10+ Year Old Account

First Time Bear Tank for Raid

Going to be Raiding tonight with my guild on my Bear
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hpack/advanced

Mainly want some feed back on the Stats and Gems.

Are my stats good and ready for a new Tank going into raids am i gemmed correctly
    Any feed back would be awsome

Dodge in bear with Mark is about 35 percent crit is at 32 percent health is around 145k
    thanks

75 stam on your chest would be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    going to be getting the stats to chest one havent done it yet bc im In class atm

Deleted
    Aim for a bit more stam gems, Stack your mastery to 20 points (+ 72 % absorb). Dodge is nice but it has DI so aim for 32% in bear (that what i did)

aswell specc for brutal impact, lose a point in stampelde and perservence, caus you will need your skull bash at some fights

Cheers
    Last edited by mmocffb391c945; 2011-05-24 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemrus View Post
    Aim for a bit more stam gems, Stack your mastery to 20 points (+ 72 % absorb). Dodge is nice but it has DI so aim for 32% in bear (that what i did)

aswell specc for brutal impact, lose a point in stampelde and perservence, caus you will need your skull bash at some fights

Cheers
    Please don't do this. If you want to get Brutal Impact, take both points out Stampede, since haste is pretty dire for bears at the moment and it works out to be 2 extra auto attacks while the buff is up, so you aren't losing much threat. Not enough to notice anyway

You do not need any more stam gems at all, you have around the same health as i do unbuffed in caster form and i have tanked everything on normal.

You are looking pretty decent, be sure to be on the look out for mastery/crit pieces and reforge the crit, never mastery.
    Good luck

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemrus View Post

Cheers
    holy bad advice batman

Do NOT aim for more stam gems. If you're doing heroic raids then and only then may you want to consider this, but even then it depends on your raid & healers.

Do NOT stack your mastery. Do not gem for it, do not enchant for it and especially do NOT reforge for it. Try to get lots gear with mastery on it instead.

Dodge is NOT nice, its freaking awesome. Reforge everything thats not mastery to dodge and stack agility for more and more dodge ! This "32% DI crap" does not exist.

The correct tank spec has both 3 points in perservence and 2 in brutal impact.
    Last edited by rated; 2011-05-24 at 02:22 PM.

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    holy bad advice batman

Do NOT aim for more stam gems. If you're doing heroic raids then and only then may you want to consider this, but even then it depends on your raid & healers.

Do NOT stack your mastery. Do not gem for it, do not enchant for it and especially do NOT reforge for it. Try to get lots gear with mastery on it instead.

Dodge is NOT nice, its freaking awesome. Reforge everything thats not mastery to dodge and stack agility for more and more dodge ! This "32% DI crap" does not exist.

The correct tank spec has both 3 points in perservence and 2 in brutal impact.
    I can't check your armory because of maintenace, but I agree with what this guy's saying.
    Agility on gems. Reforges to dodge.