Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So quick summary here:

The real Hardcore players have already downed most of the heroic stuff, so they don't care about it, and they'll be doing firelands..

The casual players are happy, because they can see the whole content, which is nice because they can't now for various reasons..

Who are those people that are whining then? Casual elitists..

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    why can't people see they did this with ICC.... its not new... its not that they lost subscribers..... with icc they gave us a buff that increased the players damage health mana healing up 30%.... instead of being able to turn it off to grief people that needed it... they just decreased everything 20%.

Its been done years before ICC buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really, really hope these changes don't apply to heroic. I've done everything but one boss so far, and I was going to be pretty damn proud of myself to do everything pre nerf considering the massive clusterfuck-drama-random-ragequits my guild went through

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perished View Post
    Blizzard is trying to avoid what they did in BC, which I somewhat liked. Remember? You couldnt do BT in Tier 4 lol. Guilds had to work their way up to the current content. What blizzard is doing here is they are just making that process easier for guilds that start after Firelands is released so they dont spend the next 5 months to get into Firelands, which by that time Firelands would be outdated.
    Why does it matter if Firelands is outdated or not when scrubs manage to clear T11 content? Imo, they shouldn't be able to waltz into Firelands either. This is where the problems start, why do Blizzard insist of having hardcore raiders, casuals, scrubs and baddies do the same content at the same time? It is not necessary.

Catering for nubs is Blizzards new MO, it's not for casuals anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deep Freeze and Ring of Frost will now cause diminishing returns for each other.

This makes me a happy rogue.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at people QQ over this,

last teir getting nerfed oh noes, just do firelands and stfu imo

has always been like this and always will be

So Blizzard lose 600k subscribers, and says the playerbase is clearing the content to quickly and because of that they want to release more content.
    What happens?
    They nerf the content.

Contradiction, Blizzard seriously? This is counter-productive

They should just add some kind of zonewide activation buff to players, or debuff to bosses in there. Make it like some NPC to talk to to make the raid easier, and if they beat the raid with the NPC debuff/buff on they get all the loot but no bragging rights/acheivements, it would be a better fix than just nerfsticking it all together i think, it would give the players who did it as content more of something to show rather than a timestamp on their acheivement, and it would give the people who are behind and killing it when its not progression the loot they need to progress into the current tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ncs View Post
    Imo, they shouldn't be able to waltz into Firelands either.
    They can waltz in. They just can't waltz out.

I wish Blizzard would stop nerf-batting old content because it basically makes going back to it pointless. If the bosses were still a challenge people could still have fun learning the fight, but now it's disposable trash content.

They did this with ToC by making all Ulduar gear completely useless and we were stuck with 5 failbad bosses for more than half a year.

I can also see why they nerf the raids. They often do so when new raids are released. I can however not understand why the heroic modes were nerfed as well. But ah well, who cares, hopefully our guild won't need to go back to this content at all once Firelands hit. Depends a bit on how they intend to do the legendary chain.

This will make farming East Wind drakes so easy for my alts.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcysuEIqus

Last Azeroth Daily by TB, I think people should watch it and see his arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I can also see why they nerf the raids. They often do so when new raids are released. I can however not understand why the heroic modes were nerfed as well. But ah well, who cares, hopefully our guild won't need to go back to this content at all once Firelands hit. Depends a bit on how they intend to do the legendary chain.
    They didn't nerf heroic modes. Read the damn blue posts!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    With the upcoming content patch, 10 and 25-person Normal mode raid encounters will be receiving a comprehensive set of tuning adjustments to decrease their difficulty.

These changes will allow players, groups, and guilds who have yet to experience the content in Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the Four Winds an opportunity to do so.

With the addition of a new tier of armour and weapons, we want to make the previous tier more accessible and so we are making item level 359 gear purchasable for Justice points in the upcoming content patch.

Read the updated patch notes here to see the current list of changes:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2251127#blog

Please note that all adjustments are subject to change based on the current 4.2 testing on the PTR.
    Source is here: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...updates-for-42

This is great news. Now my guild will be better able to finish up the rest of 10 man normal stuff we haven't beaten by the time 4.2 hits. We're currently only at 4/12 normal. Those Firelands raids look pretty hard, so we''ll need the gear from the current content before we can start on the new stuff. I still have 4 lvl 346 pieces myself, including both of my weapons and don't have any set bonuses. The bonuses are bad anyway though. I can get the chest from Omnitron and it's better than my T11 one even with gaining the 2 pc bonus.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2011-05-24 at 11:23 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Well what would you call a 20% damage/health nerf of all encounters if not catering to casuals?

Catering to alts

Catering to people who for some reason didn't get a chance to raid the first tier of content (Some people don't raid 24/7 like you do and take leaves for months at a time)

Catering to new players who want to quickly get into the new content of raiding

Catering to Blizzard's hope for everyone to see the BRAND NEW content without having to spend months farming beforehand.

Some of the people here just baffle me..../facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    So Blizzard lose 600k subscribers, and says the playerbase is clearing the content to quickly and because of that they want to release more content.
    What happens?
    They nerf the content.

Contradiction, Blizzard seriously? This is counter-productive
    I never saw any place where they said people were clearing the content too quickly. They clearly said that they had delayed 4.2 and the Firelands because not enough people had cleared the current things.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Not unexpected. They want Firelands to be the new focus and the faster people can gear up from old content the faster they can get in there. Old content is old content, if you haven't had your fair share of attempts/downing/farming by now, then tough luck.

How dare we have more then one raid at a time i mean what are they thinking just look about cata started it was bad good thing they are only going back to 1 raid with only 7 bosses in it. Cause who want's to do more then one dungeons for the next 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    I wish Blizzard would stop nerf-batting old content because it basically makes going back to it pointless. If the bosses were still a challenge people could still have fun learning the fight, but now it's disposable trash content.

They did this with ToC by making all Ulduar gear completely useless and we were stuck with 5 failbad bosses for more than half a year.
    With or without the nerfs its still not gonna be challenging when you over gear it by a ton.