15% buff and dps

I was wondering what do you guys think is being in a random with the 15% buff giving you better dps than being raid buffed? I seriously think raid buffs are much better than the 15% buff but idk what do you guys think?

Deleted
    Raids buffs are better. 15% is just a flat 15% in damage/healing. Raid buffs are Crit/Haste/Stats etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Raids buffs are better. 15% is just a flat 15% in damage/healing. Raid buffs are Crit/Haste/Stats etc.
    Thats what I say but I was doing some randoms with friends and said this and they said the 15% is better

10+ Year Old Account
    15% dmg increase is miles better in mathematical terms than a 5% stats increase and some combat rating modifiers (haste/crit), in full 359 gear itemised correctly the 15% dungeon buff works out as roughly 3-3.2k dps increase, raid buffs don't come cloes to this figure, so hope that answers ur question.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's to combat the fact that there is virtually no communication in PUGs. It's not needed in raids, considering the attention and balanced raids get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. Given that even a random setup might grant you a few of the raid buffs I think it's more of a matter of dedication in raids. If you use flask and food in heroics the potential outcome will probably be larger. Random HC fight mechanics are just so random that you wouldn't be able to compare it to raid damage at any time

Flat 15% damage buff VS.

Casters
    3% damage (ret/arcane/BM)
    5% spell haste (boomkin/SP/shaman)
    10% spell damage (elesham/demolock)
    5% spell crit DEBUFF (fire mage/warlock)
    8% spell damage + reduced resistances DEBUFF (warlock/boomkin/assassin rogue)

Melee
    10% melee haste (frost DK/surv hunter/shaman)
    4% physical damage increase DEBUFF (frost DK/arms war/ravager hunter pet)
    10% increase AP (blessing of might/marks hunter/enh sham)
    12% decreased armor DEBUFF (warrior/druid/rogue)

I would say full raid buffs are superior to 15% flat damage

Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    Depends. Given that even a random setup might grant you a few of the raid buffs I think it's more of a matter of dedication in raids. If you use flask and food in heroics the potential outcome will probably be larger. Random HC fight mechanics are just so random that you wouldn't be able to compare it to raid damage at any time
    Yea this is what I was talking about I qued up and the comp was 2 shadow priests a disc priest a war tank and a sham I had nothing but self buffs I just think that raid buffs are so much better

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    15% dmg increase is miles better in mathematical terms than a 5% stats increase and some combat rating modifiers (haste/crit), in full 359 gear itemised correctly the 15% dungeon buff works out as roughly 3-3.2k dps increase, raid buffs don't come cloes to this figure, so hope that answers ur question.
    True, but that is only in mathematical terms for an optimal situation, which tbh is hardly ever the case.
    If you compare it to a dungeon situation with the avarage player there, then 15% really doesn't bring that much, and I would argue that buffs and debuffs would do more for such a player as they are not performing at the skill level where the 15% really start to shine.
    Simply put, the worse you normaly do unbuffed the less that 15% damage buff matters and the more the buffs would over take it.

But I don't see a reason to compare them more than for a theoretical discussion. You don't have the 15% buff in raids where you are buffed to the maximum and targets have all debuffs. And while you have the 15% buff in dungeons, you don't have all buffs and debuffs.

What 15% buff are you talking about? am I missing something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    What 15% buff are you talking about? am I missing something
    Random 5man groupup buffs.

And Raid is better.

Raid is better? Please explain I already know about the dungeon finder buffs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    Flat 15% damage buff VS.

Casters
    5% spell haste (boomkin/SP/shaman)
    10% spell damage (elesham/demolock)
    5% spell crit DEBUFF (fire mage/warlock)
    8% spell damage + reduced resistances DEBUFF (warlock/boomkin/assassin rogue)

Melee
    10% melee haste (frost DK/surv hunter/shaman)
    4% physical damage increase DEBUFF (frost DK/arms war/ravager hunter pet)
    10% increase AP (blessing of might/marks hunter/enh sham)
    12% decreased armor DEBUFF (warrior/druid/rogue)

I would say full raid buffs are superior to 15% flat damage
    Then again the 15% stacks with any of those raid buffs and you likely have atleast some of them present.

Quote Originally Posted by LucKStrucK View Post
    I was wondering what do you guys think is being in a random with the 15% buff giving you better dps than being raid buffed? I seriously think raid buffs are much better than the 15% buff but idk what do you guys think?
    What's better is a group with this set up.

Druid Tank
    Demonology Warlock
    Moonkin
    Arcane Mage
    Paladin Heals.

Every caster buff + 15% damage. :P

raid buffs are better if they are carefully selected as shown above. if u bring say 6 warriors 2 tanks and 2 heals to a raid that wont make much for raid buffs anyway.

U people are acting like people are standing in dungeons alone with 15% buff which is stupid assumption

15% + group buffs is better than raid buffs