Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will 4.2 save WoW?

Many people would say (me included) that the initial end-game content in Cataclysm has been lackluster. However with the release of the Firelands and the Hyjal daily hub, Blizzard is trying to fix this. Will 4.2 be effective to make this expansion alot better?

Deleted
    Yes. Definetly!

Don't find Firelands any better from the raiding content so far by the things I saw on PTR,and don't understand why people didn't like the end-game content so far,it was pretty decent

i dunno, considering how easy people chewed through the content on the ptr...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    im unsubbing tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this will be what ICC was supposed to be.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is anything like the early Isle of Quel'Danas, i might enjoy it. Nonetheless it will be different from what we're having atm, i hope, which is always refreshing...

I'm just not happy at all with all these normal mode nerfings.. i mean, on 4.2 with the new gear, cata's 1st tier will be easy enough as it is....

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW does not need saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    WoW doesn't need to be saved.
    Yeah that's what I thought, lots of new fools replacing us veterans
    A lot of people will also return for 4.2, only to stop playing shortly after; either because they're so good that they can clear everything in HC, or that they're so bad that they wiped on normal and gave up.

Off-topic: I'm not playing, but I certainly wouldn't have quit in the first place if I had realm + faction changed to play with my friends, but most people have moved on so, meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious how the current tier was lackluster as I actually found it to be enjoyable.

I'm not sure how 4.2 could "save" WoW since they aren't really changing how the game operates in any way other then adding another tier.

Current raids are gettin the fatty nerf bat, current VP gear gettin downgraded to JP, new faction for higher ilvl rep epics, and 5 mans droppin epics. Startin to smell like wrath all over again.
    If 95% of the ppl you meet in WoW are retards, and the population of WoW is a random sampling of the ppl of the world, then it is my observation that the human race is doomed to derp itself to extinction.

10+ Year Old Account
    While i can understand that on the pvp side of the game, as long as there's enemies, theres combats to be fought, pve-wise the game has been losing its "je-ne-sais-quoi"... i'll try to stay away from the "blizz catering to ultra casuals" argument but damn it is hard (no pun intended...)

And while everyday loads of people leave the game and loads more join it, i believe that the majority refuses to leave not because the game is still the awesome mmorpg it can/could be, but because of their atachement to it, as in, money already paid for it, friends playing, etc...

This.

The next most popular MMO after WoW has roughly 10% of WoW's subscriber base. Even if WoW lost 600k subscribers six months from now on like clockwork, which it won't, it would still take almost ten years for it to drop to zero subscribers.

The point of the Chicken Little story isn't that the sky is falling. It's that the sky isn't falling, and the guy who kept saying that it was is a tool.

People are bored of the lack of content. The beginning of expansions lacks certain levels of content simply because new raids aren't out yet. Once content hits people will come back to play just like they always do and then they'll have more to do. That said this expansion has a ton to do but most people don't want to do quests that were re-done with the cataclysm because they're already level 85 and doing a level 25 or 45 or any level quest isn't really important to them.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a damsel in distress?

What made the end game content of Cataclysm lackluster? It was better than ICC by a fair margin.

If only they could un-do wrath, and add cataclysm in it's place..

That's my dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not played for 2 months, I'm still not going to be playing in 2 more months.

Does that help you?

No, of course it doesn't, but at least you know what I'll be doing.

Stupid thread :/
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Wow doesn't need to be saved, it was never and will never be in any danger. Please quit the game if you're going to.

WoW doesn't need saving. The players that are burned out just need to take a break and evaluate what's important to them, and not create an "I'm quitting" thread in the process.