Thread: Holy Priest

Deleted

Holy Priest

I dinged 85 yeasterday so i sat down now and tried to make a gearlist so i know what to farm and not to get. To make it easier for me whilst gearing my little baby out.

http://www.chardev.org/?profile=132841

That is the gear i came up with but i didnt reach the 12.5% haste cap for the extra renew tick.
    Does anyone got any suggestions in what i can change so i get that and a decent mastery for my echo of healing?
    I want to be ready for raiding asap but i got all the time for farming it

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    If you choose to go for the 12.5%, it's 12.5% with raid buffs. Some classes give a 5% haste buff, and you can get up to 3% from Darkness if you spec into it.

You could actually forge out a lot of that haste into mastery. And also gem your trinket.

Deleted
    yeah you didnt setup a talent tree I think but a default tree like so: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfhrrRzrkczoVZ0q
    has 4 points available you can distribute about as free as you like, personaly I would go 3/1 or 2/2 in Darkness/veiled Shadows

The 12.5% for the extra renew tick is far from a holy grail (pun intended), but assuming you have atleast 2 points in darkness, you only need 10.3% haste on your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the start of Cataclysm someone made a pre-raid best in slot list. Maybe it can be of some help.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take the link that Ynna gave you. It was extremely helpful for me but don't be afraid to use your head. There are some pieces which I would considered better than those. ex: The off-hand from the JP vendor.

Have fun!
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

What I'd suggest to you, especially as a fresh 85 priest, do not go all out haste. You first need the gear/spirit to support that, which you don't have. Rather go for mastery (Hyjal belt for instance). And try to get some of the socket bonuses (in your belt, there's a 10 int bonus, which wouldn't be too bad to get, even though you'd in the end sacrifice 10 int to get it, but you'd still get 20 in another useful stat).

Deleted
    Hm.. i dont know if i should go for the 12.5% haste tick since i am new to healing on my priest. Then i need to run 5 mans etc to get used to it. Yea i know its raidbuffed but with getting 12.5% haste cap into dungeons and maybe some bh runs will help me out i think and it is mostly safe to get it from the gear.

I know there is a bis preraid gear list but with new stuff/cheaper to obtain now i changed some stuff.
    And i am allways makeing my own preraid gearlist to help me with gearing.
    But when i am a newly priestie i reach out to the priestess here since i know you know more about this than me.

I am thinking of changeing the gloves in that chardev to the epic haste/mastery one from rep and the legs i take the tailoring one with crit/haste and reforge the crit. But i dont know how that would work out.
    I hope someone can help me solve my thoughts in my head and i dont know which specc to go for either. I mean which holy specc that is best used for a healing noobie like me.

I am so greatful for all the advices and help i can get

Deleted
    don't focus on 12.5% now...first of all you need spirit and don't run out of mana...in 5 mans most time you'll be in serenity chakra so you can refresh renew with direct heals and you don't need extra tick because on AOE dmg PoH is better...

than you can buy BoE gloves http://www.wowhead.com/item=67146 or just buy that haste/mastery for rep and reforge on of stats to spirit
    if you want you can buy DMC: Tsunami it's one of best trinkets for priests

Deleted
    Check out askmrrobot.com to get an idea of what pieces you should be aiming for and where to get them.

Forget all about the 12.5% haste 'cap' for the extra renew tick. It's massively overrated.
    Haste is what you stack to increase your overall throughput. Mastery is what you stack to increase your efficiency from mana spent. Spirit is what you need when starting out, especially in pug heroics with people who don't know what they're doing or are undergeared. Most the time you're in heroics, you'll be using Serenity Chakra, rolling Renews in average damage taken phases and PoH for group wide damage. Use lightwell :>

Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou View Post
    Forget all about the 12.5% haste 'cap' for the extra renew tick. It's massively overrated.
    Haste is what you stack to increase your overall throughput. Mastery is what you stack to increase your efficiency from mana spent. Spirit is what you need when starting out, especially in pug heroics with people who don't know what they're doing or are undergeared. Most the time you're in heroics, you'll be using Serenity Chakra, rolling Renews in average damage taken phases and PoH for group wide damage. Use lightwell :>
    That's some pretty solid advice
    Looks like people still know what's going on around here :P