shadow pvp finally getting fixed?

Saw in the 5/24 update to the 4.2 patch notes that they're finally removing DR from sin and punishment. Guess there goes my urgency with gearing a different pvp character... after 4.1 I had given up but now I have hope...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Deleted
    Why ask if it is getting fixed as you can see in the patch notes it is?

It's a nice buff, now it might be a choice if you want to actually hammer the Dispel button when fighting a Shadow Priest. After half a year, it's nice they finally decided to change it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It's a nice buff, now it might be a choice if you want to actually hammer the Dispel button when fighting a Shadow Priest. After half a year, it's nice they finally decided to change it.
    Maybe this was Blizzard's plan all along. Get the dispel mashers into doing it on instinct, then change the DI on vampiric touch.

It's a trap!

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I think the last 2 issues currently are the 4 set satin bonus sucking balls, and the mana cost of our spells.

In pvp SWD for mana return is far from enough since everything cost so much and the opportunity to bust out archangel is limited and you really want to save it for burst anyway not waste it for mana (like dispersion).

But really blizz, half a year?

P.s. Doesn't sin break on damage? Since its been so useless I never payed attention.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-05-24 at 07:39 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I think the last 2 issues currently are the 4 set satin bonus sucking balls, and the mana cost of our spells.

In pvp SWD for mana return is far from enough since everything cost so much and the opportunity to bust out archangel is limited and you really want to save it for burst anyway not waste it for mana (like dispersion).

But really blizz, half a year?

I took a look at the top PVP shadow priest in the world's gear the other day. I don't remember his name, Tardis or Tordoras or something like that. Anyways, point is, he was wearing the 4P disc set.

I think the fact that Shadow Priests are forced to wear disc gear is a testament at how much we need a certain buff.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    I took a look at the top PVP shadow priest in the world's gear the other day. I don't remember his name, Tardis or Tordoras or something like that. Anyways, point is, he was wearing the 4P disc set.

I think the fact that Shadow Priests are forced to wear disc gear is a testament at how much we need a certain buff.
    I like how you said disc gear...

oh blizz.... oh blizz.... /shakes head

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really glad to read that its FINALLY being addressed

I went with mooncloth set too for the holy walk bonus. It's too bad my pvp spec doesn't allow room for me to spec into talents that give me hit rating from spirit, then I could get all haste off pieces instead of having to get hit. But still, this will be a nice needed change for dispell protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    I went with mooncloth set too for the holy walk bonus. It's too bad my pvp spec doesn't allow room for me to spec into talents that give me hit rating from spirit, then I could get all haste off pieces instead of having to get hit. But still, this will be a nice needed change for dispell protection.
    You must of spec into imp mind blast or paralysis. Which is not very smart.

1: You will never, EVER, EVERVEREVEREVEREVER be able to use mind blast on cd even without imp mind blast. It is a wasted 3 points in pvp and if you do use mind blast every single cooldown stop ganking people in a crowd, thats not pvp.

2: Paralysis is un-reliable, you have to crit and even if you do crit it shares DR with other roots (horrible if you are playing with a frost mage) not sure if they fixed it or not but warriors can still use charge w/ paralysis affecting them. The thing just doesnt pop at the right time (if you are using mind spike x3-4 just to get this root, don't). Overall its a waste of 2 points compared to the gear you could be using (haste off pieces)

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMoZZGrMddkrdzfo
    Last edited by zito; 2011-05-24 at 11:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You must of spec into imp mind blast or paralysis. Which is not very smart.
    Do you realize what imp mind blast does besides reduce the CD on it? If you're not running with a hunter, arms warrior, or rogue that uses wounds poison then YOU are the person that is expected to keep MS up on people.

2: Paralysis is un-reliable, you have to crit and even if you do crit it shares DR with other roots (horrible if you are playing with a frost mage) not sure if they fixed it or not but warriors can still use charge w/ paralysis affecting them. The thing just doesnt pop at the right time (if you are using mind spike x3-4 just to get this root, don't).
    I disagree - when you're going for a kill on a melee who's obviously trying to get into melee range of someone (yourself, your healer, etc) you will be popping arch/trink/mind spike(mb on cd) anyway for the burst - I've found that the added root helps a ton, especially in bg's. I personally specced out of Imp SW:P (it was doing so little dmg in my matches) but you can also take 2 pts out of Shadowy Apparition.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    no, it's unacceptable that they took 6 months to change such an obvious problem. We shouldn't be happy about this change, we should be annoyed.