Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leatherworking next to useless!

from what i see, LW is probably the most useless primary profession. at least with tailor u can get all that cloth ur spammed with from killing to make things and BS u can get from people who mine. almost everyone mines. you get exp, people need it for BS, JC, and ENG.

"but why not skin?" you mean so only 1, yes just 1 profession can use it? "but you get leg enchants from it!" yeah, thats it. the epics are boe and thats not enough of a reason to spend over 2k gold or 6+ hrs trying to get all the mats for it. no ty

plain and simple, LW needs to be redone, or skinning needs to be more usefull/better!

my solution: require certain professions to need leather for patterns or allow LW bop armor

You're st*p*d, LW is awesome. Not only do you get awesome enchants for you bracers you get your 1k gold leg patch for free....

Yes, now the epic are worth squat, but i made over 70k gold at the start of cata with them. And with a little bit of imagination you can : skin -> trade for pristine hide -> sell pristine hides or make leg patch for other ppl.

Your just not ressourcefull....And your translator either suck or you cant english.

[User was infracted for this post]
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-05-23 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    Your just not ressourcefull....And your translator either suck or you cant english.
    Ohhhh the irony.

You're st*p*d, LW is awesome. Not only do you get awesome enchants for you bracers you get your 1k gold leg patch for free....

Yes, now the epic are worth squat, but i made over 70k gold at the start of cata with them. And with a little bit of imagination you can : skin -> trade for pristine hide -> sell pristine hides or make leg patch for other ppl.

Yeah buddy your english ain't too great either

I think there should be another profession that uses skinning however leatherworking lets you craft epics and gives you a prof enchant I don't see the problem.
    "More pewpew less QQ"

This post was merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike480537 View Post
    from what i see, LW is probably the most useless primary profession. at least with tailor u can get all that cloth ur spammed with from killing to make things and BS u can get from people who mine. almost everyone mines. you get exp, people need it for BS, JC, and ENG.

"but why not skin?" you mean so only 1, yes just 1 profession can use it? "but you get leg enchants from it!" yeah, thats it. the epics are boe and thats not enough of a reason to spend over 2k gold or 6+ hrs trying to get all the mats for it. no ty

plain and simple, LW needs to be redone, or skinning needs to be more usefull/better!

my solution: require certain professions to need leather for patterns or allow LW bop armor
    Hey buddy learn the prof before you talk about it, you got the awesome bracer enchant too. So you get next to free leg armor 130 or stat to wrist. I dont see that as useless at all. I can get the mats in about an hour for the boe epics also.

Well the leg armor is only useful if you are a melee class. Not helpful for those caster leather workers (except the bracer enchant which is comparable to other professions).

The Draconic Embossments are better than their enchanting equivalents. There are cheaper versions of the leg enchants out there.

Go skin spiders in TB if you're low on leather. They respawn faster than you'll be able to skin them.

LW is a great profession. Im still making a killing with these BoE epics. Tank some randoms >get some orbs > profit $$

10+ Year Old Account
    Leatherworking is fine, quit yer whining. Its not hard to make gold with it, farm leather, make heavy. Do epics, PvP gear, enchants or whatever and BAM, there you go.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Wouldent make epic boe's myself anymore. Doubt its worth it unless you got a buyere already. And PvP epics.. cant see why any would buy thoes, but it prolly sells to Mats abit exspensive vs the 200-400g you could sell em for.

Just like in WOTLK LW only gold income for me is the kits and leathers you make.

Deleted

Thank you so much for my updated signature!

Just go for Enchanting/Jewelcrafting and you're fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilsocks View Post
    Thank you so much for my updated signature!
    That makes two of us!

i like the LW "enchants" so to speak, for a tank that's a free 2k without having to mess about with gems etc, and aye it's really nice for selling the leg enchantments for a nice profit.

Oh and to those that are raging against Kripthmaul's "crap English" have you even thought that maybe, just MAYBE he's being sarcastic? that 1 line vs the rest of his post is a dead giveaway :P

Not sure if serious...

LW has one of the highest BOE profit margins of all professions. Buy 1500g in mats, add a few of your bajillion stockpiled orbs, flip it for 4k. And you get free wrist and leg enchants, both of which cost a fortune. It cost me so much to enchant my legs (1.5k) and bracers (4k) when those enchants were new that it would have been cheaper to just reroll leatherworking.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Ohhhh the irony.
    I lol'd

ten characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike480537 View Post
    require certain professions to need leather for patterns
    Used to be that way in vanilla, not quite sure when they moved away from it though.

Im sure everyone will agree, do you not love how stupid people are when posting about things they know next to nothing about. Not only is the starter of the thread probbably some dumb level 30, but he obviously doesn't raid even if he is level 85. Leatherworking = win. 130stat enchant and cheap leg enchants, and being able to make gear with chaos orbs for others = win. People are so fail.

Deleted
    I do see a trend on my server though. ALOT of people has stopped making any epics due to the 353 sets that was released people cannot be bothered to spend 4k gold for that extra bit of upgrade when they are get the equivalent chest from VPs the belts...well they still sell OK on my server BUT it is teetering off very fast. The AH is practically empty (apart from the odd flask, leg enchant, darkmoon card and gem) even Darkmoon card which use to sell for 20K on my server can easily be bought for 6-7K now. SO the question is arising with patch 4.2 looming, is profit making from LW dead in the water (yes you can still make gold from legs enchs but then you have to AH camp)? and where do you see LW (for that matter any other profession) making their profits from after patch 4.2

Regards,
    Last edited by mmocf1ab9bdbb4; 2011-05-24 at 04:43 PM.