Poll: Where are you from?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Proper "Where are you from?" WITH POLL

I've seen 2 threads with this title, but I was disappointed twice because there was no poll, and so you can't just take a quick glance and look at it. So, here's a poll to go with it.

I tried to cover all areas of the world with the few options I have, so I'm sorry if your country is just mashed up with one of the more general options, I'm not trying to discriminate anyone. I really really tried to cover the whole world with the limited 10 options that these forum polls allow, I am not trying to discriminate anyone. I'm really sorry about the "Europe" option that covers a lot of nations on it's own, but I couldn't think of anything else.

(Maybe condensing US and Canada would be the best fix, but I also wanna see the #s of US vs. Canadians so yeah)
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    inb4 "Y NO POLL?"
    You need to post the thread before polling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammurg View Post
    I think you did a fine job at compromising the options down to 10
    Also, this.

OT: Sweden, Europe, World.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2011-05-25 at 06:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Netherlands here. Yay for the cold, small and flat country!
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    I think you did a fine job at compromising the options down to 10

Deleted
    austria ;D

Deleted
    Denmark here, that must fit into Scandinavia regions

What the fuck does South America have to do with Spain and Portugal? Because Brasilians speak Portuguese? So do parts of Africa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarlet Devil Mansion, Gensokyo

CA, US.

Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    What the fuck does South America have to do with Spain and Portugal? Because Brasilians speak Portuguese? So do parts of Africa.
    I was trying to put the general Latin population in one, again, only have 10 options.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I was trying to put the general Latin population in one, again, only have 10 options.
    You should had put Spain and Portugal with the Europe option, the first thing people will think when they see that is that you think Spain and Portugal are in South America.

Deleted
    Romania, that counts as Europe or Russia and bordering friends? We don't really like Russia, so I'll vote Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Uhh... then you should have put France, Italy, Romania and their bordering friends there too, I have to agree that putting Spain and Portugal with South America wasn't best option.

Middle East is more of an Asia thing than Africa!
    Middle East ∈ Asia

edit:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia
    Even Isreal is in Asia!
    Last edited by Marooned; 2011-05-25 at 08:33 PM.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    Middle East is more of an Asia thing than Africa!
    Middle East ∈ Asia

edit:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia
    Even Palestine is in Asia!
    Geographically that is correct but usually Middle east is grouped up with North-Mid Africa due to ethnicity, language, culture and religion. For example most international companies have a MEA branch (Middle East & Africa) which is different than their IPAC/Asian branches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Romania, that counts as Europe or Russia and bordering friends? We don't really like Russia, so I'll vote Europe.

Uhh... then you should have put France, Italy, Romania and their bordering friends there too, I have to agree that putting Spain and Portugal with South America wasn't best option.
    +1 to that.
    I'm from Latvia and we do border Russia, but I on NO CIRCUMSTANCES want to be put together with it !!!11111 BLARG!
    Europe it is!

Canada, eh?
    We have Maple Syrup, Moose, Toronto, Hockey-Fight and dumb French chicks.

Deleted
    What no Nibiru? Pfft discrimination.

93 voters and I'm the first Aussie? Struth!

I think the OP did a fine job sorting out locations like that. 10 options is just not enough to be accurate.

I also support his South America/Spain/Portugal option since a lot of countries there were colonised by the Spanish, and Brazil was colonised by Portugal, so language-wise and and some thing about their cultures are related, so no problem with that, I would say.

Scandinavia and UK groups are also fine. It is Europe, but they are a little bit detached, coming to think of it.

It is hard to sort things out like that, but it was good enough IMO

This poll is massive fail due to the limited options.
    Following the same line of thought, there should only be 3 or 4 options in the pool, Portugal, Spain, France and GB because they colonised the rest of the world?

This makes no sense but congrats on the effort.

We do border Russia, but i dont want to be put together with it also. Ill just put Europe.