Thread: Fellow locks

Fellow locks

Just a few questions...any and all help would be appreciated.

I'm pulling 13.5k destro and 11.5k affliction with my current gear.
    /us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarion-circle/marrat/simple

This isn't my main. I've done what askmrrobot and the warlock threads say here...but I feel like I'm falling behind when I dps heroics.

Do about 16k destro with buffs in a full guild group. Any suggestions?

I know I don't have the therazene enchants on this toon....So hit me up with some suggestions...and

THANK YOU ALL.

BTW wouldn't let me post a URL so sorry for the non quick link.

Always reading here first time posting.

Deleted
    without even looking at your gear, affliction favours the longer fight, which is prevalent in raids, but not so much so in Hcs. All warlock damage is exponential, but even more so as affliction.

on Trash, with 2-3 mobs, your DPS will be lacking, bosses again take 3-5 mins instead of 7-10, less ramp up time there, but gear is also a big part of it. A lot of people talking about huge numbers are in at least part Hc gear. Also, keep an eye on damage done rather than just DPS. Often as affliction in my raids, our arcane mage will have upwards of 30k DPS, but I hold steady at 22-24% damage done, it is the damage done that matters in the end (so long as the boss is going down).

Only a small issue with your gear. While you are right at the hit cap you should look at maxing out your haste a little better through reforging. (wrists for example) Also you can add hit to gear (like back, hands) so you can remove it from other pieces that don't already have haste on it (darkmoon trink). And your weapon, reforge the crit into hit, not the haste. Also matching your socket bonus in belt is not necessary, throw another 40 int in there. int>hit always and everyday.

Whenever I help other locks with their dps it's usually a rotation familiarity issue. Destro locks who can't manage their cd's to hit conflag on cd or affy locks who let haunt fall off are typical. Also gaps in casting for filler or clipping dots can hurt. Also with affy you want to multidot as much as possible (practice with 2-3 target dummies) I wouldn't run destro in fights with alot of movement and make sure when youre moving your spamming fel flame. Utilizing your portal is a huge dps gain as well.

When you mention heroics I'm assuming dungeon heroics? If thats the case Tchill is very right to say you won't see great affy numbers in fights that only last a few minutes. Your true test is in raids. Let that define if your dps is good or not. With your gear I'd say in raids 14-16k should be attainable consistently. Also investing is a good dot addon may help you out. I use buttontimers but there are many good ones out there.

If dps in heroics is important for you, get a 6% hit gear. Just reforge enough hit to haste/crit/mastery (in that order) and you'll see huge improvement.

Affliction shines on trash in heroic dungeons though, even if the boss fights don't last long enough to let you do good damage. Dot everything quickly, shadowflame, you're golden.