after Millian left lmao...orrr they just get really close to upsetting alot? idk
    They are generally liked because,,,,,,,
    1. people like the underdog.
    2. people felt sorry for Lions fans during the Millen fiasco.
    3. Most of thier losses were always close.
    4. people feel sorry for people that have to live in Detroit.
    5. They are not the Cowboys.
    6. They dont have any Ocho's, Owens, Rothlesburgers, Romo, Douchbags types on the team. Very quiet.
    7. Favre never played for them.
    8. Most of all, sympathy for the long suffering Lions fans. I was a long time Pats/Rams and know what it is to endlessly lose then win big.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-05-26 at 09:44 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Jets.

Its what happens when you live about 10 minutes from New Meadowlands Stadium. You get accustomed to liking the home town team.

Last edited by Huntdanoobs; 2011-05-26 at 05:35 PM.

Patriots...I live in CT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been a Panther's fan as long as I can remember, although the 1-15 season we had early on just about killed me. Excited about a new coaching staff and overall approach to things, hopefully it will go good with a versatile Cam Newton at our disposal.

Colts, I'm from northern indiana

Ravens baby!

Started as the Brownies. Moved to Maryland in '95 for their first season in '96

New England Patriots all the way! Born and bred in Boston, MA been watching the Pats all my life. Can't remember exactly when it started, probably when I was around 5 or 6ish.

Colts. My grandfather and dad were colts fans before they moved away from Baltimore, I still like them, as well as the Ravens. (I live 15-20 mins from Lincoln Financial Field for the eagles...they're ok)

10+ Year Old Account
    i love the Bears, i watched a video of the history with ditka fell in love with the team ever since
    My mind escapes me.

Im a pretty diehard Oklahoma football fan, and i live in the bay area and am not a fan of either the 9ers or raiders.... so i hopped on the Sam Bradford bandwagon when he got the drafted by Rams, but since i've started to really like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im an Eagles fan. Im from the uk so when i saw the superbowl on a few years back (eagles v patriots superbowl i think) i was like woah whats all this about. Asked my dad he was like yeah its american football and the patriots are dominating it atm. So as my first team i picked philly because they wer underdogs, ever since then ive been an avid american football and philly fan. My fave mem was a few years ago when we needed to beat dallas to go to minnesota in wildcard weekend and we wiped the floor with the cowgirls 44-6. Was awesome.
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

New England Patriots. Was a fan before the Tom Brady era also.