Deleted

Ignore user isn't so ignoring.

Sure it gets the job done... kinda.

But still I think that if user gets ignored, it should also mean that he or she really is ignored.
    Right now we can view the post and the ignored person can still quote and reply to your posts.
    This needs some changes.

Also I think the ignored post notification is a bit "unfinished".
    Simple "message hidden - user is in your ignore list" would do the job fine.

Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Sure it gets the job done... kinda.

But still I think that if user gets ignored, it should also mean that he or she really is ignored.
    Right now we can view the post and the ignored person can still quote and reply to your posts.
    This needs some changes.

Also I think the ignored post notification is a bit "unfinished".
    Simple "message hidden - user is in your ignore list" would do the job fine.

Something like that.

Ignore means that you don't want to hear what someone else has to say. That doesn't give you the right to mute them. They will always be able to see your replies and reply to them. Just because you don't want to hear what someone else has to say doesn't mean you have the right to censor them.

That is always a risk with any ignore system. You are losing out on part of the conversation, but that is the risk you take when you want to completely ignore someone. The conversation continues even if you aren't there.

I could understand perhaps an option to hide all messages by an ignored user instead of the stub that lets you know that content is being blocked, but if I read you right you want the option to also have your messages hidden from them so they can't reply which I don't agree with.