Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    It's like removing the wheels (links?) of your car every time you get home, just to put them back on when you have to leave again. It serves no more purpose than consuming and wasting your time. Besides, it's just stupid!
    No, it's like removing the wheels on your car so that you can now enjoy your new hover car, because you no longer need the wheels to drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, let me get this straight... they're getting rid of what is a still-useful feature right now, to "free up space" for an unspecified/vague idea that they might want to add later, at an equally unspecified time? Yeah, I'm totally sold on that; let's do it! ¬_¬

/facepalm, /headdesk

I am now thoroughly convinced this dev team has lost its touch/mind...

To use the always-famous car analogy, it's like a mechanic says to you (while your car is only in the shop for an alignment, or something equally innocuous, whatever; unimportant), "Yo, while we were at it, and even though you didn't ask for it, we totally got rid of your doors for you! Awesome, right?! No, no, check it out, we've got these really cool ideas of what we can replace them with! But the funny thing is, is that our guys can't figure it out while the original doors are still on the thing! <laughter> Huh? What are the ideas? Oh, sorry, no, we can't tell you what they are, but trust us, they're really cool! When will it be done? I have no idea... our guys like to work at their own pace -- sometimes, I've seen them go 4 months on a project only to scrap it all and start over again! <laughter> But don't worry, you'll really like what they come up with! No? Aw, come on man. You liked the job we did on your last car, didn't you??"
    "I drove over here in a Charger, and after your guys were done with it, I was driving home in a Neon..."
    "What, a Neon is still a great car!"
    "..."

Ahh, so they're deleting half the keys and shunting the rest of them sideways into our regular inventory. Man, that's what I call a well-thought-out solution to a complete non-issue.

Who exactly was so bothered by the key ring that they felt the need to waste dev time "fixing" it? Idiots...

15+ Year Old Account
    So.. I have 32 keys, but not a 32 slot bag. My bank is full of RP crap.

Blizzard really needed to think on players like me. I suffer from Virtual Hoarder Syndrome. I have all 22 slot bags in my bank full of crap, and my main bank area. I have 13 sets of armor in my bags at all times (lolrp), and I only have 4 free slots. And I have all 22/24 slot bags, minus the craptastic default 16 slot.

Thank you blizzard for mucking up my inventory.

Anyone else wonder if mind bottling was a typo or do people actually say that? I've only heard of mind boggling but maybe that's just me.

This change is fine. There's probably just one key I'll still have from what I have on my keyring and I'm not maxed out constantly on bag space as it is. Also, if this leads them in the future to update the tabard system like they did with badges of justice then all the better. Yes, remember when we had badges of justice in our bags! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    No, it's like removing the wheels on your car so that you can now enjoy your new hover car, because you no longer need the wheels to drive.
    Based on the Blue post, it's a lot more like removing the wheels from your car, just to make you carry them as you walk to work. You're looking at this as a gift from god when he's actually just trying to say "F*** you." Seriously, nothing in the blue post makes this sound beneficial to anyone in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    And if you read devposts and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Q&A's, you'd know that the UI devs have repeatedly said that the answer isn't bigger bags.

In terms of "more room," there's plenty of room in the UI in other places...character menu, to name one example. In terms of physical server-data space, I raise an eyebrow at the thought of keyrings taking up enough bytes to warrant it problematic. Especially since many keys aren't going anywhere...except from your keyring to your bags!

Points for implying that I didn't read the post, though. A tried and true tactic.
    You're not understanding how this works at face value.

The keyring is an infinitely expanding 'bag' on the server and in your UI. There is reserved space for every single key you may make or find. It takes up physical space on the server, and depending on your settings/UI, space in your interface.

The point is not to say that there is an infinite way to make space or something in the virtual UI space, the point is that on the server, space that is allotted per character on the server space for their keys takes up physical space that is reserved for keys because the keyring isn't something that is 'regulated' in terms of how many keys you have, but is regulated in the aspect of the amount of space they can provide to you based on what the server can handle.

If they take that infinite keyring expandable space and reallocate it towards tabards or extra bags, they can regulate the space better and allow for MORE interface features that take up server space, not specifically UI space, which is relatively infinite as you can hide/show/move anything you want with addons.

It's incredibly simple yet complex at the same time, simply because it is a server vs. UI matter.

I wasn't exactly stating that this could only lead to bigger bags, but specifically bag 'space'. As, if all your mounts, pets, tabards, and quest items were held in serverside UI interface features, you would essentially gain 'more' bagspace. The proof is obvious when you look at how much 'space' was 'gained' once mounts and pets were taken out of 'bags' and put into interface 'storage' features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should have a tab under the Professions, to see the used keys. Are we gonna have to keep the BC keys along?

15+ Year Old Account
    :O I'm in ur game takin ur keys!

Makes sense.. Blizz all but got rid of the usefulness of keys anyway.

Now.. updated models please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonious View Post
    They removed Keymaster patches ago, and didn't make it an FoS. Leads me to believe it will never happen sadly
    It won't.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    We’re unlikely to add a Keymaster feat. [...]We added the Keymaster achievement and then almost immediately decided to deemphasize the existence of keys in the game, and thus removed the achievement. Unfortunately it probably isn't even possible to track who had the older keys now.

Also, I feel that the removal of the keyring is asinine.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2011-05-23 at 06:43 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myah View Post
    It should have a tab under the Professions, to see the used keys. Are we gonna have to keep the BC keys along?
    BC Keys are still requires for the heroics, and we better keep them. If I have to throw up 10g per rep to get my heroic keys back I am going to Blizzard, and I am going to stab a UI Developer in the eye with his own love stick.

It is sad to hear that they are getting rid of the keyring.. I have tons of keys and it was nice to keep them in their own bag.. that and i never forgot them haha

Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    Based on the Blue post, it's a lot more like removing the wheels from your car, just to make you carry them as you walk to work. You're looking at this as a gift from god when he's actually just trying to say "F*** you." Seriously, nothing in the blue post makes this sound beneficial to anyone in any way.
    Here is the thing, you don't have to carry them. Keys are dead. They are no longer going to be used.

You want to get into an Outland Heroic? Walk into it.

You want to fight Malygos? Walk in and click the orb.

Frankly, I am not understanding how this is a difficult thing to grasp. If there are some keys put into your inventory, you can delete them. They will serve no purpose other then to be for you to link in trade chat.

Yes, not every key will be auto-deleted or sold back for money, some will probably stick around in other forms just because of the logistics of removing them from the database automatically is a pain. That is when you can take the time to delete them yourself and get back that precious bag space you need.

And yes, this is beneficial, the less database clog on "useless" items, the better.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whahaha... again such fools @ blizzard.
    They spend months thinking this over and this is the best they can come up with? Less bagspace... >.<

oh look, another future removed instead of making it more fun and special, another e-z way out woooo.

good now add a new tab to either hold tabards or quest items so they arnt taking up bag space.

Sadly, the one thing it does allude to me is that it only proves how incredibly crappy the coding is for wow if they actually need to remove this to free up resources for other storage things, which is pretty much what I read between the lines.

For those QQ'ing about having to carry BC heroic/kara/alg keys etc. Blizzard just responded saying those are no longer needed and removed. So the amount of keys you will ACTUALLY have will be minimal and something you probably no longer need. My guess is the only keys that will remain are old quest ones or BS for example.

It's not THAT big a deal so calm down.

"Key requirements are removed from the examples you gave, and should be for all other similar examples. Our intent is not to remove the Keyring and then throw a bunch of keys into your normal bags, so we're going through and making changes to more or less finalize the move away from using keys that began midway through Burning Crusade."

Too little too late, I haven't even used a key in forever

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Too little too late, I haven't even used a key in forever
    No? Just yesterday, I rescued Finkle Einhorn from his prison in BWD. What would I have done if I didn't have any room in my inventory? Poor fellow would've starved in there.
    I want to keep my keyring .