Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    mammoth mining bag

that is all...
    That and maybe (for a short while until people get better gear) PvP gear

In my exp LW is useless only for money making, but it has nice wrist enchant and free leg enchant is you re melee class...
    I got all proffs maxed across alts, and best of crafting proffs to make gold is tailoring, then BS and then LW. I did sell many epics with tailoring, about 20 times more then with LW. Also, blue pvp gear can hardly be sold whether its mail or leather one, but cloth blue pvp gear is best thing i ever invested in so far. I would say i roughly sell 30 pieces of pvp cloth blue gear and in the same time i sell maybe 1 leather piece.
    Ok, LW has mining bag, but its profit margin isnt even close to tailoring pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    You're st*p*d, LW is awesome. Not only do you get awesome enchants for you bracers you get your 1k gold leg patch for free....

Your just not ressourcefull....And your translator either suck or you cant english.

[User was infracted for this post]
    lol. pot meet kettle.

Deleted
    LW is a fine prof. and it's like all the others, the only bad thing is for skinning where the mats from skinning are used mainly for LW and with few recipes at all other profs.

While mining gives it's mats for BS, JC, engineering and herbalism gives it's mats for alchemy and inscription.

I WISH i had a leatherworker as one of my toons, i could make a killing. Just an hour of research and you'd find more markets then you knew what to do with. Im at loathe to give away information to people who haven't at least made an attempt at finding it themselves but here i go anyway, this may inspire you to check for more markets.

Next patch, what is happening? New armor is coming out. Have you even looked at the mats for them? each of them req about 6 pristine hides. That shit is expensive and will only get more expensive. How does one aquire a pristine hide? 10 (might be 5) savage leather. Who can make savage leather out of scraps? LW. Is the price of 50 scraps usually less then that of a pristine hide? You bet your lazy arse it is.

Hers another one for free: PvP Leather/mail gear.

Enjoy

Edited to sound less like a doucher
    Last edited by Tangster; 2011-05-26 at 04:22 PM. Reason: de-douche-ified
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

idk, I loved making around 300k in less than a month casually with LW only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, comparing with tailoring and blacksmithing, leatherworking is the worst by far.
    You have one gathering profession that is only used for leatherworking, you get leg enchants for physical dps/tanks, while tailor makes them for casters, you get cheaper leg enchants, same goes for tailors, and you get bracer enchants which give the same benefits as every other profession but in an unique slot.
    You get the crafted gear, but all 3 get them so thats dumb to even discuss, but you offer gear to 4 kind of specs, blacksmiths offer to 3, and tailors to 2. Thats the real, and only, benefit of a leatherworker, broader market.

We used to have those sweet resistance bracer enchants, which were kind of unique and very strong, but they are gone.
    Used to have drums, gone.

As for the gathering, it could have easily been merged into one profession, as nothing else, nowdays (back in the day leather was useful for specific recipes from other professions), uses leather.

Mining is used by 3 other professions.
    Herbalism is used by 3 other professions.
    Tailors get their own cloth. Just like how leatherworking should be.

That and maybe (for a short while until people get better gear) PvP gear
    Maybe if they didnt pvp at all before 85 and want to start gearing for pvp as soon as they hit max level.
    Because the crafted pvp gear is crap and you can replace it within a day.

They gave LW 0 perks this expansion.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2011-05-26 at 04:43 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Start stocking up for 4.2, all of the crafting professions are going to jump up with all of the new stuff to be made. Lots of guilds are setting 4.2 as a point to make a big push or comeback

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Whaaa?! You clearly don't know how to use LW. I've made plenty of money with it and SAVED a lot of money with it. Also always nice to craft the gear you want on your own time not spamming trade waiting for someone else.

"Start stocking up for 4.2, all of the crafting professions are going to jump up with all of the new stuff to be made."

There will be lots of stuff to make, but stocking up is a mistake. Lots of people will be doing that, but leathers and other supplies will increasingly drop from the new mobs. As a result, there will be a glut on the market. Put some mats away, but don't go crazy.

I was at 510 LWing when i dropped it. I dropped it because I farmed leather for weeks on end and never once got a Pristine hide. LWing as a prof imo is trash.

I dont want to pay for pristine hides. I should be able to farm my own mats with sklinning.

10+ Year Old Account
    please dont QQ on skinning... skinning is awsome O_O

since 5 skinnins = 25 gold... while 5 ores = 7g? so wich one would u rather farm ^^? y exactly =O the skinns

so gogo skinners

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    I was at 510 LWing when i dropped it. I dropped it because I farmed leather for weeks on end and never once got a Pristine hide. LWing as a prof imo is trash.

I dont want to pay for pristine hides. I should be able to farm my own mats with sklinning.
    That's weird, I got lots of hides farming like 20 to 30 minutes per day at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    That's weird, I got lots of hides farming like 20 to 30 minutes per day at most.
    y but he means from the skinned mobs... not from the savage into heavy into pristine stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    Your just not ressourcefull....And your translator either suck or you cant english.

I came for the facepalm of the OP.... I stayed for this comedy gold.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think it would be cool to see the patterns each profession had in BC where you could upgrade the armor/weapons as you got through content. Upgradeable BoP crafted items and small sets like Lola's Eve and Charlotte's Ivy. that stuff was fun. Forged in the seething flames of hatred. Whats so bad about making small sets? they don't have to be uber blizz.