Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    Yeah sorry, i missed the huge post on the front page stating that Firelands comes tomorrow...oh wait, there's not even a date for the next content patch. Must be tough to be you...
    Reading comprehension is hard.

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 09:37 PM ----------

It's pretty funny how all those retards crying about the nerfs, when some of them don't even play the game anymore. I guess they really have nothing better to do than whine and complain, probably should get hit by a bus or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Can this be added to the original news post? People that don't look beyond what's right in front of them need it.

Thanks for info. No need to be rude about it though. Makes you no different from the nerdragers.

Have a nice day all. :P

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    This should make for an interesting next episode of Blue Plz!

But seriously, Blizzard is still being lazy. Instead of taking these nerfed versions of the raid boss encounters and making a separate version of the raid with an easy difficulty setting, they have to nerf the whole thing and piss off the other portion of their player base.
    because it's not like the portion of the playerbase that cares will be doing.. oh idk.. FIRELANDS, crying about content getting nerfed that's outdated is amusing to watch

Signature by Kenz

i hope these changed are a sick joke

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    They're 4.2 notes, meaning this shit isn't going live until 4.2, meaning that this won't go live until Firelands is here, meaning this won't GO LIVE UNTIL THERE'S A NEW TIER.

Thereby invalidating every single thing you bitched about pages back. Thanks.
    Hmm not really cause a stupid nerf is a stupid nerf no matter what.
    Yeah all the "pros" go like "we'll be raiding the new tier anyway, screw the old tier"
    But if nobody would care about the old stuff there is no need to nerf it. Not even for a stupid questline or whatever.

So they have to nerf it cause the players at the moments are too bad for the current tier of raiding.
    And don't gimme that "they do it for the twinks bla bla" stuff.

The reason they do it is simple : MOST OF THE WoW PLAYERS SUCK! And it's blizzards own fault for making the game so fucking easy.
    It all started when you could simply buy your epics from the vendor and now you can simply faceroll yourself to the tier-sets.
    Even the worst dipshit player ingame can kill a boss when this goes live and you can't tell me that this is something good.

"Screw challenges - FREE EPICS AND LEGENDARIES FOR EVERYONE" - Blizzard

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    youll be too busy with firelands why you care about how hard older content will be

Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    THIS IS OVER THE LINE! as an elitist i care about the gear other people have because if they have gear thats still a shit ton worse then mine then i wont be as cool in a game
    you keep wearing that old gear that won't mean much when t12 is out, that's cool, nerfs to outdated content are nothing to worry about

Signature by Kenz

Here's my issue with this nerf. It's not a nerf to Hardmodes, so Dragonslayer Aleom here doesn't care one bit about the nerf itself. The problem is that this directly impacts the LEGENDARY weapon in Firelands.

Originally, the Legendary weapon was going to only be available to guilds that have cleared all of current T11 content, this meant being 13/13 HM. Only then would your guild have access to the Legendary weapon. However, they decided against this idea, and then changed it so that it could only be available to guilds that had fully cleared normal modes. I figured well that's definitely more than enough for almost any guild to accomplish, so the prize and rarity of the Legendary has gone down a little bit, but that's only a status thing...I can live with that if I have to.

Then, on top of making the Legendary come for anyone who has rolled through normal modes, they also decrease the difficulty of Normal Modes by a sweeping 20%. THIS is too excessive. Had they Nerfed normal modes, but STILL kept the Legendary staffs lockout only available to Hard Mode guilds, I would be okay with this. This would STILL make the guilds that want to EARN a legendary have to do all the encounters on hard mode, which still maintain their current level of difficulty. And the normal modes being turned into easy modes would allow them to gear up faster to do it.

I don't care about the Nerfs themselves I care about the consequences it has as far as the Legendary staffs availability.

well looks like a lot of people were STILL too dumb to beat the bosses
    and since there's no new tier content anywhere close they try to make it more easy (and therefore more interesting) for twinks and dumb people.
    awesome.
    This is the kind of response that frustrates me. My guild is 9/12 normal modes on the current tier. We get to raid twice a week if we're lucky, and if we're really lucky we get our best players to be together for one raid, 3 hours per week. Many of our better players could probably leave and join more serious guilds and be working on hardmodes. But we stick together because we like each other. We're friends. Does that mean that we have a few players in our raid who are keyboard turners? Sure. Perhaps there's a guy who goes AFK for 30 minutes because his baby is crying? Yeah, that too. We don't even use vent because some players and officers don't like it. Do all of these things hamper our ability to be as successful as possible? Of course they do. That's life.

If you honestly think that players who haven't completed the current tier are "dumb" then you're sadly misguided. Players like me - in our 30's, with families, jobs, and other hobbies - are less interested in clearing content than we are in playing with our friends. The only thing you're right in is that by nerfing the current tier once Firelands is released, they'll make it "more interesting" for us. Yeah, it will be more interesting. In fact it will be more fun. We'll get our 12/12, enjoy seeing the content and how the story moves ahead, and then head to Firelands.

By that time, your type of player will have cleared 4.2 content and the whole cycle will begin again. You have fun, I have fun. Calling my type of player "dumb" shows disregard for the huge variety of players who enjoy WoW. This game is not an elitist MMO. Those exist, if you want them. This is a game for the masses, and you and I are both a part of it in our own ways.

- Moss (Aman'Thul)

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    A lot of people will be crying "Blizzard nerfs everything! They cater to casuals!" over the raid changes, I actually really like the compromise that less skilled players will be able to see the content a tier behind, now that it's more forgiving. I see no problem with it.
    i honestly don't understand why anyone would have a problem with it anyway, it's going to be outdated content when these changes go live

Signature by Kenz

I am glad that blizzard is learning their lessons. One of the biggest fail of ICC IMO was hellscream buff still being active on heroic mode. Nerfing normals and leaving heroics alone is a smart move. My guild is still working on 8/13 and we already voted not to use any gear with ilvl above t11hc when we start Synestra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Aleom View Post
    Here's my issue with this nerf. It's not a nerf to Hardmodes, so Dragonslayer Aleom here doesn't care one bit about the nerf itself. The problem is that this directly impacts the LEGENDARY weapon in Firelands.

Originally, the Legendary weapon was going to only be available to guilds that have cleared all of current T11 content, this meant being 13/13 HM. Only then would your guild have access to the Legendary weapon. However, they decided against this idea, and then changed it so that it could only be available to guilds that had fully cleared normal modes. I figured well that's definitely more than enough for almost any guild to accomplish, so the prize and rarity of the Legendary has gone down a little bit, but that's only a status thing...I can live with that if I have to.

Then, on top of making the Legendary come for anyone who has rolled through normal modes, they also decrease the difficulty of Normal Modes by a sweeping 20%. THIS is too excessive. Had they Nerfed normal modes, but STILL kept the Legendary staffs lockout only available to Hard Mode guilds, I would be okay with this. This would STILL make the guilds that want to EARN a legendary have to do all the encounters on hard mode, which still maintain their current level of difficulty. And the normal modes being turned into easy modes would allow them to gear up faster to do it.

I don't care about the Nerfs themselves I care about the consequences it has as far as the Legendary staffs availability.
    source? otherwise you simply pulled some bullshit out of your ass and labeled it as fact

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm not really cause a stupid nerf is a stupid nerf no matter what.
    Yeah all the "pros" go like "we'll be raiding the new tier anyway, screw the old tier"
    But if nobody would care about the old stuff there is no need to nerf it. Not even for a stupid questline or whatever.

So they have to nerf it cause the players at the moments are too bad for the current tier of raiding.
    And don't gimme that "they do it for the twinks bla bla" stuff.

The reason they do it is simple : MOST OF THE WoW PLAYERS SUCK! And it's blizzards own fault for making the game so fucking easy.
    It all started when you could simply buy your epics from the vendor and now you can simply faceroll yourself to the tier-sets.
    Even the worst dipshit player ingame can kill a boss when this goes live and you can't tell me that this is something good.

"Screw challenges - FREE EPICS AND LEGENDARIES FOR EVERYONE" - Blizzard
    Your original point was because "Blizzard has no date in sight for t12 so they're nerfing this in the mean time."

Now you're backtracking and going into this entire casual baby shit. Why the heck do you care? If you're worth anything, you were 12/12 months ago and are working on, or completed, HMs. Whether people suck or not doesn't affect you.

The "bads" will be able to kill LAST TIER'S CONTENT while the rest of us are working on new stuff. Why are you freaking out again?

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aleom View Post

Wait a goddamn minute.

If people are unable to get 12/12 NORMAL before the nerfs, then why do you think they'll be able to do all of the things the legendary require? You think that people, who are only able to go 12/12 after sweeping nerfs, will be capable of getting the legendary. Amusing.

This has to be part of the most flawed logic ever. And there's a LOT of it.

If you're concerned about the people getting the legendary in Tier 13, then that's a valid complaint, but that's the nature of the game.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2011-05-24 at 10:07 PM.

Ghostcrawler swings his Nerf Bat at Patch 4.1 and Critically Hits for 50%
    Patch 4.1 has been slain by Ghostcrawler

Deleted
    I don't bother the nerfs, just makes me more excited about Firelands.

Spellsteal NEEDS a nerf ffs. World of WE LOVE MAGES ^_^ tee hee -GC

Man why are the nerfing the content!? = /

why can't people see they did this with ICC.... its not new... its not that they lost subscribers..... with icc they gave us a buff that increased the players damage health mana healing up 30%.... instead of being able to turn it off to grief people that needed it... they just decreased everything 20%.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rational people who have some actual perspective realize that there's not a damned thing wrong with nerfing normal mode raids when the next tier comes out. Rational people also realize that Blizzard isn't in the business of keeping people from seeing and completing content.

They also aren't in the business of catering to the hardcore crowd. They haven't been in that business since Vanilla.

Complain as much as you want. It won't change anything because Blizzard doesn't care about you. They care about the other 90% of players who foot most of the bill.
    I'm a crazy taco.

You know what?

I find the nerfs acceptable.....

........if they make they gear color from epic to blue and decrease stats. But Bope.