Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Thanks for this, the OP's post was so chaotic this made it nice and clear.
    No problem I like things organized and simple, instead of all over the place and having a paragraph explaining it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Not really a program you as an individual can just start up and it'll instantly do its thing. Unlike all other programs, Mumble is a collective application - requiring a pre-determined structure/environment to be useful.
    You mean it requires a server, just like Ventrilo. I have Murmur (mumble's server-side component) running on my webserver, personally.

I was going through the list. And i messed up the url for; Everything, Rockbox, Notepad++, Torproject, sculptris, and unreal development kit. All of them just need " deleted from the end except rockbox i messed that 1 up. Also CamStuido should of been put in the video tools instead of misc. Could a mod fix them pleaseee

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I was going through the list. And i messed up the url for; Everything, Rockbox, Notepad++, Torproject, sculptris, and unreal development kit. All of them just need " deleted from the end except rockbox i messed that 1 up. Also CamStuido should of been put in the video tools instead of misc. Could a mod fix them pleaseee
    Fixed those and a few others that had either hanging quotes or dashes.

great compilation!

any reason there's no winamp love?
    Last edited by bals; 2011-07-03 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be worth mentioning:
    http://connect.microsoft.com/systemsweeper

[
    quote]beta version of Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta, a recovery tool that can help you start an infected PC and perform an offline scan to help identify and remove rootkits and other advanced malware. In addition, Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta can be used if you cannot install or start an antivirus solution on your PC, or if the installed solution can’t detect or remove malware on your PC.[/quote]

15+ Year Old Account
    I just use a portable version of Malware Bytes works good for offline scanning
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Great thread. Might take a look when I get my new computer!

Useful Programs

Was thinking the other day, about the software I find most useful other than the usual every day stuff, movie players converters and stuff.

I find two, useful

Teamviewer - http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

So I don't have to go friends houses for some 5 minute thing they having difficulty with on pc. I also use it to control my crappy pc thats used as an FTP, ts and vent server. They also have versions, you don't have to install and they overcome the difficulty with routers experienced with other VNC programs.

Dropbox http://www.dropbox.com, I find this program, well virtual/web storage space really useful to keeping files available, to sharing files with guildies like boss screenies, boss kill videos and such and I tried not to but I couldn't resist, if you signup with my refer link(http://db.tt/OMZgbdn), we both get an extra 250MB.

Sorry if these have been mentioned before!
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

10+ Year Old Account
    BS player for playing movies. It has a built-in search for subtitles.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    There is already a similar thread here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...are-Megathread

Sticky index is your friend.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    "bump" for adding Clonezilla. If anyone has to replace a hard drive in a computer and doesn't want to reformat for some reason, this would be a viable option. could also be used to make a full backup to store somewhere. it's an open source recreation of Norton Ghost
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    "bump" for adding Clonezilla. If anyone has to replace a hard drive in a computer and doesn't want to reformat for some reason, this would be a viable option. could also be used to make a full backup to store somewhere. it's an open source recreation of Norton Ghost
    Possibly make a note not to use it when cloning TO an SSD. Going from is fine, but last I checked it didn't do proper alignment when moving partitions onto an SSD.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

I'd like to recommend to the mod developers a free bug & issue tracker, it's web-based.
    May be a bit complicated for starters, but it's powerful.

A program I use a lot at work is Daemon Tools Lite for mounting .iso images. It also comes with a free download to Astroburn Lite for burning the images.

I like free desktop notes, always very useful)
    can download from here: sticky-notes.org
    use them every day)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Going to merge this thread since there is already a mega thread in the sticky index which can be found here.

+ internet to op
    + internet to every1 else who listed this photofitre

about to try it now been searching a while for a program similar to adobe that isnt the gimp, Dam I hate that program with a burning passion

oh and to cover my back

Open officer for all your microsoft office needs
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account

Am I being totally stupid? Can anyone else not find a download link for:
    Hiren's BootCD Repair/Diagnose computers

Also
    RocketDock - MAC style docking bar for windows
    should be up here somewhere :P
    http://rocketdock.com/

Deleted
    Misc: Programmer’s Notepad Free notepad replacement, great editor, line numbers, highlighting etc.

Codecs: cccp-project One of the (imo) best free codec packs out there, it comes with Media Player classic