Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reg Chim as Holy Priest

My guild is casual. We raid on weekends, doing BWD on saturdays and BOT on sundays. For the past weeks (think past 7-8 weeks) we always one shot the same bosses and always wipe on the same bosses.

BWD: always 1 shot magmaw, omnotron, maloriak, atremedes. Wipe on chim.
    BOT: always 1 shot halfus, dragons, council. Wipe on chogall.

Just gave this info so you guys kind of see where we stand but i just want input on Chim to make sure im doing it right:

1) In spread-out phase i stay in single target chakra so i can make use of holy word serenity to bring a player above 10k instantly. However, when its on cooldown what do i use? Just cast a Heal? Most of the times im afraid it will not be fast enough. I was also told to have renews rolling on every member im assigned to watch for but im not sure if this actually helps that much compared to the mana cost. No one ever dies in this phase so i guess its not a problem but just want to feel more comfortable doing it and not just hoping im able to bring everyone to 10k

2) When its time to stack i change to aoe chakra, keep CoH on cooldown, lay down a Sanctuary and spam PoH. In this phase its when it seems that shit hits the roof and we wipe. No idea why. But im just looking on how to improve myself.

Any input? Should i change anything im doing?

I understand many people say this fight is easy but we just keep wiping on it, if it was easy for us, i wouldnt have made this post.

Thanks!

Deleted
    During normal phase, (standard 3 healer fight) the 2 healers on the raid will have 1 person to heal each, every 5 seconds. Then massacre happens, and you need to heal 4 people each (assuming 3rd healer handling his 2 tanks by himself). After massacre you might need faster heals to get your assigned ppl up in time (iirc the time to next slime after massacre is 15 seconds, so plenty of time). You should pretty much be regenning unless you're helping out alot on the double attack soaker.

during Feud, you have 15 seconds before first slime hits after massacre. In this time you should easily be able to top them off (with 3 healers AoE healing). and you will prolly need about 30k extra healing after theyre topped. This will make them survive the end massacre, and you repeat everything all over again. Last phase, go smite crazy, shields on tanks can be good aswell as other CDs (Guardian, Pain Suppresion).

Are you doing 10 or 25? When healing 25 I use AoE chakra the entire time. Any time 2 or more members of my assigned group are hit I PoH + CoH. That brings everyone to 10k (and helps other healers out too if anyone in other groups happens to get a bit of the circle). Renew might do good numbers on your entire group but I can't see it actually helping get people over 10k unless the idea is to use 1 tick + PoH to get people to 10k.

If myself and one other person are hit, binding heal. Precast a PoH when you see Massacre casting so it lands just after.

As for Feud healing, assuming your raid is using all the raid cooldowns available (tranquility, spirit link, divine guardian, divine hymn to an extent, and so on), it sounds like other healers aren't putting out enough aoe healing to keep people high enough.

When I'm doing Chimeron I typcially use CoH and PoH constantly... really I think those are the only spells I use during that fight, works great since I'm always on Grp 2 healing and we stay in range of the PoH range I keep HW: Sanctuary up for the group up phase so I don't have to worry about switching, we seem to win most of the time unless we're training a new tank. BTW our healing set up is Hpriest, Rshaman, Hpally

Deleted
    I would like to say first off that discipline is probably stronger on this fight due to Barrier. But if you insist on holy I suggest you try to use Binding Heal if you and another get hit. Use Flash Heal or Serenity or GH if you want to single target heal. Do not roll renews, waste of mana to keep them up. You got plenty of time to regen mana after a massacre or whatever. Pre cast a PoH when a Massacre is incoming. Tell your raid to use Lightwell in Feuds.

I use Serenity Chakra, and use Holy Word: Serenity and Heal to top people off just fine -- If Heal falls a little short, I may toss a Renew up as well. If Massacre is coming up quickly, Flash Heal. If three people in my group are hit, Prayer of Healing. Rolling Renew seems excessive -- any healing you do over 10k at that point is a waste.

When Feud happens, Sanctuary Chakra. Make sure your raid is using cooldowns. My raid knows to click the heck of of Lightwell, and using other classes' CDs like Spirit Link Totem, Divine Guardian, or even a feral/balance Druid's Tranquility help tons. Your raid should be using personal CDs here, if they've got 'em. If you're using Divine Hymn, don't rely on its healing right away -- get a few ProH casts off first to get people up a bit. If you have a lock, coordinate mass use of health stones for one Feud if you're missing a CD, otherwise save 'em for right before the phase two push. I heal at that point with lots of ProH, and CoH/ProM on CD.

Not to stir a haste vs. mastery debate, but my personal opinion is that haste is absolutely king on Chimaeron, so if you normally favor mastery, think about getting some haste offpieces and/or eating some haste food -- this is one fight where faster casts save lives.

I run this in 10 man as Holy, personally I stand in the middle of the room just in front of Chims face (before hes engaged) and have all our range spread out around me. Im assiged all of grp 2 to heal (they are all ranged). The entire fight I do it in Sanctuary Chakra and just bounce PoH off myself. Even if only one person is hit. I find with our mastery that just one PoH is enought to bump them over the 10k limit. Having said that when we first started it i sometimes had to pop CoH aswell (or even a talented instant heal renew) to get em over the mark. Doing it this way though its important to only use PoH when you need to. The entire time I am precasting and then hit jump or strafe just before it ends to inturupt it if no one needs the healing. Helps save mana.

Once fued starts nothing much changes, I just spam PoH/CoH. My guild knows about light well but we also run with 3 druids so we have tranq to help us out.
    Last edited by Serraphis; 2011-05-23 at 11:11 PM.

I run this in 10 man as Disc, personally I stand in the middle of the room just in front of Chims face (before hes engaged) and have all our grp 2 spread out around me. 1 hit use f. heal/g. heal 28%mana/27%mana, 2 hit use 2 flash heal, me and other use binding heal. Set focus on Chimaeron and when I see ~1.5 left to land massacre precast prayer of healing and then cast again. I save power infusion, barrier, hymn for feud.

10+ Year Old Account
    During the non-feud phases I'm in Serenity as well, but I don't use Heal as my other spell, I mainly use Flash Heal. You won't go oom because of this, since there isn't anything else to spend your mana on.
    During Feud I enter Sanctuary, put down a Sanctuary and alternate PoHs on both groups mixed with CoH. We usually have 2 druids, so they use Tranquility one two feuds, and I use Divine Hymn on another. We also yell at our raiders to click the Lightwell.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    The best question to as you is this:

You say you wipe on stack phases. What is the reasoning? Is a tank dying? or the other raid members?

Here is what I do, formally for normal, and then for HM. I'm holy, I've not tried disc for this, but since you are holy, I hope this helps. I am in Chakra: Serenity. This is perfect, because just using Holy Word will take a person to 10k. One Flash heal will work too. If that is all you are casting aside from a renew and PoM on the tank, your mana should not be a huge issue. Pop your pet early so it's up again to help dps in p2. I recommend adding the debuff "low health" to your grid or raid frames. Using renew, PoH all just wasted heals and mana. I only use PoH on a group if it is 25man and more than 2 people get "low health". Of course, when massacre happens, a PoH will get the group up to 10k. It's also a good idea to get into Chakra: Sanc before the stack phase begins (just before it is fine) so you can immediately get a sanc down for the group. Having a Lightwell up prior to stack is good to, so people can click while running in. Remind them that they can also click while hard casting :P If you are scared that a tank is going to die due to some terrible break mishap GS them. These are just things that I have found helpful as we learned Chim.

This heavily depends on several things ppl stacking well or not for one and 2 are you topping them off and wiping?

considerably healing on chim is easy even in heroic. Dont ever go serenity chakra is turrible.

Between spits you have enough time to eat a chip target the 1hp player cast a normal heal on him and then eat another chip b4 another spit. Break tank healer has 5 seconds between each possible chimaeron melee making this fight easily 2 healable in 10m. However if your undergeared and your heal doesnt hit for 10k then you will need to flash em which should easily be 12k always.

Chim is actually quite simple to heal in nhc. Just make sure you only pack 1 tank (for double strikes), have someone with a taunt in dd specc tank the break stacks, and then nuke him into p2 very fast.

To heal someone to 10k is really easy just using heal, since your mastery WILL bring them >10k. After massacers that DON'T knock down the bot you can simply use CoH to bring up to 6 people very close to 10k, if not above it. You could also try to precast PoH.
    For the stacking phase - This is actually rather easy as holy, just make sure you use divine hymn on the last stacking phase before phase 2.

Deleted
    You say you only have problems in fued, are you use all healing CD's you got?

we do a feral tranq on first, resto tranq second, all use healthstones third and save my hym for transition. stops the risk of anyone getting killed on the first slime thingy

I usually renew the tank before fued and pom him as im moving into the middle, i think our resto druid has lifeblooms on him and the holy pala is able to handle the rest
    Last edited by mmocbd4889aa48; 2011-05-24 at 12:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest you stay in AE Chakra all the time. During spread out phase you can simply hit CoH when the slime hits, which is usually enough. If not follow it with a flash heal to stack a serendipity to have a faster PoH ready if necessary.

If you have troubles in the feud phase, time your healers big AE CDs for each feud. If you have a shadow or a moonkin they can help out with that. Divine guardian is also very good for feud and the warriors raid-laststand too.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    During the non-feud phases I'm in Serenity as well, but I don't use Heal as my other spell, I mainly use Flash Heal. You won't go oom because of this, since there isn't anything else to spend your mana on.
    During Feud I enter Sanctuary, put down a Sanctuary and alternate PoHs on both groups mixed with CoH. We usually have 2 druids, so they use Tranquility one two feuds, and I use Divine Hymn on another. We also yell at our raiders to click the Lightwell.
    ^^ This. A lot of people are advocating a lot of heal/poh/coh/renew combinations. If you look at the math, heal+coh has a very similar mana cost to 1 flash heal. Others are saying that one heal + echoes will get them up, however you only have 5 seconds before they're potentially hit again, and for me heal isn't quite enough. (or wasn't when we first started downing chim, I haven't checked it recently). As for using prayer of healing, flash heal uses less mana and will top up the person that you're supposed to be healing, while not wasting heals on the other 4 people it will hit. Anything over 10K is wasted. Rolling renews is not something I would recommend.

For surviving the feud phase, make sure everyone is stacked up. drop pom, coh, alternate poh between groups 1 and 2 to get the most use out of your glyph, drop holy word:sanctuary. Make the best use of your raid cooldowns.

We do Chim with 0 tanks. A Ret paladin "tanks" him the whole time with Righteous Fury on. I just cast PoM on him every double strike which guarantees he will not die (the PoM procs on the first hit and always heals him more than 10k such that the second hit cannot kill him). While I ensure the "tank" stays alive, the other healers deal with caustic slime victims. For Feud, my lightwell is up for the first one, then I use Divine Hymn on the second, and if there's a third my lightwell is up again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I just stay in Sanctuary Chakra and use flash heal for slime healing. It's fast enough that u can get 2 in and a GH per slime cycle if enough of your group is hit and it only takes 1 cast. Something you can't guarantee with heal.

Granted this all requires you having enough regen to manage flash healing more than usual.

---------- Post added 2011-05-26 at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Denae View Post
    We do Chim with 0 tanks. A Ret paladin "tanks" him the whole time with Righteous Fury on. I just cast PoM on him every double strike which guarantees he will not die (the PoM procs on the first hit and always heals him more than 10k such that the second hit cannot kill him). While I ensure the "tank" stays alive, the other healers deal with caustic slime victims. For Feud, my lightwell is up for the first one, then I use Divine Hymn on the second, and if there's a third my lightwell is up again.

Don't see how that would work given break is reducing healing done on your paladin and PoM doesn't always heal above 10K.

Quote Originally Posted by kiurys View Post
    My guild is casual. We raid on weekends, doing BWD on saturdays and BOT on sundays. For the past weeks (think past 7-8 weeks) we always one shot the same bosses and always wipe on the same bosses.

BWD: always 1 shot magmaw, omnotron, maloriak, atremedes. Wipe on chim.
    BOT: always 1 shot halfus, dragons, council. Wipe on chogall.

Just gave this info so you guys kind of see where we stand but i just want input on Chim to make sure im doing it right:

1) In spread-out phase i stay in single target chakra so i can make use of holy word serenity to bring a player above 10k instantly. However, when its on cooldown what do i use? Just cast a Heal? Most of the times im afraid it will not be fast enough. I was also told to have renews rolling on every member im assigned to watch for but im not sure if this actually helps that much compared to the mana cost. No one ever dies in this phase so i guess its not a problem but just want to feel more comfortable doing it and not just hoping im able to bring everyone to 10k

2) When its time to stack i change to aoe chakra, keep CoH on cooldown, lay down a Sanctuary and spam PoH. In this phase its when it seems that shit hits the roof and we wipe. No idea why. But im just looking on how to improve myself.

Any input? Should i change anything im doing?

I understand many people say this fight is easy but we just keep wiping on it, if it was easy for us, i wouldnt have made this post.

Thanks!
    The way I do it is circle of healing or prayer of healing. I'm assigned to the raid, the other healers are on the tanks. Usually a single CoH or PoH will be enough to bring everyone in that player's group above 10K health. I also stay in the AOE heal chakra for this.

Then during feud, I lay down the Holy Word, use Circle of healing on CD...and sit there. Yes. I don't constantly heal. We run with a resto shammy and a resto druid, so that's 3 different aoe ground base healing spells going on at once. You'd be surprised how effective that is.

This might not be viable for you though, it depends on your spellpower and mana regen. In other words, your gear

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Don't see how that would work given break is reducing healing done on your paladin and PoM doesn't always heal above 10K.
    It's a common misconception since tankspot gets it wrong in their video, but Break reduces the healing the target does themselves, not the healing done to them.

In fact, here's a video of it working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyw_lTbeAfY
    I help out a lot with the caustic slime victims in that kill as well, since we had a healer who had never done the fight before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feel like im the only sap who maintains a healing rotation here..

Done the fight only 4 times on my Holy Priest ( Alt, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/wuv/advanced ) and each time I have had a full group to heal (Tank Healer and the 2 Tanks, plus Locks keep themselves up) - I simply just roll renews with Serenity up refreshing them with heal and CoH as required, I keep Word off CD and keep an eye on the timer for slime just incase but dont think I ever had an oh shit moment with this.. Macro'd PoM on Chims target just using everytime off CD.

Just note this fight can vary a fair bit depending what your partner healer is. In my cases I healed this with a Paladin x 3 and Druid once.